The best topic

Replies: 10372
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:06:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

TITLE EDIT - Turkey is Now Cooked .... and Ready for Fundy Dinner

Started by cc, July 15, 2016, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I suppose the only good thing is that with Turkey remaining on its fundy rise, they will not make the cut for the EU ... then, the EU may not be around long enough even if he was booted
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

This was a poorly executed coup. I watched a travel show last year about Turkey. It touched on Turkey departing from it's anti Islamist past. This failed coup will result in taking Turkey back to the past and at a speedier pace.

Anonymous

It's too bad, Turkey was a great place to visit. Particularly before Erdogan started on a path of an Islamic society incrementally.

cc

Quote from: "RW"He's apparently very popular with the people.

Came across this on CNN

Society is widely polarized between people who love or loathe Erdogan, says CNN's Ivan Watson.

Supporters argue that Erdogan is the first Turkish leader to put the military in its place beneath the elected civilian leadership.

However, he adds, that security services routinely use force to crush attempts at public protests against the government. Human rights groups constantly criticize the government for the arrest of critical journalists.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/world/live-blog-turkey/index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/world/liv ... index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/world/live-blog-turkey/index.html

and

It's the latest worrying example of deteriorating stability in a country that a few years ago was being promoted to the wider Muslim world as a model of democratic governance and economic prosperity.

one person's opinion. I would agree with it

RW

Quote from: "Herman"It's too bad, Turkey was a great place to visit. Particularly before Erdogan started on a path of an Islamic society incrementally.

My brother was there last year.  Said it was a great place.  My uncle visits several times a year and loves the place.

Erdogan had been in power since 2003 so when exactly did it go to shit?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

slowly starting then without a majority in the house  and steadily progressed fundy

A few years ago his Islamist party won by a large margin and it picked up speed greatly

oops - you were asking Herm

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"It's too bad, Turkey was a great place to visit. Particularly before Erdogan started on a path of an Islamic society incrementally.

I know someone who became one of the leading fashion models in Turkey.

She appeared on the front cover of the Turkish edition of Vogue Magazine.

I hope she's OK if she still there. However with the mess that place is in she may have gotten the hell out of there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"slowly starting then without a majority in the house  and steadily progressed fundy

A few years ago his Islamist party won by a large margin and it picked up speed

Erdogan was elected democratically,but he has displayed a Putinesque centralization of power. Taking over the airwaves, crackdowns on Facebook and Twitter. Then theere is the creeping Islamism. I suspect this will not be the last attempt of either the office he holds or his life.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"slowly starting then without a majority in the house  and steadily progressed fundy

A few years ago his Islamist party won by a large margin and it picked up speed greatly

So it seemed it was still a decent place last year.  When exactly is it going to shit?

I should note my brother and his wife lived in Yemen for almost a year prior to the Iraq war.  And I mean in society, learning the language and living with the people.  He wasn't in some work camp or there on work.  He knows what it means to live in an Islamic society with Muslims.  He described Turkey far differently than Yemen.

Just sayin'.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

So it seemed it was still a decent place last year.  When exactly is it going to shit?

I should note my brother and his wife lived in Yemen for almost a year prior to the Iraq war.  And I mean in society, learning the language and living with the people.  He wasn't in some work camp or there on work.  He knows what it means to live in an Islamic society with Muslims.  He described Turkey far differently than Yemen.

Just sayin'.

:2r4ml1j_th:

cc

Seems your entire family is very comfortable with the ways of islam

Just sayin

Edit ... lol ... you slipped that one in on me IH

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Seems your family is very comfortable with the ways of islam

Just sayin

Is that what you took from that?  HAHAHA

My family has had experiences in Muslim countries.  My brother lived in Yemen.  My uncle was a soldier in the army and was in Afghanistan for years.  He worked with many Muslims in his time there and fought many Islamists.  He can tell the difference.  Seems others have a lot of trouble, wouldn't you say cc?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

People do not go places they are not comfortable in

Not sure what would be funny about that

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Maybe some do, but I sure don't

So are Muslims (not fundies) good, decent people who don't deserve to be shit on constantly over the actions of terrorists?
Beware of Gaslighters!