Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Mass shootings are nothing new...

Started by smell the glove, June 16, 2016, 04:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Again Fash, this latest shooter got his gun legally.  If you consider all mass shootings acts of terrorism (rather than just the ones carried out by Muslims), the vast majority of them use weapons gained legally.  If guns weren't available legally, mass shootings, by sheer statistical reasoning, would decrease.  They did in Australia.

So I'm a bit confused how one can claim they wouldn't decrease given the evidence to the contrary.

So, if he bought his gun illegally just like the different Paris shootings, you would see the problem is Muslims not guns correct?

Australia has not opened the spiggot to uncontrolled Muslim migration like Europe has. That is the thing you and Rohammad conveniently leave out. Evidence shows no Muslims is the only proven way of stopping Islamic terror.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The Czech Republic has less restrictive gun laws than the US, but when there are gun crimes it usually committed by unlicensed owners. More importantly, the Czech Republic has not opened the flood gates to Muslims like France and Belgium have and the result has been no mass attacks like those two countries have had. :t2502:  Their president said it is impossible to integrate Muslims into Europe and the attacks in Western Europe prove he's right.

The only way to stop Islamic terror is to ban Muslims not guns.

You nailed it again brother. Strict gun laws in the West, but Muslim terror attacks. Liberal gun ownership laws in the Czech Republic, but few Muslims. Gee, which works better banning Muslims or guns? ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The Czech Republic has less restrictive gun laws than the US, but when there are gun crimes it usually committed by unlicensed owners. More importantly, the Czech Republic has not opened the flood gates to Muslims like France and Belgium have and the result has been no mass attacks like those two countries have had. :t2502:  Their president said it is impossible to integrate Muslims into Europe and the attacks in Western Europe prove he's right.

We have a more open policy on Muslims and stricter gun laws and few mass shootings and terrorist attacks.

Explain that one Herman's Einstein.

We do not have strict gun laws, what are you talking about. I have a criminal record and I had lots of legal firepower at one time.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

You nailed it again brother. Strict gun laws in the West, but Muslim terror attacks. Liberal gun ownership laws in the Czech Republic, but few Muslims. Gee, which works better banning Muslims or guns? ac_toofunny

Hey Herman, 3.2% of our population here in Canada are Muslims.  (The US only has 1% of its population subscribing to Islam.)  

Why don't we have tons of deaths by Muslims?

The Czech Republic has like 0.3% of its population are Muslim yet has more gun deaths than Canada.  Shouldn't it be the other way around if it's all about the big bad Muzzies?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

We have a more open policy on Muslims and stricter gun laws and few mass shootings and terrorist attacks.

We do not have strict gun laws, what are you talking about. I have a criminal record and I had lots of legal firepower at one time.

Really?  We have much stricter gun laws than the US, including checks and balances.  There are many restrictions on firearms in Canada.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Renee was right, if there had been a check that he was being watched by the FBI and on a no fly list, he would not have been able to purchase his weapons..

But, I am not convinced that would have stopped the tragedy though if the authorities had done that..

He was pretty determined to kill people, so I doubt he would have let legalities get in his way.

Anonymous

Really?  We have much stricter gun laws than the US, including checks and balances.  There are many restrictions on firearms in Canada.

Other than the lame one day PAL safety course, it is very easy to buy legal guns in this country. In fact, you can get a weapon in about the same time as when I lived in Pennsylvania.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"Renee was right, if there had been a check that he was being watched by the FBI and on a no fly list, he would not have been able to purchase his weapons..

But, I am not convinced that would have stopped the tragedy though if the authorities had done that..

He was pretty determined to kill people, so I doubt he would have let legalities get in his way.

You can say that but you don't know that for certain Fash.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Other than the lame one day PAL safety course, it is very easy to buy legal guns in this country. In fact, you can get a weapon in about the same time as when I lived in Pennsylvania.

Buying a gun is one part.  There's the type of gun.  How many bullets it can hold.  How it's transported and stored.  Etc.  All of these things make up gun control.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Renee was right, if there had been a check that he was being watched by the FBI and on a no fly list, he would not have been able to purchase his weapons..

You can say that but you don't know that for certain Fash.

I know I don't know..

None of us know what lengths the shooter might have went through to carry out his attack..

I am just saying he seemed determined, so even if the checks caught he was on the no fly list, my personal feeling is he would not let that stop him..

But, he is dead now and we will never get a chance to question him and find out for sure.

RW

He could have just got one at a gun show or private sale.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"He could have just got one at a gun show or private sale.

He could have bought one almost anywhere legal or not..

We don't know his reasons and never will.

Anonymous

QuoteBuying a gun is one part.  There's the type of gun.  How many bullets it can hold.  How it's transported and stored.  Etc.  All of these things make up gun control.

US states have laws like that too. But, in all the years I owned some wicked firepower, nobody ever checked that I was storing my firearms in a prescribed way. It's unenforceable.

RW

QuoteBuying a gun is one part.  There's the type of gun.  How many bullets it can hold.  How it's transported and stored.  Etc.  All of these things make up gun control.

US states have laws like that too. But, in all the years I owned some wicked firepower, nobody ever checked that I was storing my firearms in a prescribed way. It's unenforceable.

Explain what you've owned as "wicked fire power" and where you got it please.  Did you have to register it?  Did it hold clips capable of mowing down and injuring 100 people at a time?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Hey Herman, 3.2% of our population here in Canada are Muslims.  (The US only has 1% of its population subscribing to Islam.)  

Why don't we have tons of deaths by Muslims?

The Czech Republic has like 0.3% of its population are Muslim yet has more gun deaths than Canada.  Shouldn't it be the other way around if it's all about the big bad Muzzies?

About Czech gun deaths from wikipedia.

It is generally not common for licensed gun owners to commit violent crimes with their guns, and most of the gun crimes are committed with illegal weapons that are beyond the control of the law.[115] The number of murders committed with legally owned guns reached its peak in 2000, when 20 people were murdered. There were 16 murders committed with legally owned guns in 2003, 17 in 2007 and 2 in 2010. The majority of them are committed during family quarrels, with only a minimum being premeditated.[56]

As for the US, go to Dearborn if you want to see how well Muslims have integrated.