The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Reasons to Quit Smoking

Started by shin, June 18, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

shin

How do you get someone to quit smoking?

It's probably a lesson in futility to simply tell them that smoking tobacco can lead to a number of irreversible health problems.

I used to smoke for 15 years, then one day I suddenly became health-conscious and quit (with the help of a disposable e-cig). That was in June 2013, and I haven't had any relapses. I did feel the cravings, though. I found it helped to keep in mind why I was quitting and how little I enjoyed smoking after so many years. It had just became a repetitive habit for me.

I think it's doubly difficult to quit when you're constantly around other people who smoke. I don't want to sound preachy, and I think the smoker has to internalize why they smoke, then notice what it's doing to them over time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"How do you get someone to quit smoking?

It's probably a lesson in futility to simply tell them that smoking tobacco can lead to a number of irreversible health problems.

I used to smoke for 15 years, then one day I suddenly became health-conscious and quit (with the help of a disposable e-cig). That was in June 2013, and I haven't had any relapses. I did feel the cravings, though. I found it helped to keep in mind why I was quitting and how little I enjoyed smoking after so many years. It had just became a repetitive habit for me.

I think it's doubly difficult to quit when you're constantly around other people who smoke. I don't want to sound preachy, and I think the smoker has to internalize why they smoke, then notice what it's doing to them over time.

Is the smoker a relative shin?

Berry Sweet

You cant get someone to quit smoking...they have to want to and do it on their own.  Im sure they are aware of the helth consequences but most will shove to the back of their thoughts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You cant get someone to quit smoking...they have to want to and do it on their own.  Im sure they are aware of the helth consequences but most will shove to the back of their thoughts.

Same with drinking alcohol..

You can't force anyone to quit..

They have to want to quit their bad habits.

Angry White Male

I like smoking.  So, someone telling me I should quit would just go in one ear, and out the other!

People should mind their own business, and unless another persons actions are truly affecting you in a negative way, what they do is ultimately their business.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I like smoking.  So, someone telling me I should quit would just go in one ear, and out the other!

People should mind their own business, and unless another persons actions are truly affecting you in a negative way, what they do is ultimately their business.

Provincial and  federal governments don't want you to give up your bad habits. They are addicted to the sin taxes you pay on your daily booze and tobacco habits.

Bricktop

Get some pics of the lungs of a chain smoker post mortem.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Get some pics of the lungs of a chain smoker post mortem.

No thanx.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"Provincial and  federal governments don't want you to give up your bad habits. They are addicted to the sin taxes you pay on your daily booze and tobacco habits.

Us tobacco users contributed 8.5 billion last year.

You bet we pay our way!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Provincial and  federal governments don't want you to give up your bad habits. They are addicted to the sin taxes you pay on your daily booze and tobacco habits.

Us tobacco users contributed 8.5 billion last year.

You bet we pay our way!

Is that total across Canada, federal and provincial taxes?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Is that total across Canada, federal and provincial taxes?

Yes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Is that total across Canada, federal and provincial taxes?

Yes.

That's a lot of revenue.

Angry White Male

We pay our way, everyday!

Next time you catch a whiff of second hand smoke, you should thank that smoker!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"We pay our way, everyday!

We're not greedy politicians. Smoking makes me sick.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"We pay our way, everyday!

Geek. Lol...a lot of the young ones are switching over to e-smokes and using their tabacco products, i wonder how much was made for those.

I just bought an epen for oil de marijuana.  It is very, simple, descreet and nice!