The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Winter Solstice Is Coming!

Started by the shark hunter, November 22, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

the shark hunter

... most everybody is excited about the countdown to christmas, but i can't wait for the SOLSTICE!

... the WINTER SOLSTICE, which happens on december 21st, is the shortest day of the year. after that, the days start getting longer, we get more sunshine, and, eventually, it WILL start getting warmer!

... here's to the upcoming WINTER SOLSTICE! :thumbup:
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

cc

Our anniversary

Longest night of the year  :sneaky2:  :sneaky2:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

the shark hunter

Quote from: "cc la femme"Our anniversary

Longest night of the year  :sneaky2:  :sneaky2:

... how romantic, cc!  :wink:

Renee

The ancient Celts and the Germanic people of northern Europe referred to it as Yule. Dates generally run from Dec 20th thru the 23rd. In the Celtic tradition it's know as a fire festival were the horned God is reborn after his death on Samhain. The druids believed that Yule spanned a 12 day period where the sun stood still in the sky and wood known as the "Yule Log" was burnt for that 12 days. Mistletoe is also hung in homes to bring good luck and to ward off evil spirits. I'm hanging an assload of it this year to keep the Crowley corpse away.

Yule is were most of our Christmas traditions come from. The Catholic church, not to be undone, usurped the holiday, as they did with most pagan festivals so they could gain control over the people of northern Europe.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Yeah, well "yule" be lucky to have me ever knocking on your door, toots.

The only reason you'd hang a forest of mistletoe is in the remote hope that some drunken homeless wino will stumble by and offer you a yuletide kiss.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Yeah, well "yule" be lucky to have me ever knocking on your door, toots.

The only reason you'd hang a forest of mistletoe is in the remote hope that some drunken homeless wino will stumble by and offer you a yuletide kiss.

You would like people to believe that wouldn't you? Unfortunately everyone knows that you are fascinated and obsessed with me. In fact so much so that it kinda makes my skin crawl. :beurk:

Your obsession is evident by the fact that 90% of your posts here are directed at me. :ohmy:

I think I will get extra mistletoe just to be on the safe side and stuff my pockets with it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Bricktop

Oh yeah...I'm filled with lust.

I am compelled to reply to many of your posts because of the crap and bullshit you write that requires challenge and correction.

Others may be intimidated by your typical bluster, but not I.

Anonymous

The sun in Saskatchewan is blinding when it is going down this time of year.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Oh yeah...I'm filled with lust.

I am compelled to reply to many of your posts because of the crap and bullshit you write that requires challenge and correction.

Yes I know and it seems that is your mission in life  :001_rolleyes: .....Must really suck to be you. :laugh:

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Others may be intimidated by your typical bluster, but not I.

That's a disconcerting thing to say to me because I've made an effort on this forum to try not to intimidate anyone. Unfortunately I see that I failed in respect to you.   :sad:

In the future I will try to be more mindful of your sensitive, little boy, psyche. ac_biggrin

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Renee"The ancient Celts and the Germanic people of northern Europe referred to it as Yule. Dates generally run from Dec 20th thru the 23rd. In the Celtic tradition it's know as a fire festival were the horned God is reborn after his death on Samhain. The druids believed that Yule spanned a 12 day period where the sun stood still in the sky and wood known as the "Yule Log" was burnt for that 12 days. Mistletoe is also hung in homes to bring good luck and to ward off evil spirits. I'm hanging an assload of it this year to keep the Crowley corpse away.

Yule is were most of our Christmas traditions come from. The Catholic church, not to be undone, usurped the holiday, as they did with most pagan festivals so they could gain control over the people of northern Europe.

... fascinating stuff, Renee.  thanks for sharing ...

cc

Quote from: "Renee" everyone knows that you are fascinated and obsessed with me.

We all know that.

Quote from: "Renee"Your obsession is evident by the fact that 90% of your posts here are directed at me.

yes, It could not be more obvious

unrequited love is so sad to see .. almost makes me cry .... I said "almost"  ac_smile

Now, as to requited / fulfilled love, we married on that day Dec 21 ... the longest night of the year  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell