The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Loch? Are you here?

Started by Annie, January 08, 2016, 05:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'll have to pick his big nerd brain about it.

The only times her forum grew was when other forums died and she took in their refugees. It has FUCK ALL to do with Twitter. Having said that, a BC Twitter account can't hurt.

RW

Well someone needs to walk me through that shit.  I don't Twitter.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I don't twitter either, can't seem to get the lingo. Shen, no I don't want to see crap on the forum but that's the chance anyone takes when new people join. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"I haven't wrapped my head around the Twitter thing and how it drives traffic.

:confused1:

As I recall, I was looking at the Canadian politics hashtag (https://twitter.com/hashtag/cdnpoli">#cdnpoli) when the occupy thing was happening and I stumbled on a link that took me to OV and I thought to myself: "Haha! a captive audience! I can force them to listen to me.."

The rest is history. =)

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I don't twitter either, can't seem to get the lingo. Shen, no I don't want to see crap on the forum but that's the chance anyone takes when new people join. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!

Everyone should get a chance, I agree. However, once you see a person adds nothing, it turns off the regulars, which is you and me. Once that happens, you gotta cage em, just like RW is currently doing.

Renee

Twitter is populated by teenage nasty little shits and the celebutards they worship. Twitter is a waste of time. Twitter is basically just legions of idiots posting inane garbage of 140 characters or less. You aren't going to attract posters with half a brain from that pile of crap. You would be better off linking this place to an FB account.

If EB found Van through Twitter, then I think he is an anomaly.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Twitter is populated by teenage nasty little shits and the celebutards they worship. Twitter is a waste of time. Twitter is basically just legions of idiots posting inane garbage of 140 characters or less. You aren't going to attract posters with half a brain from that pile of crap. You would be better off linking this place to an FB account.

No doubt about it. As I said her forum grew from refugees fleeing deceased forums.

Twitter makes people stupid.

Annie

The thing about linking with Faceplant is that if a friend joins then there's more of a chance of personal info being accidentally leaked.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Twitter is populated by teenage nasty little shits and the celebutards they worship. Twitter is a waste of time. Twitter is basically just legions of idiots posting inane garbage of 140 characters or less. You aren't going to attract posters with half a brain from that pile of crap. You would be better off linking this place to an FB account.

No doubt about it. As I said her forum grew from refugees fleeing deceased forums.

Twitter makes people stupid.

Only the most empty headed electronic media addicted fools use twitter for any length of time. Most normal people give it a try and after the novelty wears off, they say "fuck it" and don't bother with it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

I have a Twitter account and it was only to initially sign up for a contest, I don't think I'm following anyone and I doubt anyone is following me lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I have a Twitter account and it was only to initially sign up for a contest, I don't think I'm following anyone and I doubt anyone is following me lol

Twitter is great....for narcissistic assholes with no brains. If you had a brain before Twitter, a year of tweets will kill it.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Renee"
Only the most empty headed electronic media addicted fools use twitter for any length of time. Most normal people give it a try and after the novelty wears off, they say "fuck it" and don't bother with it.

I agree with this completely but sometimes I had to follow an item on Twitter especially when it had to do with work-related stuff. I've worked on press releases that were put on my work's Twitter account. So yes, I had to follow those but I'm glad I'm not doing that now. What a relief. Now and then I'll go in there if we're having a live event and people call in to ask questions. I just like to see how it's going and to see if anything worthy should be noted.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
This place is really looking good. It might be time to do a little advertising. You could set up a twitter account. That's how the other place does it.

It would be kewl if we had a little growth dude. If we could get a few more people like urself/Herm/Twenty Dollars, well fuck yeah. However, you have to realize that the regs here don't want the likes of that Dinky Freud guy, scouse and oddstain on the main board. There's already an idiot forum and it's called VF/new BF.

Well okay, but you need to realize that... that's music to my ears.  :laugh:

I like your taste in music eb. ac_drinks

J0E

Quote from: "asal"

he is charming and brilliant.

....however, he no longer has a full head of hair, asal.

This he admitted on that 'other forum'.

While I'm lacking in the oratory skills of his silver palate, at least I've got something that he lacks...

http://www.hairdirect.com/images/blog/george-costanza-toupee.jpg">

easter bunny

Quote from: "Herman"
This place is really looking good. It might be time to do a little advertising. You could set up a twitter account. That's how the other place does it.

It would be kewl if we had a little growth dude. If we could get a few more people like urself/Herm/Twenty Dollars, well fuck yeah. However, you have to realize that the regs here don't want the likes of that Dinky Freud guy, scouse and oddstain on the main board. There's already an idiot forum and it's called VF/new BF.

Well okay, but you need to realize that... that's music to my ears.  :laugh:

I like your taste in music eb. ac_drinks

Thanks. =)

ac_drinks