The best topic

Replies: 10412
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The Real Tinfoil Hat

Started by RW, January 07, 2016, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I didn't I was given an application at an event.

A Disney job fair?

Annie

It was a Star Wars event actually, when George Lucas had signed rights with Disney.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It was a Star Wars event actually, when George Lucas had signed rights with Disney.

In Vancouver?

Annie

It was a Fan Expo thing with the 501st and a lot of Star Wars characters including R2D2 in Vancouver a couple years ago.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It was a Fan Expo thing with the 501st and a lot of Star Wars characters including R2D2 in Vancouver a couple years ago.

KEWL!!

Annie

I got to get up and close to R2D2 too and had my picture taken with him a couple times  :thumbup: It was a replica robotic but very cool just the same.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I got to get up and close to R2D2 too and had my picture taken with him a couple times  :thumbup:

I'm looking for an R2D2 beer fridge for my husband's downstairs bar.

Annie

Ohh I've seen those! Very cool! Have you looked on Ebay and Amazon?

Renee

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I don't know but I hate boats and I wouldn't want to be away from my family. I have too much stuff to take care of at home to be away for weeks at a time.

Cruise ship work is not for people with families, unless you are trying to avoid them. :laugh3:

Also any kind of character acting is extremely difficult and demanding on any kind of personal life. It's best donecwhen you are single and free from life attachments.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"I don't know but I hate boats and I wouldn't want to be away from my family. I have too much stuff to take care of at home to be away for weeks at a time.

Cruise ship work is not for people with families, unless you are trying to avoid them. :laugh3:

Also any kind of character acting is extremely difficult and demanding on any kind of personal life. It's best donecwhen you are single and free from life attachments.

I haven't been on a cruise ship, but my parents have in happier times. I thought most people including the entertainment is made up primarily of Filipinos.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I haven't been on a cruise ship, but my parents have in happier times. I thought most people including the entertainment is made up primarily of Filipinos.

I've been on more than a few cruises including Disney. Yes a lot of the employees are either from the Philippines or South America. The entertainment is a mixed bag. The headliners could be from anywhere. In fact many of the Disney entertainers come from their Broadway productions or the parks.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I've been on more than a few cruises including Disney. Yes a lot of the employees are either from the Philippines or South America. The entertainment is a mixed bag. The headliners could be from anywhere. In fact many of the Disney entertainers come from their Broadway productions or the parks.

I don't think cruises are something I would like to do. You've done all-inclusive, what do you prefer, ships or resorts?

Renee

I don't think cruises are something I would like to do. You've done all-inclusive, what do you prefer, ships or resorts?

Both have strengths and weakness. I actually prefer cruises only because you get to visit  different ports of call but overall I find both a little too confining. There are limitations and unexpected expenses with both. Actually I prefer my timeshare because I can go where I want and chose whatever type of accommodations I want. It can be all inclusive or I can be on my own. Either way I have found the costs to equal out in the end. Plus with the timeshare I can go anywhere and not pay a frickin hotel bill. All I need is spending money and a bathing suit. ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Both have strengths and weakness. I actually prefer cruises only because you get to visit  different ports of call but overall I find both a little too confining. There are limitations and unexpected expenses with both. Actually I prefer my timeshare because I can go where I want and chose whatever type of accommodations I want. It can be all inclusive or I can be on my own. Either way I have found the costs to equal out in the end. Plus with the timeshare I can go anywhere and not pay a frickin hotel bill. All I need is spending money and a bathing suit. ac_biggrin

I don't think I will ever get an opportunity to compare any of them Renee..

That's ok though.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I don't think I will ever get an opportunity to compare any of them Renee..

That's ok though.

ac_smile

You never know, Fash.