Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Huumm ... What erasing history might just lead to

Started by cc, August 20, 2017, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"I'll be fucked if I ever understand cc

Like I read the words but she is off this fucken planet

I aint stuffen that jumbuck in me tucker bag

She doesn't speak clear English like you or Priscilla.

GORDY GAMBINO

well fucken clean ya ears out ya deaf dumb train wreck cunty cunt cunt
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"Why should they keep up statues erected by the KKK?

I thought history was being erased at first, when then I read articles by teachers who teach history.  Statues people pay little to no attention to in squares aren't "teaching history".  They are relics of history.  A good place for those would be museums and places dedicated to history just like crucifixes belong in churches.

The KKK started with the American flag, back when they were a BIG group. Way before they started using the Confederate flag. Maybe since America aint "Free" no more, maybe that flag belongs in a museum too. Especially since those nasty racists used it so much.

">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

I thought history was being erased at first, when then I read articles by teachers who teach history.  Statues people pay little to no attention to in squares aren't "teaching history".  They are relics of history.  A good place for those would be museums and places dedicated to history just like crucifixes belong in churches.

Oh fuck off you repetitive pebble brained piece of shit.

People like Edward Cornwallis who founded a city have a statue in the statue in the city they founded. Imagine that eh shit for brains. How about you and antifa faggot friends go find a country to live in that doesn't have monuments of it's past situated in historically significant places if it offends you that much.

They have a statue in a statue eh?

Go pickle your liver some more you unhappy asshole.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Blazor"

The KKK started with the American flag, back when they were a BIG group. Way before they started using the Confederate flag. Maybe since America aint "Free" no more, maybe that flag belongs in a museum too. Especially since those nasty racists used it so much.

">
You realise it's not about what flag they wave but what the flag they wave respresents right?

Who was behind the confederate flag?  What did those people stand for?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Blazor"

">
You realise it's not about what flag they wave but what the flag they wave respresents right?

Who was behind the confederate flag?  What did those people stand for?

Dont back peddle RW!  :laugh:  It belongs in a museum like you said! Like a crucifix belongs in church. A relic of history.

Virginia was behind the most commonly used Confederate flag. They stood for freedom, and fought against tyranny. Cant say the same for Ol' Glory these days.

RW

Your flag is not a historical relic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Especially since they are trying to erase/change history.

RW

Really?  How does removing statues accomplish that?  Do you not learn history in school?

Historians don't seem concerned.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"Really?  How does removing statues accomplish that?  Do you not learn history in school?

Historians don't seem concerned.

I hope you are not serious.

They are changing history on the school level. Confederates are demonized more and more, and pitted as filthy racists. Im tired of it. Its because the side that won writes the history. Slowly they have done this, hoping the old folks will die out or not notice. My great aunt who is almost 70 clearly remembers the story being vastly different in school back then, not so demonizing as now.

I imagine one thing removing statues accomplishes, it enables them to demonize even more. If there are no statutes to remind us of once great men who stood up to tyranny, then its easier to say they were a rag tag group of rebels who amounted to nothing but racism.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

You're not buying what? That they are manipulating children on a school level, that Confederates are demonized as racists, or that those who fought in that war were not great men who stood up to tyranny and do not deserve to be remembered?

RW

Sorry, I should have been more clear (I'm super tired today).  Im not buying that removing statues affects history in any significant way outside the history of the piece itself.  

I object to modern day contexts applied to past events.  We seem to try to contextualize it with modernity and it just doesn't work.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

"We wont know til we pass(remove) it"  :laugh:

I feel ya, Im so tired it aint even funny. Had my main AC unit go out couple days ago, havent slept right since, nor long enough. Got a lil over 3 hours last night.

Blazor

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered...History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right" — George Orwell