The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

High School Memories

Started by Renee, March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

My friends and I would skip school and drive down to WA state to pick up guys to hang with for the day.  Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"My friends and I would skip school and drive down to WA state to pick up guys to hang with for the day.  Hahaha

Where in Washington? You're a little younger than me but one of those guys may have been my husband or one of his idiot younger brothers. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Dumpy dump.

You're safe...he was from the Lake Stevens area.

You're not his type anyway. He likes them plump and sleazy. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I was thin as a rail back in those days so he would have hated me.

I couldn't tell you any of their names even.  It was usually just a day thing although two of my girlfriends did end up marrying Americans.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I couldn't tell you any of their names even.  It was usually just a day thing althoughtwo of my girlfriends did end up marrying Americans.

Good God, why? Did they lose a bet? :laugh3:

RW

I'm still trying to figure it out haha!

I'm not close to one but the other is my best friend who lives in Oregon.  I actually adore her husband.  He's a great guy despite being a Republican.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I'm still trying to figure it out haha!

I'm not close to one but the other is my best friend who lives in Oregon.  I actually adore her husband.  He's a great guy despite being a Republican.

In Oregon??? He must be a transplant. There are no natural born Oregonites who are  Republicans. At least none that I know of.

RW

I'm trying to think of where he grew up....I think it was that area but I would have to check.  He's converted my bestie as well *shakes fist*
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I'm trying to think of where he grew up....I think it was that area but I would have to check.  He's converted my bestie as well *shakes fist*

Converted her, eh? Well that's good, everyone has room for improvement.  :sneaky2:  :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "RW"Anyone do anything sex related within the walls of your high school?

I did, but not during the time I attended it.  One of my boyfriends and I utilised the facility on a weekend when I was showing him where I went to school.

I made it all the way through highschool as a virgin.  It was mostly because the thought of telling my dad that I was pregnant was terrifying enough to make me abstain.

That, and the fact that everyone thought I was such a goody two shoes that nobody made a move.  Not until later in my clubbing days, when I discovered that I was lusted after and liked way more than I would have considered possible.  I was the kid who never fit in, straight A student, transferred in partway through the year from an all girl's school, so everyone assumed that my initial shyness was snobbery.  The guys used to tease, and I always had an answer for them, and the girls resented the attention I got from the boys, so they were more than a little bitchy.   I had a close circle of friends, and we had a ball together, so I didn't really care what anyone else thought.

I'm not normally naive but twice I was blindsided by guys I'd gone to school with...  one I was hanging out with playing pool at his house one night after a party, and he was pouring his heart out asking advice on how to make a move on a girl he was into,   this guy was the most gorgeous and popular guy at school, who was one half of the couple everyone wanted to be, and he used to save me a seat in English so that I could explain and help him and a bunch of the other guys, and after I told him that the best approach was direct... he lunged across the lounge and kissed me.  I then realised that he was talking about me.  We dated for a while.

The second one was after I'd had my eldest and was back home living with my parents, I was out clubbing with some girlfriends and we ran into a couple of guys from school, and my friends wanted to go home early, so the guys told them that they'd drop me home.  One of them suggested we go to his place for a swim, and the other one drove us all there... then left.  I went into his place and sat down while he turned on music, and he sat next to me then also kissed me, then told me he'd been wanting to do that since high school.  I dated him for a while too, and I never did get around to swimming in his pool.

None of my friends could believe that I didn't see it coming that either of them were hitting on me. And didn't let me live it down for a very long time.

Some very interesting stories Mona.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dove"In high school, I was mostly with the misfit crowd, but got along with everyone. I pretty much wrote bad poetry, wore cords, and lived in harmony house. I really wouldn't redo it lol.

You mean you had no problems with anyone Dove?
No no...Harmony House was a music store lol

I remember a Harmony Hut; was that the same? I believe they were bought out by the Sam Goody chain of music stores. Sam is now gone as well.

We had HMV.

I miss record stores. You could spend hours going through racks of albums and CDs. You can still find one on occasion but they are not the same.

Nowadays you just download music to your IPod, computer or phone. It's more convenient and cheaper but it lacks the same kind of fun.

It was fun going into those stores when I was a teenager..

I liked looking at the pictures and art work on CD's and movies..

They still have HMV today, but like you said it's not the same anymore.

Anonymous

There's nothing wrong with Republicans if they are the moderate variety like governor Kasich or senator Lindsey Graham. There's nothing wrong with Democrats either if they are the moderate variety like senator Joe Manchin.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

There's nothing wrong with Republicans if they are the moderate variety like governor Kasich or senator Lindsey Graham. There's nothing wrong with Democrats either if they are the moderate variety like senator Joe Manchin.

There's nothing wrong with cracking jokes either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

There's nothing wrong with cracking jokes either.

And if that happens I will be the first one to lol. :wink: