The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Five dead - Canada's day of shame...

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2016, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Quote from: "cc la femme"Hey kiddies. We can compromise here. You are both right

Attention whore Joe is an idiot who likes stirring the pot/getting under people's skin.

ac_drinks

J0E

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Please everyone.Spare us the theories. Spare us the "country" bullshit. Spare us the drama.

All of these events  are tragedies. They are not a shame upon a country. They fit no stereotype.

Pre-investigation theories and use of blame of any type  is attention whoring that insults the victims.

Whatever caused this is "individual". Perps who have done or would like to do this sort of thing run from poor to middle to very wealthy ... from well employed to broke .... from loners to outgoing types ... and have their very own unique motive.

This kind of perp and wannabee perp exist in every society  of every country.

Thank you cc.  :thumbup:

I was wondering when one of you Canadians were going to step up and say like it is. The despicable title of this thread is nothing more than a particular clown's, holier than thou way of rubbing his Aussie born sociopolitical agenda in everyone's face.

I'm glad it was you that stepped up. It was most appropriate.

I agree with you and ceec. But, Crow is not the only one rubbing their sociopolitical agenda in everyone's face.

I'm aware of that fact but I'm speaking strictly on this issue and this thread.

Look at Joe's posts. He has a high school aged kid killing people because the economy is sagging. WYH?

I've never said that a sagging economy is the only factor, although I've indicated that it could be one.

As I stated before, even if children are not fully cognizant of what's going in the world, their parents often are, and the abusive ones who see no escape from their own situation often take it out on their kids. It's not one thing, it's a compilation of them which leads to violent households which raise children who later commit violent acts. Violence is a symptom of something else.

Have you ever witnessed domestic violence or lived in a home with it? As I indicated earlier, someone I had a falling out with, frequently abuses his girlfriend. And anytime bad news arrived about his support payments to his ex, his negative bank account balance he'd get drunk and take it out on his girlfriend. I saw him hit her, punch her, spit on her on at least 3 separate occasions. He even threatened to kill here. Did she deserve it? No, of course not. But he'd do it anyway, and many of these domestic violent incidents would occur when his child was present. So, I don't take it back. From what I've seen, there may well be a causal link which goes in the economy and what goes in inside the home.  Of course, there are other factors, such as drug and alcohol abuse.

And I'm not convinced as you may be, that this is strictly an 'Injun problem' as it affects every race and religion. BTW, the example I pointed out was a White guy beating up his girlfriend. He'd call here whore, a b****h and a c**t. It was awful. But I'll never forget it. It was so painful to watch. I'm actually quite relieved that we both have resolved never to see each other again. He even owed me $200, but I just decided it wasn't worth it. And the horrific events which I found quite traumatic just to watch have compelled me to stay away from the guy and forget whatever debt he owed me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Please everyone.Spare us the theories. Spare us the "country" bullshit. Spare us the drama.

All of these events  are tragedies. They are not a shame upon a country. They fit no stereotype.

Pre-investigation theories and use of blame of any type  is attention whoring that insults the victims.

Whatever caused this is "individual". Perps who have done or would like to do this sort of thing run from poor to middle to very wealthy ... from well employed to broke .... from loners to outgoing types ... and have their very own unique motive.

I was wondering when one of you Canadians were going to step up and say like it is. The despicable title of this thread is nothing more than a particular clown's, holier than thou way of rubbing his Aussie born sociopolitical agenda in everyone's face.

I agree with you and ceec. But, Crow is not the only one rubbing their sociopolitical agenda in everyone's face.

I'm aware of that fact but I'm speaking strictly on this issue and this thread.

Look at Joe's posts. He has a high school aged kid killing people because the economy is sagging. WYH?

I've never said that a sagging economy is the only factor, although I've indicated that it could be one.

As I stated before, even if children are not fully cognizant of what's going in the world, their parents often are, and the abusive ones who see no escape from their own situation often take it out on their kids. It's not one thing, it's a compilation of them which leads to violent households which raise children who later commit violent acts. Violence is a symptom of something else.

Have you ever witnessed domestic violence or lived in a home with it? As I indicated earlier, someone I had a falling out with, frequently abuses his girlfriend. And anytime bad news arrived about his support payments to his ex, his negative bank account balance he'd get drunk and take it out on his girlfriend. I saw him hit her, punch her, spit on her on at least 3 separate occasions. Did she deserve it? No, of course not. But he'd do it anyway, and many of these domestic violent incidents would occur when his child was present. So, I don't take it back. From what I've seen, there may well be a causal link which goes in the economy and what goes in inside the home.  Of course, there are other factors, such as drug and alcohol abuse.

And I'm not convinced as you may be, that this is strictly an 'Injun problem' as it affects every race and religion. BTW, the example I pointed out was a White guy beating up his girlfriend. He'd call here whore, a b****h and a c**t. It was awful. But I'll never forget it. It was so painful to watch. I'm actually quite relieved that we both have resolved never to see each other again. He even owed me $200, but I just decided it wasn't worth it. And the horrific events which I found quite traumatic just to watch have compelled me to stay away from the guy and forget whatever debt he owed me. It

What Herman said was the total opposite of what you think he may be convinced of.

