The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Drug addiction is a real problem in Vancouver, Canada

Started by JOE, April 28, 2017, 11:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

The drug addiction problem is pretty bad in Van...I hear its bad in Langely and Maple Ridge....my area, ive noticed a large increase in homelessness...its really sad....my area should not have bums...they live in the bush part of the trails...they bum for money anywhere, you be walking across the parking lot to your car and they come up to you pestering for money...if im alone I get into my car and immediately lock my doors...been a few times a guy has been following me and tried to rob me...they even try to open the car door after ive locked it...fuckin insane!  The lowermainland has turned to shit!  They need to address mental health and do something about it!  Provide affordable housing...do something about these addicts!!  Round them up and put them in a camp or something...they make such a mess...you walk down the street and she a single shoe or a sock...a random shirt....take a walk on the trail and see a stash of tvs or stereo equipment...BC is a poorly run province...the government is a massive fail...the public school system is collapsing....thx Christy!!  Not.

Bricktop

European carmakers are locking the doors for you after you start the engine. That has a rather sad tone to it.

Thiel

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"The drug addiction problem is pretty bad in Van...I hear its bad in Langely and Maple Ridge....my area, ive noticed a large increase in homelessness...its really sad....my area should not have bums...they live in the bush part of the trails...they bum for money anywhere, you be walking across the parking lot to your car and they come up to you pestering for money...if im alone I get into my car and immediately lock my doors...been a few times a guy has been following me and tried to rob me...they even try to open the car door after ive locked it...fuckin insane!  The lowermainland has turned to shit!  They need to address mental health and do something about it!  Provide affordable housing...do something about these addicts!!  Round them up and put them in a camp or something...they make such a mess...you walk down the street and she a single shoe or a sock...a random shirt....take a walk on the trail and see a stash of tvs or stereo equipment...BC is a poorly run province...the government is a massive fail...the public school system is collapsing....thx Christy!!  Not.

I beg to differ. BC is the best managed province in Canada right now. That bar is really low mind you.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "JOE"I was on the subway today listening to 2 30 something women and they described how they were on methadone trying to kick the habit of heroin. And they described it in great detail as other passengers listened.

In some parts off our city, over half of the population seems to be hooked on one substance or another.

Is the drug problem bad where you live? Or is Vancouver, Canada an exception?

Be interesting to hear your stories. In any event, drug addiction and the drug problem is bad here and getting worse

Since when did Vancouver have a subway?

They do. There's an underground station right next to where he parks his limo when he picks up flight crews. :laugh3:

Angry White Male

The more that OD, the less problem for society in general.

As bad as that sounds, there's not that much that can be done for hard-core junkies, contrary to the "hug everyone" crowd...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The more that OD, the less problem for society in general.

As bad as that sounds, there's not that much that can be done for hard-core junkies, contrary to the "hug everyone" crowd...

Oh I know. Few junkies can be salvaged.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"The more that OD, the less problem for society in general.

Oh I know. Few junkies can be salvaged.

Society should still try though..

It doesn't necessarily have to be paid for with public money though.