Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Go home haters

Started by RW, August 26, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

According to you, RW, but I don't see it at all. It's not evident at all to me. Maybe back in the day. What's playing out for all of us to see now is not so.

I'll just follow Joel Osteen's practice of "ignoring the critics." The president should too. :thumbup:  ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"According to you, RW, but I don't see it at all. It's not evident at all to me. Maybe back in the day. What's playing out for all of us to see now is not so.

I'll just follow Joel Osteen's practice of "ignoring the critics." The president should too. :thumbup:  ac_biggrin

Exactly!  "Ignoring the critics" isn't an attitude conducive to dialogue or discourse.  

I see it even here on this board Azhya.  I watched it go down in the Politics and Supremacy subs.  People want to talk but the right controls the dialogue through inventing rules and using the mod panel to control discussions.  I can be called a "leftard" every single day but when I started saying "rightard" there suddenly was a rule about no insults.  It was not ever enforced on anyone else.  I am the only one who gets called out for being insulting despite being insulted every day.

That's really the problem - hypocrisy.  We all seem to want rules and restrictions but only for one side.  It doesn't work that way.  The sooner we wake up to that, the better we'll be.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Ignoring is a perfectly good method when you know you will not be heard anyway because your opponent is damn sure they are right. Ignoring is much better than reacting with violence. At least we're not trying to shut anyone down. Leftists will not hear the right because they are arrogant and behave like privileged brats when they believe that they are always right and they are the only ones that have society's best interest and anyone who oppose them must be squashed. Ignoring is the safest response. It shouldn't come as a surprise. No one wants to be shut down because every one has every reason to believe what they believe. If anyone must change their perspective, it can only happen naturally, not pushed down one's throat.

Let's face it. Some ranters want attention and they want a tumultuous outcome but ignoring their rants and not allowing their tumultuous outcome to materialize is often better than the alternative. How many times have I heard anyone tell me "just ignore it" when I was about to lash out at someone and I listened to them and I avoided trouble for doing so. Ignoring is practical.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

By ignoring people that's EXACTLY what you're doing - shutting them down.  Guess what happens then?  They get louder.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

QuoteIgnoring is a perfectly good method when you know you will not be heard anyway

Exactly, Asia.

It works 4 me
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

QuoteIgnoring is a perfectly good method when you know you will not be heard anyway

Exactly, Asia.

It sure works 4 me

RW

Quote from: "cc"

Exactly, Asia.

It sure works 4 me

Oh who the fuck do you think you're kidding?  :laugh3:
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

No. How can I be shutting you down when you are free to rant? Or do you mean that I am not saying, "Yes, you are right about that. You have changed me. I agree with you now. Let's go!" What qualifies as not being shut down? I'm not telling you to stop expressing yourself. You are free to do that.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Exactly, Asia.

It sure works 4 me

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Exactly, Asia.

It works 4 me

It works 4 me too. That's would I would if there was a demo in favour of Trudeau's open border policy for bogus refugees entering from the US here in Winnipeg.

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"No. How can I be shutting you down when you are free to rant? Or do you mean that I am not saying, "Yes, you are right about that. You have changed me. I agree with you now. Let's go!" What qualifies as not being shut down? I'm not telling you to stop expressing yourself. You are free to do that.

You aren't present in a conversation.  It's called stone walling.  Sure people can rant to themselves but removing the audience means people aren't being HEARD.  It's not about saying things, it's about being people listening.

When people aren't heard, they get frustrated.  That's true on both sides of the political coin and when people feel they aren't being heard, they get louder (and more violent).

I honestly can't believe that there's this attitude that you can't influence people.  I seek out differences in opinions for that purpose alone.  I want to understand which is why I generally don't ignore people, even shitty people or hypocrites or asshole.  You learn nothing in an echo chamber.

I'm not saying you should talk about what you don't want talk about but pretty it goes away if you ignore it doesn't work well with socio-political issues.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Asia. I suspect maybe you meant, as I did ... "selective"  ignoring ... used only for hard core cases of "no-listen, not even get message, then reply as though you said nothing"??

@realAzhyaAryola

Huh? cc you confuse me sometimes. Let me read it again...hahahahaha!
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "cc"Asia. I suspect maybe you meant, as I did ... "selective"  ignoring ... used only for hard core cases of "no-listen, not even get message, then reply as though you said nothing"??

Don't worry cc.  I know what you meant with your veiled criticism.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Huh? cc you confuse me sometimes. Let me read it again...hahahahaha!

Don't worry Az, it's just cc giving me a cheap shot likes she's wont to do.
Beware of Gaslighters!