Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Scientology

Started by RW, December 09, 2016, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Herman"Scientology is a scam. Why the hell is it in Extremism with the likes of Islam, communism, or fascism?

Because it's extremism and considering I created this subforum, I think I'm a pretty good authority on what should go in it.

This thread isn't about Islam, communism, or fascism and given you don't know how to bleat on about anything else, I don't expect you'll have much to say in this thread.  I do encourage you to pop back in and read so you can actually learn something.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Scientology gets away with what they do, since they are generally on their best behaviour around non-members, and typically don't cause problems for those not associated with the cult...

They try to keep their abuses and bullshit as private as possible, much like the Mormons but to a much more sinister degree.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Oberon"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Oberon"There are a few other doco-movies that explore this dangerous and insidious cult.

What stands out is how they seem to harass, monitor and torment their apostates with NO response from the Government.

If they behaved that way in OZ, Europe or any other civilised country they would be shut down in a heartbeat.

It is a criminal organisation that is allowed its excesses by what seems to be a compliant government.

A good look at this bunch of clowns is Louis Therouxs latest movie. Those poor scientologists (non capitalised by intent) did not know what they were dealing with when they came up against Louis.

That was the disturbing part - there is NOTHING these people can do about this harassment because they toe legal lines, plus they have enough money to tie people up in litigation for ages.

You are exactly right when you say they torment their apostates with impunity and this isn't happening in some third world shit hole.  This is happening in America.  WTF?

I'm going to have to check out that movie.

Most modern countries have anti-harassment laws. These include restraining orders that are NOT just for angry husbands.

It seems in the show that reporting it to the police has had no results.

None whatsoever. The cops (as shown in Louis' Theroux's movie), are either scared or apathetic.

Louis didn't take their shit, like a true Brit.

RW

Is his movie out yet or still in progress?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "RW"They try to keep their abuses and bullshit as private as possible, much like the Mormons but to a much more sinister degree.

When I beat my ex wife, I encouraged her to keep silent also.

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Is his movie out yet or still in progress?

Been out for months in the developed world.

Canada...I don't know.

RW

Canada...I don't know.

Excellent!  I'll find it then.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Canada...I don't know.

They did a theatrical release in the U.K. but it's not due out here until March 3rd.  Did it come out in Australia as well?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Yes.

Been and gone.

Its on cable now.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Where do scientologists meet?

Do they have an equivalent of a Sabbath?

Do they have temples, churches, synagogues..

I apologize for my ignorance, but I've never met a scientologist.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"Where do scientologists meet?

Do they have an equivalent of a Sabbath?

Do they have temples, churches, synagogues..

I apologize for my ignorance, but I've never met a scientologist.

They have Sunday service at their churches.  They also have a bunch of centres and what I liken to compounds.  They focus a lot on education because Scientology is a brainwashed version of self help.

Ask away :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Scientologists would stop people in the street and canvas them for their level of personal happiness.

Since many of them were assaulted by people who resented being confronted in that manner, I believe they've  modified their technique. I also believe their influence in other nations is waning.

RW

According to a woman who used to be in Scientology in the SEA Org., they force you to have abortions if you get pregnant.  She personally knew of 50 other women they coerced into terminating their pregnancies.  Nothing can get in the way of doing church work.

Every single person who "escaped" from Scientology was cut off from their families who remained in the church.  And people literally have to escape - like hop fences and run away.

Law enforcement won't do anything as they are protected by religious freedom.

http://caic.org.au/psyther/sci/abortion.htm">http://caic.org.au/psyther/sci/abortion.htm
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Scientology is just organised crime posing as a cult religion.

With a little luck, they will be the fracture point at which ALL religions are removed from government protection.

After all, even the Catholic Church has been exposed as corrupt.