Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Soldiers of Odin

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

There was an anti Islam protest at Calgary city hall yesterday..

Member of the Soldiers of Odin were present.

Police made no arrests following a large demonstration by anti-Islam protesters — and a smaller group of counter-protesters — outside City Hall on Saturday afternoon.

Nearly 200 protesters professing "Canadian values" gathered on the plaza in front of the Calgary Municipal Building.

The demonstration was met by supporters of the Calgary Anti-Fascist Action.

While there were heated verbal exchanges between the sides, and some demonstrators carried what appeared to be stun baton-style devices, police reported no violence or property damage.

Around 25 police officers could also be seen at the demonstration. At one point the opposing sides nearly came face to face with each other, with police acting as the sole barrier between them.

Many demonstrators came to hear speaker Sandra Solomon, an anti-Islamification activist. However, there were a number of counter-protestors who wanted to voice support for Canada's refugee community.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/anti-islam-protest-met-by-counter-protest-at-calgary-city-hall/ar-BBBYun0?li=AAggNb9&ocid=UE12DHP#image=BBBYqCl%7C2">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/an ... =BBBYqCl|2">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/anti-islam-protest-met-by-counter-protest-at-calgary-city-hall/ar-BBBYun0?li=AAggNb9&ocid=UE12DHP#image=BBBYqCl|2

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBYxOi.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

Odinson

We have those..

They sell drugs.

Anonymous

I Canada, I believe they originated in Quebec.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I Canada, I believe they originated in Quebec.

Not according to Wiki

QuoteSoldiers of Odin established a group in Yukon, Canada, in 2016.[23]

Soldiers of Odin were seen patrolling the streets of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in July 2016. The group told the police that they were not "anti-immigration", and the police confirmed the group had not engaged in any criminal activity as of September 2016. The Edmonton police did say that "If they are the Soldiers of Odin like they are in Europe, we are going to be very concerned".[24]

A Soldiers of Odin group began patrols in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in September 2016 but claimed to be independent and not affiliated with racist and biker groups.[25]

A chapter also appeared in Winnipeg, Manitoba in the fall of 2016, though they also claimed to be unaffiliated with the European groups.[26] The national chapter is based out of nearby Gimli, Manitoba.[26] An educator at MacEwan University counters their claims of non-hate stating "Why name yourself after that group, then, if you don't want to be associated with that ideology? If you truly are interested in community safety, community patrols, there's more than enough volunteer organizations that could have been joined."[26]

On March 26, Soldiers of Odin members clashed with protesters and police at an anti-racism rally in New Westminster, British Columbia. Several were led away in handcuffs after fights broke out.[citation needed]

Joel Angot, the president of Soldiers of Odin Canada, has said that his group supports "sustainable immigration

Odinson

In here they sell drugs and only time they have clashed with someone, is when they had a turf dispute with a biker gang.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Not according to Wiki

Soldiers of Odin were seen patrolling the streets of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in July 2016. The group told the police that they were not "anti-immigration", and the police confirmed the group had not engaged in any criminal activity as of September 2016. The Edmonton police did say that "If they are the Soldiers of Odin like they are in Europe, we are going to be very concerned".[24]

A Soldiers of Odin group began patrols in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in September 2016 but claimed to be independent and not affiliated with racist and biker groups.[25]

A chapter also appeared in Winnipeg, Manitoba in the fall of 2016, though they also claimed to be unaffiliated with the European groups.[26] The national chapter is based out of nearby Gimli, Manitoba.[26] An educator at MacEwan University counters their claims of non-hate stating "Why name yourself after that group, then, if you don't want to be associated with that ideology? If you truly are interested in community safety, community patrols, there's more than enough volunteer organizations that could have been joined."[26]

On March 26, Soldiers of Odin members clashed with protesters and police at an anti-racism rally in New Westminster, British Columbia. Several were led away in handcuffs after fights broke out.[citation needed]

Joel Angot, the president of Soldiers of Odin Canada, has said that his group supports "sustainable immigration

In the US, they have ties to skinheads and the Klan.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Not according to Wiki

In the US, they have ties to skinheads and the Klan.

I wonder if they have members in Calgary or they were visiting.

Anonymous

The Soldiers of Odin did nothing wrong. Calgary has Islamist cells. People need to be made aware of the violence and bigotry of Islam.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Aryan

Blurt often fantasizes  about being cat called as he struts past a gang of bikers in his favourite short summer frock and hi heels.   ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"The Soldiers of Odin did nothing wrong. Calgary has Islamist cells. People need to be made aware of the violence and bigotry of Islam.

Exactly. They were bringing attention to an evil ideology.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"There was an anti Islam protest at Calgary city hall yesterday..

Member of the Soldiers of Odin were present.

Police made no arrests following a large demonstration by anti-Islam protesters — and a smaller group of counter-protesters — outside City Hall on Saturday afternoon.

Nearly 200 protesters professing "Canadian values" gathered on the plaza in front of the Calgary Municipal Building.

The demonstration was met by supporters of the Calgary Anti-Fascist Action.

While there were heated verbal exchanges between the sides, and some demonstrators carried what appeared to be stun baton-style devices, police reported no violence or property damage.

Around 25 police officers could also be seen at the demonstration. At one point the opposing sides nearly came face to face with each other, with police acting as the sole barrier between them.

Many demonstrators came to hear speaker Sandra Solomon, an anti-Islamification activist. However, there were a number of counter-protestors who wanted to voice support for Canada's refugee community.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/anti-islam-protest-met-by-counter-protest-at-calgary-city-hall/ar-BBBYun0?li=AAggNb9&ocid=UE12DHP#image=BBBYqCl%7C2">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/an ... =BBBYqCl|2">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/anti-islam-protest-met-by-counter-protest-at-calgary-city-hall/ar-BBBYun0?li=AAggNb9&ocid=UE12DHP#image=BBBYqCl|2

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBYxOi.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

I saw this on the news.

Renee

Come on, we're talking about Canadian racists here. How badass can they really be?

They'll probably have to get permission from the local constable to bring guns to the race war, FFS.. :nea:

Hey, I got an idea, just put an Oiler's game on, they'll forget all about the brown people.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Come on, we're talking about Canadian racists here. How badass can they really be?

They'll probably have to get permission from the local constable to bring guns to the race war, FFS.. :nea:

Hey, I got an idea, just out an Oiler's game on, they'll forget all about the brown people.

How do you know they are racists? The rally was about Islam.

Renee

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Renee"Come on, we're talking about Canadian racists here. How badass can they really be?

Hey, I got an idea, just put an Oiler's game on, they'll forget all about the brown people.

How do you know they are racists? The rally was about Islam.

Because most likely they are tied to the US and European counterparts. Here they have ties to the Klan and most of the major white supremacist groups operating in the US.

The rally was about opposing Islam, or so it it claimed...the flavor of the month just happens to be the influx of Muslims from the war torn areas in the Middle East. But at its heart the issue is about unchecked mass immigration. Racism and opposition to immigration has a long history and cannot be fully divorced from each other. The fear that one invading ethnic or racial or religious group is trying to supplant another, goes back to antiquity. Bigotry, hatred, racism and paranoia are all part of the human psyche. You find it everywhere there are people. Claiming otherwise flies in the face of reality.

BTW, has anyone not noticed the title of this thread?

"The Soildiers of Odin".... :laugh3:

At first glance I thought it said "The Soilers of Odin"...and I thought to myself...."God damn Christians.....at it again".... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.