Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

10 Facts on Farts

Started by keeper, April 08, 2016, 07:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

1. Certain Foods Cause Farts to Smell

Specific foods like meat or eggs are known to increase the odor in gas due to the high levels of sulfur that they contain.

2. Farts are Flammable

Farts have the capability of lighting a flame, which will turn the flame blue if you actually try it.

3. The Sound of Farts is Determined By Muscles and Speed

Each fart often has a different sound if it's not let out slowly, which is mainly due to muscles and the speed at which it's released.

4. You'll Release 17 Quadrillion Farts in Your Lifetime

The average person releases gas 14 times per day, which equates to 17 quadrillion farts in a lifetime.

5. You'll Fart After You Die

Deceased individuals are even known to fart up to three hours after their death from gas that continues to escape the digestive tract

6. 99 Percent of Gas is Odorless

Although passing gas creates a bad smell, only one percent of the gas is what causes the odor due to sulfur in the body.

7. Women Fart Just as Much as Men

Men may be prone to rip several farts throughout the day, but women are just as gassy and release the same amount as the opposite gender.

8. Too Much Farting Can Be Due to a Lactose Intolerance

If you seem to fart multiple times each hour, it may be due to a lactose intolerance due to an inability to digest dairy and certain nutrients.

9. A Liter of Gas is Passed in Two Days

Gas is continuously being released from the body with an average of a liter passed every two days.

10. Gas Travels at 10 Feet Per Second

There's a reason why you may smell a funky odor in the room even if someone is sitting on the other side. Gas travels at 10 feet per second for a smell that makes its presence known.

:2r4ml1j_th:  :yuk:  :beurk:

Enjoy your weekend :tease:

RW

Keeper is definitely lactose intolerant.

/runs

:laugh3:
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

ac_razz

"7. Women Fart Just as Much as Men"     <-------  ac_razz

Anonymous

Good to know keeper. Most people must be lactose intolerant these days.

Renee

Seriously people?

This thread stinks.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

Dont Fart Around in my thread  :icon_wink:

Annie

Haha, you forgot the fun side of farts...you can gas people in a full elevator or on a bus. Not to mention hot boxing someone by either running into their room/office, farting, closing the door on them or hot box your mate under the covers. I like to hug hubby or one of my kids and fart but keep hugging them making them smell it for as long as possible hehehe.  :roll:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

ELPHUPPHY

An oldie but a goodie.....

">https://youtu.be/AVrAsiFUf9w

Annie

I saw that on Jackass. Omg that was sooo friggin gross. Why the hell would anyone do that?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"An oldie but a goodie.....

">https://youtu.be/AVrAsiFUf9w
wth?

Annie

Holy crap!  My old male kitty just let one of the nastiest heavy farts I've never imagined that could possibly come from such  a small hole. He sleeps on a kitty pillow to the right of my head every night. So when he lets one rip it's sure to enter both nose And my mouth. Wth? How did he learn how to hotbox me?

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I saw that on Jackass. Omg that was sooo friggin gross. Why the hell would anyone do that?

If you've ever wasted time watching Jackass, you wouldn't ask. To say they employ juvenile humor is giving them too much credit, imo.

RW

I met Johnny Knoxvile in a bar.  He grabbed my hand and I told him I loved him.

DOH!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie