The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

As Pot Prices Plunge, Growers Scramble To Cut Costs

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2017, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I hope all the profit is mass produced right out of marijuana production..

It's a crop we can do without.

It should be treated with the same standards and rules as any other medicine IMHO.

The same medicine that every young blue collar worker takes in a one hitter between breaks.

So if people use it for kicks we should lower the growing standards?

I don't want it produced period.

Anonymous

QuotePrices are tumbling as formerly illicit cultivators emerge from the shadows to invest millions of dollars in massive pot factories. In Colorado, the average price sought by wholesalers has fallen 48 percent to about $1,300 a pound since legal sales to all adults started in January 2014, according to Cannabase, operator of the state's largest market. Supply is surging as growers expand and install the latest agricultural technology.

No dividend from Cannabase. :laugh3:

shin

I figured that the mass legalization would lower prices eventually.

I used to toke years ago. I think I'm currently on the fence about whether it should be widely available.

I'm not anyone's Father, but I wouldn't suggest anyone under 18 use it, although I did. It can change the way you think permanently, and this can be a double edged sword for people who are still developing.

On the other hand, if there were more truthful education spread through mass media about it, fewer people would smoke tobacco and drink alcohol. I think marijuana is ultimately a safer option than these and other drugs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I figured that the mass legalization would lower prices eventually.

I used to toke years ago. I think I'm currently on the fence about whether it should be widely available.

I'm not anyone's Father, but I wouldn't suggest anyone under 18 use it, although I did. It can change the way you think permanently, and this can be a double edged sword for people who are still developing.

On the other hand, if there were more truthful education spread through mass media about it, fewer people would smoke tobacco and drink alcohol. I think marijuana is ultimately a safer option than these and other drugs.

I hope they both disappear too.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I hope all the profit is mass produced right out of marijuana production..

It's a crop we can do without.

It should be treated with the same standards and rules as any other medicine IMHO.

The same medicine that every young blue collar worker takes in a one hitter between breaks.

So if people use it for kicks we should lower the growing standards?

I don't want it produced period.

Why is that?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I figured that the mass legalization would lower prices eventually.

The government of Ontario had tobacco revenue alone in 2012-2013 of $1.15 billion. I cannot find figures for alcohol sin taxes.  I would like to see marijuana legalized and taxed too. I am a smoker and a drinker, but sin taxes make much more sense than taxing income. The problem with sin taxes is that if governments get too greedy it creates a contraband market as we have in Ontario with cigarettes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The government of Ontario had tobacco revenue alone in 2012-2013 of $1.15 billion. I cannot find figures for alcohol sin taxes.  I would like to see marijuana legalized and taxed too. I am a smoker and a drinker, but sin taxes make much more sense than taxing income. The problem with sin taxes is that if governments get too greedy it creates a contraband market as we have in Ontario with cigarettes.

I don't care Seoul, no mood altering substances.

RW

I don't care Seoul, no mood altering substances.

Would you deny those who use marijuana for legitimate health reasons the drug as well?
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Thee should be no chemical use.

These mass growers are going to fuck it up.

They know it will just create a market for "organic" and the prices should go back up.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Alcohol and tobacco do pay a lot of bills provincially and federally, no question about it.

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"

They know it will just create a market for "organic" and the prices should go back up.

It should be organic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wambo Rong

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Alcohol and tobacco do pay a lot of bills provincially and federally, no question about it.

I don't care iron horse jockey, they are both destroy people.

kiebers

It should be organic.

Today's organic or 75 years ago organic. They are different...LOL

Food items that are classified as "organic", to me, should be classified as "Chemical Free". Pot could be the same way. Marketing baby, Marketing.....LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

It should be organic.

Today's organic or 75 years ago organic. They are different...LOL

Food items that are classified as "organic", to me, should be classified as "Chemical Free". Pot could be the same way. Marketing baby, Marketing.....LOL

I don't care how it's marketed, it shouldn't have chemicals on it - period.
Beware of Gaslighters!