Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Bill Maher Is A Effin Tool.

Started by Anonymous, September 10, 2017, 01:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"hydraulic fracturing has allowed America to become almost completely independent from Mid East oil.  other than the possibility of pulluting some water sources there is no danger.

Didn't the fr.acking and waste water injection cause increases in earthquakes in Oklahoma?

Just waste water injection, but most of the quakes were nothing, so  they didn't worry about it until recently. Injecting waste water affects every formation differently. Contrary to popular belief, most of what is injected into wastewater wells isn't the chemicals used in fracking. Less than 1 percent of wastewaster disposal wells are linked to earthquakes and the fracking industry has already started moving away from underground wastewater injection.

Oklahoma had a larger quake related to injecting waste water and is now transitioning to reusing waste water. Pipelines transport waste water from a series of nearby wells to tanks where oil and other additives are separated off. Chemicals and bacteria are added to the wastewater, which is piped into one of the holding ponds and pumped full of air.

"The goal there is to feed the good bacteria to crowd out the bad, and also oxidize any iron sulfates that drop down out as solids in the bottom of the pits," says site engineer Ben Lloyd.

Those solids wastes are eventually hauled off, but the water is pumped into a separate holding pond. Once it's filtered and treated — a process that should take about 21 days — it's clean enough to reuse it for drilling and fracking throughout the oil field.

It saves money to since they won't have to buy and transport as much water. Reducing the number of trucks reduces green house gas emissions too.

So, we take away the ignorant seismic activity, methane and  ground water contamination arguments from the Neo Luddites and you are left with a glorious opportunity to produce all energy cheaply, safely and without importing a damned thing from anywhere.

I don't expect this to penetrate the small minds of the three idiotic ladies, Blurt,  RW and Harry though. But those girls have never worked a day in industry in their collective lives anyway.

Blurt

Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "Blurt"[size=200]Our ancestors?[/size]

What are you, deaf?

Um, descendants Blurt, descendants.

RW has problems with the ancestor/descendant relationship too.

I know, Harry.

Hence, the "um" in my post. I was ribbing RW while ribbing Mel.

Anyone who's studied both physical and cultural anthropology is likely to know the difference between ancestors and descendants.

It's not well-drilling science.

But, thanks.  :thumbup:
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blurt

So, Herman believes that his ability to join two pieces of metal together makes him a geophysicist.

That's like Jock believing that driving a train makes him clairvoyant. Or Shen Li sitting at a desk typing stuff someone who can join two pieces of metal together.

Full circle in the industrial circus.

You people are sad.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Blurt"So, Herman believes that his ability to join two pieces of metal together makes him a geophysicist.

That's like Jock believing that driving a train makes him clairvoyant. Or Shen Li sitting at a desk typing stuff someone who can join two pieces of metal together.

You people are sad.
Or like Blurt who thinks putting on a skirt makes him a woman. ac_razz  ac_toofunny

RW

Sorry Herman but what have I claimed that's so incorrect?  I said I thought there was a link to earthquakes and you supported that claim.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Blurt"So, Herman believes that his ability to join two pieces of metal together makes him a geophysicist.

You people are sad.
Or like Blurt who thinks putting on a skirt makes him a woman. ac_razz  ac_toofunny

Don't be one of the stupid mean girls.  It's unbecoming.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wazzzup

Wazzzup

It's like something out of George Orwell's 1984.

Canada's Competition Bureau, an arm's length agency funded by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government to the tune of almost $50 million annually, investigated three organizations accused of denying mainstream climate science for over a year, following a complaint from an environmental group.[/quote]

More hostility to free speech from the left.

cc

This is staggering .. but not surprising. Then, any country that created the HRC is capable of ANY stiffing of free speech

No uncomfortable opinions allowed.

Look for T's escalation to  protect his pet ideology of supremacy
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc"This is staggering .. but not surprising. Then, any country that created the HRC is capable of ANY stiffing of free speech

No uncomfortable opinions allowed.

Look for T's escalation to  protect his pet ideology of supremacy

How do you protect people from abuse, contempt, hatred, discrimination, etc?  How do you balance everyone's freedoms without restrictions on speech?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

You people are sad.

His thirty years in the industry, particularly supervising fracking operations all over the world certainly makes him a more credible source than someone who has never seen a fracking convoy, but is armed only with a debunked study..

And Herman did a good job of picking your articles apart point by point..

My husband works for a specialized oilfield service company that has a lot of jobs in South East Saskatchewan and North Dakota..

That's the Bakken and unconventional oil and gas extraction methods are common..

M husband would confirm everything Herman said was indeed correct..

Blurt, I'm sure there are lots of things you know what you are talking about , but heavy industry is obviously not one of them....particularly this industry and this technology..

There's no shame in that, and no reason to get angry.

ac_smile

RW

Fash, what's the deal with the term fr.acking? Too many negative connotations?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

QuoteHis thirty years in the industry, particularly supervising hydraulic fracturing operations all over the world certainly makes him a more credible source than someone who has never seen a hydraulic fracturing convoy, but is armed only with a debunked study..

My husband works for a specialized oilfield service company that has a lot of jobs in South East Saskatchewan and North Dakota..

That's the Bakken and unconventional oil and gas extraction methods are common..

My husband would confirm everything Herman said was indeed correct..

Blurt, I'm sure there are lots of things you know what you are talking about , but heavy industry is obviously not one of them....particularly this industry and this technology..

ac_smile

Best post in this thread.

As much as I think  Herman is an asshole, he is right about fracking. We've had between 200k and 250, 000 wells horizontally fracked for shale oil or gas. Has Mother Nature keeled over? Hardly, and she won't either. In fact, the technology will not go away. It will continue to improve. Using less, producing more and doing it safely.

This technology is too big an opportunity for cheap, abundant, environmentally friendly energy producing good jobs to say not to it, especially since all  the excuses for rejecting it have been proven wrong.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
QuoteHis thirty years in the industry, particularly supervising hydraulic fracturing operations all over the world certainly makes him a more credible source than someone who has never seen a hydraulic fracturing convoy, but is armed only with a debunked study..

My husband would confirm everything Herman said was indeed correct..

ac_smile

Best post in this thread.

As much as I think  Herman is an asshole, he is right about hydraulic fracturing. We've had between 200k and 250, 000 wells horizontally fracked for shale oil or gas. Has Mother Nature keeled over? Hardly, and she won't either. In fact, the technology will not go away. It will continue to improve. Using less, producing more and doing it safely.

This technology is too big an opportunity for cheap, abundant, environmentally friendly energy producing good jobs to say not to it, especially since all  the excuses for rejecting it have been proven wrong.

I'm not against it but if it fucks up things like the water table, we are going to regret it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blurt

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Or like Blurt who thinks putting on a skirt makes him a woman. ac_razz  ac_toofunny

Lump, stop being so 2012.
Aimin\' to misbehave.