Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

‘Inappropriate’ Facebook post about Defence Minister

Started by RW, November 12, 2015, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Freedom of Association n'est-ce pas?

I have a different opinion. Those kind of organizations bring dishonour to the uniform. Same goes for the police.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"It's when when young people at colleges and universities can't laugh at comedians anymore.

That Seinfeld thing? They didn't laugh at one of his jokes because it simply wasn't funny. Nobody complained about the joke but he just assumed it was "political correctness".

Quote from: "RW"It's when we can't talk about sensitive subjects without being labeled racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Hypocrisy! Why shouldn't people be allowed to say what they want? If someone's racist, sexist or homophobic then they get to be called racist, sexist or homophobic.

They're just words. Don't be so easily offended!

Romero

QuoteRobin Camp, Alberta Judge, 'Truly Sorry' About 'Keep Your Knees Together' Comment

An Alberta federal court judge has apologized for telling a sexual assault complainant to "keep your knees together."

"I have come to recognize that things that I said and attitudes I displayed during the trial of this matter, and in my decision, caused deep and significant pain to many people," Justice Robin Camp said in a statement released by the Federal Court of Canada on Tuesday.

On Monday, the Canadian Judicial Council announced that it will review a 2014 decision made by Camp when he was a provincial court judge in Calgary.

His verdict was overturned on appeal, making way for a new trial.

In June 2014, Camp acquitted a man of sexual assault in a case involving a 19-year-old woman, deciding that the accused's version of events was more credible.

During the trial, Camp repeatedly referred to the alleged victim as "the accused," and described her as "unsavoury."

"Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?" Camp asked her, adding that her attempt to fight off her attacker sounded "very ineffectual." He also added that "sex and pain sometimes go together, that's not necessarily a bad thing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11/12/robin-camp-judge_n_8545356.html?utm_hp_ref=canada">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11/12/robin-camp-judge_n_8545356.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I have a different opinion. Those kind of organizations bring dishonour to the uniform. Same goes for the police.

I agree seoulbro.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"My political correctness is what exactly?  

You know Ro, if you have a problem with how this board is moderated, start a thread and we'll discuss it.  I prefer that to you hijacking threads that aren't related.

I'm only pointing out your hypocrisy!

Your political correctness is censoring, banning and hiding posts and posters you deem offensive. That's fine, but complaining about political correctness is pretty hypocritical when you're being politically correct all the time yourself.

There is NOTHING PC about dealing with abusive posters or cleaning up or preventing the thread bombing that they perform. Obviously you are are of the mindset that just because this is an open forum that free speech reigns. Well this forum is someone's house and we are all guests here and we all have to abide by the rules of our host and if our host deems certain things offensive, they have every right to get rid of it.

Do you bring garbage over to someones home and throw it around like you have a right to? I would hope not because if you did to me I would beat the shit out of your little effeminate ass right before I threw you out into the street. Was that UN-PC enough for you?

The analogy Romero is trying to make doesn't fit.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"It's when when young people at colleges and universities can't laugh at comedians anymore.

That Seinfeld thing? They didn't laugh at one of his jokes because it simply wasn't funny. Nobody complained about the joke but he just assumed it was "political correctness".

Quote from: "RW"It's when we can't talk about sensitive subjects without being labeled racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Hypocrisy! Why shouldn't people be allowed to say what they want? If someone's racist, sexist or homophobic then they get to be called racist, sexist or homophobic.

They're just words. Don't be so easily offended!

The trouble is most of the time it isn't but misusing such labels diminishes true instances.  We've been over this you poor blind house pet.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And what about when they aren't in uniform?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Membership in such anti social organizations should be grounds for dismissal from the police service or armed services. It's mu opinion only, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but that's my two cents.

RW

Yeah I don't agree with that.  I would agree if it was considered a terrorist organization or one that partakes in illegal activities.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yeah I don't agree with that.  I would agree if it was considered a terrorist organization or one that partakes in illegal activities.

Groups like the KKK ARE domestic terror groups. Almost everything they do is illegal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Membership in such anti social organizations should be grounds for dismissal from the police service or armed services. It's mu opinion only, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but that's my two cents.

Yep, Alberta's 2 and a half long nightmare of high wages, low taxes and the largest recipient of investment in Canada is finally over. Thank you NDP MLA baristas. We always wanted to be another Manitoba. :001_rolleyes: