Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

chip malfunction - swipe card

Started by easter bunny, April 05, 2016, 11:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It doesn't count for hybrid vehicles that you don't plug-in though.

I am going to hold onto my ride a little longer anyway.

Anonymous

Ford Focus has an electric model too.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"Ford Focus has an electric model too.

Yeah but then you have to drive a Ford Focus.  Ewwwww!
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Good point

Quote BC is up to $5000

We taxpayers pay it for them? .. wtf?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Good point

Quote BC is up to $5000

I read that electric car sales were soaring in the state of Georgia until they cancelled subsidies and then they dropped like a stone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Ford Focus has an electric model too.

Yeah but then you have to drive a Ford Focus.  Ewwwww!

We had a second hand Focus for almost three years. It served us well untl someone backed into it at a Co Op parking lot.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Quote BC is up to $5000

I read that electric car sales were soaring in the state of Georgia until they cancelled subsidies and then they dropped like a stone.

I'm not surprised. Any product that can't hold its own (after a VERY brief startup ,, maybe) cannot justify its existence .... Georgia proving that.

That goes for wind and sun power production also

Then there is the further evil of "taxpayer funding". I'm all for helping those who honestly need help, but 3 are on the dole when they don't qualify for dole

RW

Yeah I'm sure all of those lined up to get the new Tesla are just in it for the rebate.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Yes, and the "oh, there's many who want one. That proves the need." is a hokey / contrived, unjustified taxpayer pay out lie

as cc hits the slap-shift  on the TBird, downshifts a couple of gears. burns a pint of fuel and  writes her name in rubber on the road  :wink: ("wink" = kidding)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"

Quote BC is up to $5000

I'm not surprised. Any product that can't hold its own (after a VERY brief startup ,, maybe) cannot justify its existence .... Georgia proving that.

Then there is the further evil of "taxpayer funding". I'm all for helping those who honestly need help, but 3 are on the dole when they don't qualify for dole

I completely agree cc. The proof is in the pudding. Cancel all subsidies for electric cars and we'll see if supply still has a problem meeting demand.

In my province we have paid $37 billion more for electricity thanks to taxpayers creating an artificial market for wind and solar.

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Quote BC is up to $5000

I completely agree cc. The proof is in the pudding. Cancel all subsidies for electric cars and we'll see if supply still has a problem meeting demand.

In my province we have paid $37 billion more for electricity thanks to taxpayers creating an artificial market for wind and solar.

Worse, the subsidization doesn't stop there. The real and huge subsidization is yet to come.

The intention was to have a gazilion  such subsidized vehicles meaning that the entire power network would have to be upgraded at huge cost, thereby greatly increasing the cost of power ...  a cost payed for by the general population  .... and of course no extra charge for those who caused it

Anonymous

Quote BC is up to $5000

Worse, the subsidization doesn't stop there. The real and huge subsidization is yet to come.

The intention was to have a gazilion  such subsidized vehicles meaning that the entire power network would have to be upgraded at huge cost, thereby greatly increasing the cost of power ...  a cost payed for by the general population  .... and of course no extra charge for those who caused it

And it will make no difference to the reason why we are deliberately making Westerners poorer---climate change.

Anonymous

Quote BC is up to $5000

A worldwide switch to electric vehicles will inevitably mean using more coal.