I was the first to mention that the community is aboriginal. But that does not matter. That punk that shot all the elementary school kids in Connecticut was white and not poor. Virginia Tech shooter was Korean and far from poor too. Aboriginal or not, several kids were wasted.

Bricktop

You want to be spared drama. You don't want these issues "politicised" (and I'll bet a shiny gold coin you don't even know what that means).

You just want the carnage and slaughter to go on, as long as its not your child who's head is splattered with a 12 gauge.

Nobody forces you to read the thread, or the posts. You don't like what I say, get the fuck out of my thread.

Cos I sure as shit ain't gonna stop saying it; there is NO place for guns in modern society.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
What Herman said was the total opposite of what you think he may be convinced of.

I was the first to mention that the community is aboriginal. But that does not matter. That punk that shot all the elementary school kids in Connecticut was white and not poor. Virginia Tech shooter was Korean and far from poor too. Aboriginal or not, several kids were wasted.

Joe knows that. He said it to try and get under Herm's skin.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Joe knows that. He said it to try and get under Herm's skin.

It didn't work.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

You want to be spared drama. You don't want these issues "politicised" (and I'll bet a shiny gold coin you don't even know what that means).

You just want the carnage and slaughter to go on, as long as its not your child who's head is splattered with a 12 gauge.

Nobody forces you to read the thread, or the posts. You don't like what I say, get the fuck out of my thread.

Cos I sure as shit ain't gonna stop saying it; there is NO place for guns in modern society.

Yeah, like I'm the only one that finds your self serving politicalization of a tragedy abhorrent, infuriating, hypocritical and supremely insulting. (You owe me a "shiny gold coin", you pompous boor) but you can keep it and shove it up your wrnkled arrogant ass.

People like you with your fear mongering and your repulsive attempts at sociopolitical  grand standing on the backs of tradgic incidents like this are disgusting. Hopefully one day you will fall off that soap box and break your fucking pencil neck.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Cos I sure as shit ain't gonna stop saying it; there is NO place for guns in modern society.

There is, actually.

Maybe not in Australia, but in Canada there is a very real need for guns.  Perhaps not handguns, but those are quite restricted here anyhow, and aren't generally a huge problem, all things considered.

This is a land of hunters, and of vast wilderness.  Long guns are very common, used by many for hunting, and simply for defense in the wilderness.

Very few problems occur here, all things considered, with legally owned firearms.

Asian Pride

It's no different than drinking and driving.  Drunk drivers will always cause the occasional problem.

What should be done?  Should we ban booze?  That's been tried.  Ban cars?

In a relatively free society, people must accept that there will be a slim chance that someone or something will kill you.  The odds are very rare, but it can occur.

It is sad for the families involved, I am sure, but really?  Life goes on.  This is nothing new, and human nature will always find a way to inflict harm onto others, no matter what.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"It's no different than drinking and driving.  Drunk drivers will always cause the occasional problem.

What should be done?  Should we ban booze?  That's been tried.  Ban cars?

In a relatively free society, people must accept that there will be a slim chance that someone or something will kill you.  The odds are very rare, but it can occur.

It is sad for the families involved, I am sure, but really?  Life goes on.  This is nothing new, and human nature will always find a way to inflict harm onto others, no matter what.

I would like that, but that will not happen.

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Fashionista"I would like that, but that will not happen.

In theory, it does sound like a good idea.

It's been tried, and was a well documented failure in all way, shapes and forms.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I would like that, but that will not happen.

In theory, it does sound like a good idea.

It's been tried, and was a well documented failure in all way, shapes and forms.

It will not happen, I know.

Asian Pride

Sadly, there are drunks like me, and all that will happen is I'll make some Mafioso boss rich by buying his product instead.

Many of the big breweries here actually made their start bootlegging.  Sleeman, Seagrams, etc...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"Sadly, there are drunks like me, and all that will happen is I'll make some Mafioso boss rich by buying his product instead.

Many of the big breweries here actually made their start bootlegging.  Sleeman, Seagrams, etc...

I don't like alcohol, but I know banning will create more problems than it will solve.

J0E

The median income of La Loche Saskatchewan is about $12,000. This is less than half of the median income of Saskatchewan.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saskatchewan-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-la-loche/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saska ... -la-loche/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saskatchewan-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-la-loche/

http://www.city-data.com/canada/La-Loche-Village.html">http://www.city-data.com/canada/La-Loche-Village.html

http://oi67.tinypic.com/207umgm.jpg">

So in fact, a depressed economy may have indirectly influenced the behavior of the shooter.

Growing up poor, in a bad part of the country with lots of drugs and alcohol around.

The USA has its ghettos.

Sadly, Canada has its Native Reservations.

Too often, the finger is pointed at the USA.

But we have our social eyesores as well.

Native people in Canada get treated like Blacks and Latinos in the States.

Unfortunately, there is racism here as well, but it's just targets a different group.

So if you Americans want to pick on us for that, that's OK.