Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A Question For shin

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

What do you have n common with the BF crowd? You seem out of your element with people like Uncle Diff, Scouse and a couple others that are on VF 24/7 spewing shit that would insult the intelligence of an amoeba.

shin

I joined BF in 2008, posted for about a week, and didn't come back until a year before it closed. Back then I joined more than a few splinter forums which shared a core audience that I think migrated from sites like Consumption Junction.

I came back to BF after losing contact with a couple of posters from other forums, but decided to stick around regardless of not finding them there. I had a lot of free time on my hands 2 years ago, and I think I'll always prefer forums to social media. Most of the regulars warmed up to me, so it gave me another reason to stick around.

I've had good conversations with Dilf and Scouse in the past, and I try to see past the general personality any forum member sticks to especially if they haven't taken on  mission to troll me personally. It also helps that I view forums as a vessel for entertainment first, and socialization as a secondary purpose.

Though I might seem very different than the ones you're referring to, the greater encompassing group we spawned from was more diverse. I'll never get what's so gratifying about trolling, but I do realize that it stems from boredom and an attempt at humor. The downside of it is, few see it as a worthwhile method of funny and interpret offensive and malicious the prime motivation behind it by default.

shin

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I joined BF in 2008, posted for about a week, and didn't come back until a year before it closed. Back then I joined more than a few splinter forums which shared a core audience that I think migrated from sites like Consumption Junction.

I came back to BF after losing contact with a couple of posters from other forums, but decided to stick around regardless of not finding them there. I had a lot of free time on my hands 2 years ago, and I think I'll always prefer forums to social media. Most of the regulars warmed up to me, so it gave me another reason to stick around.

I've had good conversations with Dilf and Scouse in the past, and I try to see past the general personality any forum member sticks to especially if they haven't taken on  mission to troll me personally. It also helps that I view forums as a vessel for entertainment first, and socialization as a secondary purpose.

Though I might seem very different than the ones you're referring to, the greater encompassing group we spawned from was more diverse. I'll never get what's so gratifying about trolling, but I do realize that it stems from boredom and an attempt at humor. The downside of it is, few see it as a worthwhile method of funny and interpret offensive and malicious the prime motivation behind it by default.

You struck me as a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. There has always been trolling on VF, but almost all the good topics/posters are gone now. Forums are dying out to social media as you know, but I find them not as good a venue as forums to discuss ideas, current events and the like. I shouldn't judge the BF gang though because I originally joined the old DV to troll an obvious troll. When it folded over 5 and a half years ago, I followed some posters to VF, much like you guys made that place your home after BF went tits up. Along the way, I made friends with some people and enemies with others. Kinda like your experience with forums.

I don't object to trolling for a purpose. However, what's happening there now is adults being kids which I do not find a worthwhile attempt at humour. Maybe some of them are very different in their personal and professional relationships. Though I just can't imagine some of these 40 year old teenagers having either. If they do, they deserve an academy award for their forum performance.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

How tall are you?

Marital status?

What do you do?

Annual income?

Do you own or rent? House, town home or condo?

Are you a tit man or an ass man?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

How tall are you?

Marital status?

What do you do?

Annual income?

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I joined BF in 2008, posted for about a week, and didn't come back until a year before it closed. Back then I joined more than a few splinter forums which shared a core audience that I think migrated from sites like Consumption Junction.

I don't have anything against any former BF members shin..

I have had the pleasure of getting to know a few and they all were pleasant..

How you view forums is almost exact opposite of me, but that is fine..

Men seem to like the entertainment side while I think ladies prefer the socialization.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

How tall are you?

Marital status?

What do you do?

Annual income?

What?? He said feel free to ask. :001_tongue:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

How tall are you?

Marital status?

What do you do?

Annual income?

What?? He said feel free to ask. :001_tongue:

Shin is a very nice guy; I don't want you provoking him.

cc

lol @ shin's list

Yes, you are very different from your cohorts. A very good poster and we sure do welcome you here.

I think you already know that our Shin is OK too
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"lol @ shin's list

Yes, you are very different from your cohorts. A very good poster and we sure do welcome you here.

I think you already know that our Shin is OK too

Hey, I want answers to those questions.

Just kiddin, I really like shin. Who doesn't though. You don't have to answer my questions shin.

Bricktop

Quote from: "shin" I think migrated from sites like Consumption Junction.

Ah, CJ's...takes me back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "shin" I think migrated from sites like Consumption Junction.

Ah, CJ's...takes me back.

So many of these sites I never heard of Mr. Crowley.

deadskinmask

well, i'll be damned.... yall can be polite.... i didn't think you had it in ya.... lol....

RW

Of course we can be!

DEEP!

Hehehe
Beware of Gaslighters!