The best topic

Replies: 10368
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:29:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Phrases that don't translate so well from your language of choice

Started by shin, July 25, 2016, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"The jousting and swordfighting are exciting to watch, and like Renee said... lots of big tittied women wearing skimpy dresses with no bras. I've been twice, but haven't seen any fallout, though.

The Bristol Renaissance Fair usually stops by here just north of the border, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

That's a good reason for me to go to one.

:001_rolleyes:

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"To my knowledge RPFS has been sold twice since the Patterson's owned it. Both of the Patterson's are dead.

The very first Faire was held near a small community called Santa Venitia in Marin Co. Another black oak forest. It now a motor cycle park. It was always adult like rowdiness. Really miss the Faire. The site in Black Point now is covered with lux homes. Good times

Renee

Quote from: "shin"The jousting and swordfighting are exciting to watch, and like Renee said... lots of big tittied women wearing skimpy dresses with no bras. I've been twice, but haven't seen any fallout, though.

The Bristol Renaissance Fair usually stops by here just north of the border, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

Bristol is one of the faires on my list to see. It's the third largest Faire in the US and it usually makes the 10 best faires every year in Renn Faire Magazine as well as the Travel channel.

Besides NYRF I've been to a lot of Faires on the East Coast (Maryland, PA., NC, and Florida to name the bigger ones). They all have their pluses and minuses. They're all similar but they all have a unique character about them. The only one I kinda didn't like was Florida. It was well produced and laid out but there is just something off-putting about palm trees and alligators in a 16th century English village.  :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Bristol is one of the faires on my list to see. It's the third largest Faire in the US and it usually makes the 10 best faires every year in Renn Faire Magazine as well as the Travel channel.

Besides NYRF I've been to a lot of Faires on the East Coast (Maryland, PA., NC, and Florida to name the bigger ones). They all have their pluses and minuses. They're all similar but they all have a unique character about them. The only one I kinda didn't like was Florida. It was well produced and laid out but there is just something off-putting about palm trees and alligators in a 16th century English village.  :laugh3:

You take this seriously Renee..

Annie likes her costume get meet ups, but I think they are all in Vancouver.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

For me I think it's mostly professional curiosity. I like to see how the different faires do things....the quality of the acting....character development....how they handle interaction with the crowds, etc.

They're also great venues if you are into photography like I once was. The color, the action and just the unique sights make for some really cool pics. I had planned to pick up a new 50x200 lens this year and hit NY, PA, and possibly Maryland but ACL surgery put a damper on that.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

For me I think it's mostly professional curiosity. I like to see how the different faires do things....the quality of the acting....character development....how they handle interaction with the crowds, etc.

They're also great venues if you are into photography like I once was. The color, the action and just the unique sights make for some really cool pics. I had planned to pick up a new 50x200 lens this year and hit NY, PA, and possibly Maryland but knee surgery put a damper on that.

That reminds me, how is your recovery coming along?

How long did your doctor say it would take before you have full mobility again?

Renee

They're also great venues if you are into photography like I once was. The color, the action and just the unique sights make for some really cool pics. I had planned to pick up a new 50x200 lens this year and hit NY, PA, and possibly Maryland but knee surgery put a damper on that.

4 to 6 months depending on how well physical therapy goes. I have a tendency to push myself too hard (I'm very impatient when it comes to me :laugh3:) I have to be careful not to do that as it will affect the recovery time.

Anonymous

4 to 6 months depending on how well physical therapy goes. I have a tendency to push myself too hard (I'm very impatient when it comes to me :laugh3:) I have to be careful not to do that as it will affect the recovery time.

How are you getting around right now?

Using canes or a scooter?

Renee

Crutches and it sucks.  :laugh3:

I should be able to start putting some more weight on the knee this coming week. Hopefully soon I will be able to use an orthopedic cane and ditch the crutches.

I'd rather crawl than be seen on a scooter.

Anonymous

Crutches and it sucks.  :laugh3:

I should be able to start putting some more weight on the knee this coming week. Hopefully soon I will be able to use an orthopedic cane and ditch the crutches.

I'd rather crawl than be seen on a scooter.

:laugh:

Rambo Wong

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Fashionista is macho cooling.

:001_rolleyes: