Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Go home haters

Started by RW, August 26, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc"Asia. I suspect maybe you meant, as I did ... "selective"  ignoring ... used only for hard core cases of "no-listen, not even get message, then reply as though you said nothing"??

Don't worry cc.  I know what you meant with your veiled criticism.

Wooooooo... :laugh:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Well, you have an audience now, don't you? I think right now there are 3 posters in this conversation with you, aren't there?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Well, you have an audience now, don't you? I think right now there are 3 posters in this conversation with you, aren't there?

Im glad to have it too!  That said, I am well aware of what people think of me but what I really like is hearing opinions.  I actually learn a lot so thank you for engaging with me. :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Good.

Frankly, it would be boring if we all agreed all the time. It is stimulating to have discussions between folks with varying perspectives. I prefer debating though without name calling. That's my shtick. Otherwise, we might as well just be cunning linguists and masterdebaters. Hahaha!

When I find myself in a debate where people are name calling, it feels like I'm in the streets engaging with vagabonds. That was my first impression when I found myself in DV when I first discovered it that fateful day in 2008.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Good.

Frankly, it would be boring if we all agreed all the time. It is stimulating to have discussions between folks with varying perspectives. I prefer debating though without name calling. That's my shtick. Otherwise, we might as well just be cunning linguists and masterdebaters. Hahaha!

When I find myself in a debate where people are name calling, it feels like I'm in the streets engaging with vagabonds. That was my first impression when I found myself in DV when I first discovered it that fateful day in 2008.

I try to match the other person's style or tactics.  It has varying degrees of success.  I'm working on my need to "show" people their own behaviours.  I don't know if it's because I wanted to be a teacher in my previous life or if I'm just a petty asshole :D

I miss DV.  I think I miss the old versions of us that weren't beaten up as much by life. :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

RW

Quote from: "Harry"
">
I love this!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Good.

I would prefer to  attack a position and not the person too. But, when neither side will give an inch, it's almost inevitable.