Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

shin

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

To me Starbucks Coffee tastes like ass and it gives me the caffeine shakes.

Given a choice I'll drink Dunkin Donuts coffee or even the coffee at McDonald's before anything from Starsucks.

Anything sold in a Dunkin Donuts is not meant for human consumption in my opinion. Mickey D's is improving, I will admit that. Gas station coffee for the most part is just coloured hot water.

Actually a few years ago Consumer Reports ran a taste and McDonald's beat out Starsucks and Dunkin Donuts came in second. In fact they said Starbucks tastes every bit as bad and burnt as I think it does.

I agree with Bro... nothing Dunkin' Donuts sells isn't artificial and chemical laden.

I had coffee from McDonald's yesterday, actually. I usually get the normal brewed stufff, but I decided to get an iced caramel lette type drink instead... big mistake! It tasted a lot like it was made with instant Folgers.

People go to Starbucks for strong coffee and specialty drinks with coffee that you can't taste over the sugar. I don't know anyone who cares about taking pictures of their drinks here because we have dozens of them in the city.

Renee

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Renee"There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

Given a choice I'll drink Dunkin Donuts coffee or even the coffee at McDonald's before anything from Starsucks.

Anything sold in a Dunkin Donuts is not meant for human consumption in my opinion. Mickey D's is improving, I will admit that. Gas station coffee for the most part is just coloured hot water.

Actually a few years ago Consumer Reports ran a taste and McDonald's beat out Starsucks and Dunkin Donuts came in second. In fact they said Starbucks tastes every bit as bad and burnt as I think it does.

I agree with Bro... nothing Dunkin' Donuts sells isn't artificial and chemical laden.

I had coffee from McDonald's yesterday, actually. I usually get the normal brewed stufff, but I decided to get an iced caramel lette type drink instead... big mistake! It tasted a lot like it was made with instant Folgers.

People go to Starbucks for strong coffee and specialty drinks with coffee that you can't taste over the sugar. I don't know anyone who cares about taking pictures of their drinks here because we have dozens of them in the city.

There is a difference between strong coffee and BURNT coffee. Starbucks doesn't know the difference just like the majority of their pin-headed millennial patrons.

Buy the beans from Dunkin Donuts and grind them yourself. They make a very even, smooth, cup of coffee.

BTW, the reason people drink those sugar and syrup fill drinks at Starbuck's is because the coffee tastes like burnt ass. If you don't mask the taste of that roofing tar crap you can't drink it. For the kind of money Starbuck's charges, the shit they serve should taste like liquid gold and not like cat piss poured out of an ashtray.

IMHO, the least of the issues with any Starbuck's product is the amount of ice they stick in their fagachinos.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Since everyone has different tastebuds, I would not put much stock in that..

Some people like strong coffee, some like weak coffee and some like dark and some like medium roasts..

If someone has a different opinion than the majority they don't care about taste tests Consumer Reports conducted.

Bullshit, taste is taste. It either taste like good coffee or it doesn't. I would argue that nobody really likes dishwater coffee and the majority of people don't like very strong burnt tasting coffee either.

I would even go so far to say about half the people or more who frequent Starbucks don't really like the coffee....they just like being seen with a cup that has the Starbucks logo on it.

That's an opinion Renee..

My husband likes their dark roast along with Second Cup better than Tim Hortons.

Renee

Since everyone has different tastebuds, I would not put much stock in that..

Some people like strong coffee, some like weak coffee and some like dark and some like medium roasts..

If someone has a different opinion than the majority they don't care about taste tests Consumer Reports conducted.

Bullshit, taste is taste. It either taste like good coffee or it doesn't. I would argue that nobody really likes dishwater coffee and the majority of people don't like very strong burnt tasting coffee either.

I would even go so far to say about half the people or more who frequent Starbucks don't really like the coffee....they just like being seen with a cup that has the Starbucks logo on it.

That's an opinion Renee..

My husband likes their dark roast along with Second Cup better than Tim Hortons.

I hate to break the news to you people but Starbucks Coffee is crap. They claim to use Arabica beans exclusively but judging but the caffeine level their coffee has, I have my doubts.

Coffee comes in two varieties, Arabica and Robusta. Robusta beans are less expensive, taste shitty and are much higher in caffeine. They are also darker in color. The reason Starbucks Coffee tastes burnt is because it is. They use a mixture of Arabica and Robusta and roast the beans until they are black or very dark brown.....why.....because burnt beans all taste the same....burnt. When you dark roast coffee beans to the point that Starbucks does you lose all the subtle coffee flavors that good cup of coffee is supposed to have, no matter what kind of beans you use. You are left with nothing but nasty burnt tasting coffee which many people describe as ashy.

I know people's tastes vary but you will never be able to convince me that more than a handful of coffee drinkers enjoy ashy tasting coffee.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

My husband is Dutch and he likes strong coffee..

He prefers Starbucks dark roast over it's competitors..

I have co workers that prefer it too..

We get take ten from Tim Hortons in the office though because Starbucks doesn't have anything like that.

Anonymous

I like my caffeine in the morning and Starbucks gives me my fix.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"My husband is Dutch and he likes strong coffee..

We get take ten from Tim Hortons in the office though because Starbucks doesn't have anything like that.

Again, there is a huge difference between "strong" and "burnt" coffee. Any coffee can be made strong simply by increasing the ratio of coffee to water.

Anonymous

Again, there is a huge difference between "strong" and "burnt" coffee. Any coffee can be made strong simply by increasing the ratio of coffee to water.

Okay,  will tell my husbad and my co workers they are wrong for liking Starbucks coffee.

:laugh:

Renee

Okay,  will tell my husbad and my co workers they are wrong for liking Starbucks coffee.

:laugh:

Tell them whatever you like. It's not going to change the fact that Starbucks roasts their beans until they are just shy of going up in flames. :laugh3:

Anonymous

A read a taste test of Canadians in the Globe and Mail and the reviews of Tim Horton's, Starbucks, Wendy's and McDonald's were all unfavourable..

But they all have their regulars who swear by their coffees..

Sour, uncleaned coffee makers, weak, were some of the things said about Starbucks competitors..

People's tastebuds vary on coffee..

You would probably not like the coffee in Asia.

Anonymous

You can only get a so so cup of coffee within a hundred kms of my farm. The best coffee is what we make at home. Probably pales in comparison though to what ceec and her old man make in their espresso machine.

RW

It's a known fact Starbucks beans are bottom of the barrel.

I also find their coffee to be the shits.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

We have bought bold espresso roast and Sulawesi bold for the house that were pretty good. But no better than Nabob espresso or West Coast dark.

Renee

A coffee that has always been a favorite of mine is Gevalia. Their traditional and medium dark roast is very smooth, which in my opinion is paramount when you don't use sweeteners or if you like it black. I order it in K-cup form and take it to work with me. To me it's head and shoulders above, any other brand or chain store offering I've tried.

Anonymous

Some cheaper brands have gotten better too..

I am not much of a coffee drinker, but my husband doesn't mind Edwards which 10 years ago he considered undrinkable.