Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Go home haters

Started by RW, August 26, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Chomsky goes far beyond memes on this issue and I can't agree more.  AntiFa is a gift to the right and robs the left of an opportunity for civil discourse.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/noam-chomsky-antifa-major-gift-right-wing-anti-fascist-alt-left-a7906406.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 06406.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/noam-chomsky-antifa-major-gift-right-wing-anti-fascist-alt-left-a7906406.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

Agreed on the meme xcept Anon

@realAzhyaAryola

The left and civil discourse don't go together, from what we see today.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"The left and civil discourse don't go together, from what we see today.

I disagree :)

And AntiFa is NOT the left.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wazzzup

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have no absolutely no time for the politics of some..

Particularly, the pro choice(pro death) crowd..

Their views are much more vile in my opinion than alt righters..

But, there's no way I want them to go home, or would I endorse violence against them..

I accept this is a pluralistic society.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c83b8fa7832b4056a98cb432f410783d/tumblr_ng3sg68Y3g1rogoo3o1_1280.jpg">

I love it how you righties turn to lefties for quotes to support your own intolerance.  It's fucking hilarious!

Intolerance :confused1:  The only intolerance I have shown is intolerance for your totalitarian views on free speech.

That quote above is from an old school liberal that believed in free speech not the sad totalitarian leftist imitations out there now.   There is great wisdom in that quote, no matter what side of things you are on.  The fact that you dont see it, speaks loudly and clearly as to what you are about.

Heres another famous quote, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

the modern leftist RW version,  "I disapprove of what you say, and I will try to shut you up any way I can."

You and the modern left  are free speech destroying totalitarians.

I've admired the work of Chomsky for years.  I'm glad you finally saw it to enjoy him yourself, even if it's self serving.

I support free speech with justifiable limits like the ones we have now against slander, coercion, harassment, etc.  You don't?  You think people should be able to use speech that harms others?

For shame!

Strawman argument and a giant fail, typical :001_rolleyes:

the difference is--You support calling certain speech "hate speech" and punishing it. hate speech can't even be defiined.  What if Fashionista wasn't as tolerant of different views as she is, and said any pro abortion speech is "hate speech"  lets ban it?  Would you agree to that?  

Dance around all you want, but I see whats happening--yours and the lefts goal-- declare all sorts of speech YOU DON'T LIKE "hate speech" most of which isn't, so you can take away dissent.    

Even Chomsky makes you and the modern left look like nutty authoritarian extremists by comparison, you'd think that would bring you to your senses, but you just keep going and going like the energizer bunny of totalitarianism that you are.

RW

Chomsky is a leftist, not an extreme, fringe progressive idiot that you seem to like calling a leftie.   ac_boring

Hate speech is legally defined in my country and an existing law (since the 70s).  Sure I talk about the law as it currently exists.

Hate propaganda (speech) is legally defined as follows:
Quote from: "Criminal Code of Canada"
318 (1) Every one who advocates or promotes genocide is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

(2) In this section, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy in whole or in part any identifiable group, namely,

(a) killing members of the group; or

(b) deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction.

In this section, identifiable group means any section of the public distinguished by colour, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or mental or physical disability.

Public incitement of hatred

319 (1) Every one who, by communicating statements in any public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of

Wilful promotion of hatred

(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of

(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence under subsection (2)

(a) if he establishes that the statements communicated were true;

(b) if, in good faith, the person expressed or attempted to establish by an argument an opinion on a religious subject or an opinion based on a belief in a religious text;

(c) if the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, the discussion of which was for the public benefit, and if on reasonable grounds he believed them to be true; or

(d) if, in good faith, he intended to point out, for the purpose of removal, matters producing or tending to produce feelings of hatred toward an identifiable group in Canada

What do you feel in the above law poses a threat to your opinions or freedoms?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"The left and civil discourse don't go together, from what we see today.

I disagree. I don't see the left wanting any discourse at all.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

The left isn't usually the one who backs down from discourse.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Usually being the key word. Times have changed.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Usually being the key word. Times have changed.

Yeah....

Not really.

You can even see it on this board Azh.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wazzzup

I don't know how it is in canada, but in the US the left almost never makes arguments for their side anymore at all.  All they try to do is shut people up, (often with violence), and then yell racism at them for everything else.

Whats the left's answer for illegal immigration? yell racism at people

Whats the left's answer for making sure jihadists don't get in the country? yell Islamophobia at people

Whats the left's answer for Obamas doubling the US deficit?  yell-- you don't like Obama because he's black.

and so on and so on

I thinks that's why they are attacking speech everywhere you look.  they can't argue their side anymore, most don't even try.

@realAzhyaAryola

That is precisely what I mean. What discourse indeed? They don't even want discourse, as I already said.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

I don't know how it is in canada, but in the US the left almost never makes arguments for their side anymore at all.  All they try to do is shut people up, (often with violence), and then yell racism at them for everything else.

Whats the left's answer for illegal immigration? yell racism at people

Whats the left's answer for making sure jihadists don't get in the country? yell Islamophobia at people

Whats the left's answer for Obamas doubling the US deficit?  yell-- you don't like Obama because he's black.

and so on and so on

I thinks that's why they are attacking speech everywhere you look.  they can't argue their side anymore, most don't even try.

See you think fringe groups are lefties and they aren't.  Just like the KKK doesn't represent the right, AntiFa doesn't represent the left.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"That is precisely what I mean. What discourse indeed? They don't even want discourse, as I already said.

That's just biased political bullshit Azhya.  It cuts both ways.
Beware of Gaslighters!