The best topic

Replies: 10483
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:40:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Flynn

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 42 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"I have finished Lord of the Rings for the third time! 6 books in 7 months. "I shall now diminish, and sail into the West". But at the same time, "I think Im quite ready for another adventure!" lol.

I will be bringing back a bunch of Louis L'amour books from my parents house very soon. Almost all his titles. Going to start on those when I get them back here. I have read all of them a couple of times. Damn technology has definitely kept me away from reading an actual book the last 20 years. My current eyesight could be a reason as well...LOL

top of page 124... ac_razz
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"I have finished Lord of the Rings for the third time! 6 books in 7 months. "I shall now diminish, and sail into the West". But at the same time, "I think Im quite ready for another adventure!" lol.

I will be bringing back a bunch of Louis L'amour books from my parents house very soon. Almost all his titles. Going to start on those when I get them back here. I have read all of them a couple of times. Damn technology has definitely kept me away from reading an actual book the last 20 years. My current eyesight could be a reason as well...LOL

top of page 124... ac_razz

Right on! Yeah I havent been a fan of the e-books, but the latest e-reader my brother showed me recently wasnt that bad to read. They have made improvements on them over the years. I still like a real book though.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

I haven't read a "book" in years. iPad for me.

Books have to be stored and kept somewhere...I can fit thousands on my iPad.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"I haven't read a "book" in years. iPad for me.

Books have to be stored and kept somewhere...I can fit thousands on my iPad.

What if we are hit with an EMP, and there goes all forms of entertainment for a few years. I will be glad I can read about Bilbo and the dragon, and Frodo and the ring. Hell any "event" that happens, those are going right in my backpack. I have a set of leather bound paperbacks, small enough to take with me.

Bricktop

I have LOTR in print.

And a few favourites.

But if I had to store ALL the books I read, we'd need a massive bookcase...and I HATE bookcases.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"I have LOTR in print.

And a few favourites.

But if I had to store ALL the books I read, we'd need a massive bookcase...and I HATE bookcases.

I gotcha man lol. I have a couple book cases lol. My great grandfather had an attic with shelving going all around it full of books. They were all westerns.

Bricktop

Never saw the point of reading a book, then sticking it in a shelf to collect dust. Read it, sell it, buy another one. Bookshelves and cases are tacky.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Never saw the point of reading a book, then sticking it in a shelf to collect dust. Read it, sell it, buy another one. Bookshelves and cases are tacky.

Also it shows ones interests. If someone were to look at it, they would get a peek at your personality to a degree and what you like. Plus some books are worthy of reading again  ac_smile

Bricktop

Which is another reason I hate the damn things. It's nobody's business but mine what I read. I once saw a copy of Mein Kampf in a guy's bookshelf, and he was hugely embarrassed until I told him it was cool. He can read whatever he wants. He wasn't a Scouse, just curious. But he realised that keeping books on public display could be damaging to his reputation.

But some like to display their intellect, and that's OK, too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Which is another reason I hate the damn things. It's nobody's business but mine what I read. I once saw a copy of Mein Kampf in a guy's bookshelf, and he was hugely embarrassed until I told him it was cool. He can read whatever he wants. He wasn't a Scouse, just curious. But he realised that keeping books on public display could be damaging to his reputation.

But some like to display their intellect, and that's OK, too.

I gotcha. Didnt mean it like displaying their intellect, just in general. My bookcases are always in my bedroom, so maybe thats why it dont matter to me much if its seen or not, but honestly it doesnt bother me when someone does look at my bookshelf. Its full of Stephen King mostly lol.

Bricktop

Hah!!!

That means you're a psychopath!!!

cc

Shush you - we are 10 minutes away from  reinvigorating ourselves  with  the latest episode of "Mr Mercedes"

hehehehehehehehehhehehehe
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Hah!!!

That means you're a psychopath!!!

:tease:

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Shush you - we are 10 minutes away from  reinvigorating ourselves  with  the latest episode of "Mr Mercedes"

Is that any good?

What's it about?

Are you a psychopath, too?

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "cc"Shush you - we are 10 minutes away from  reinvigorating ourselves  with  the latest episode of "Mr Mercedes"

Is that any good?

What's it about?

Are you a psychopath, too?

Yes, very!!!!!!!!!! .. exceptionally so

A really really really vicious  and clever psychopath (Stephen King story)

Yes, of course I am.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell