Las Vegas Shooting

Started by RW, October 02, 2017, 09:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Looks like rubbers bands are going to have to be banned now too :laugh:

IKR!!!

:laugh:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"Actress Kirstie Alley blames the shooting on psychiatric drugs in a tweet..

As far as I know there's no evidence the shooter was using any psychiatric drugs

Kirstie Alley is a Scientologist.  They are programmed to hate and blame psychiatry for a lot of the ills in the world because L. Ron Hubbard's theories like Diantetics were strongly rejected by the psychology community.  Hubbard was a prolific writer and wrote instructional manuals that require a Scientologist to reject everything that comes out of psychological science aside from the utter bullshit he wrote. There's stuff in his books that instruct you how to wash windows FFS.

Kirstie Alley has proven herself to be nothing more than a Scientology shill for years.
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

Don't mess with Scientology they'll have you WHACKED

cc

Motive hiding in plain sight ??

Here's a fellow from British think tank whose job is "to focus on the analysis of economic and political issues and outcomes".

Make of this what you will, but he writes:

The level of premeditation is unusual and crystal clear from his mass buying of guns and the cautious systematic smuggling operation to ferry them to his room together with the illegal modifications and the position of the room he chose and occupied for several days beforehand.

This denotes a deeply serious commitment to his act. And one which leaves no doubt that act was conceived to generate the maximum possible publicity.

The question then is: 'publicity' for what exactly?

And the answer would appear to be 'nothing that can be identified'.

But consider the moral behind the following joke (I assure you it has a point beyond humour):

A known smuggler crosses the border every day at a particular crossing. Every day his suitcase is searched and nothing is found.

After 20 years he crosses for a last time and confides to the policeman who has been searching him all that while that he is retiring.

The policeman asks him 'Ok - since you're clean today and will never cross the border again tell me this - you've been smuggling - right?'

The man says 'Right.'.The policeman says 'Smuggling what?'

The man says 'Suitcases.'

https://www.steynonline.com/8162/theory-of-the-case">Hold that 'hiding in plain sight' concept as we return to the shooting - This British think tank person's letter as reported by Mark Steyn
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

OK. nobody liked the joke.

Let's see if this catches the eye - A TOTALLY Changed Story

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-20171009-story.html">http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-veg ... story.html">http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-20171009-story.html

Police have dramatically changed their account of how the Las Vegas massacre began on Oct. 1, revealing Monday that the gunman shot a hotel security guard six minutes before opening fire on a country music concert — raising new questions about why police weren't able to pinpoint the gunman's location sooner.

Officials had previously said that gunman Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nev., shot Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos after Paddock had unleashed his deadly volley at the Route 91 Harvest festival, an assault that began at 10:05 p.m. and left 58 people dead, with hundreds more injured.

They had credited Campos, who was shot in the leg, with stopping the 10-minute assault on the concert crowd by turning the gunman's attention to the hotel hallway, where Campos was checking an alert for an open door in another guest's room.

But Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Monday that Paddock shot Campos before his mass shooting — at 9:59 p.m. — and they now don't know why Paddock stopped his attack on the crowd.

Paddock, who had placed security cameras outside his room, shot Campos through the door of his suite, which was outfitted with a camera to survey the hallway, as was a room service cart parked outside. Police have said that Paddock fired 200 rounds into the hallway.

Investigators previously said that the security guard was shot after Paddock had already spent 10 minutes firing into the crowd of concertgoers gathered below the hotel.

In a timeline released last week, investigators said Paddock had stopped firing at the concert across the street at 10:15 p.m., and the first police officers arrived on the floor at 10:17 p.m. and encountered the wounded Campos at 10:18 p.m., who directed the officers to Paddock's suite.

Police were not in a hurry to enter Paddock's suite because the security guard's arrival had halted the shooting, police implied in previously describing the timeline. Paddock had killed himself by the time officers entered the room, they said.

In a news conference Wednesday, Lombardo said it was his "assumption" that Paddock stopped his shooting spree because the gunman, using his spy cameras, "observed the security guard, and he was in fear that he was about to be breached, so he was doing everything possible to figure out how to escape at that point."

In another news conference last week, Clark County Undersheriff Kevin McMahill said Campos "had notified his dispatch, which was absolutely critical to us, knowing the location, as well as advising the responding officers as they arrived."

Well I'm sorry, but the cops tales have stunk on this thing from the git-go ... no idea of motive etc. my ass!! .

After this 180 reversal of timing (bizarre)  ... timing they HAD to know immediately & stuck to for a week until today, I don't believe a word of what they have been telling us ... This is not error, this is deliberate lying for a full week

Anonymous

I saw the revision about when the security guard was shot on the news today cc.

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Do you think the police are covering up a probable motive cc?

RW

The police don't cover for ISIS IHJ.

It's not unusual for case details to be ironed out as the information is compiled.  To suggest a cover up based on that would be weak at best.

They might well know motive and not be releasing it.  That's their prerogative as part of their investigation.  Again, not suspicious.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The police don't cover for ISIS IHJ.

It's not unusual for case details to be ironed out as the information is compiled.  To suggest a cover up based on that would be weak at best.

They might well know motive and not be releasing it.  That's their prerogative as part of their investigation.  Again, not suspicious.

I never said they did. But, the investigation looks sloppy so far.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Do you think the police are covering up a probable motive cc?

I'll just say that I don't believe a word they are telling us. Did you see the demeaner of the chief a couple of days ago? It was bizarre. Never have seen such a thing before in a situation like this. Even today he would not look into the camera.

I have no problem with legitimately holding back if putting something out would hurt the investigation.

I do have a problem with deliberately lying for even a moment ... let alone reinforcing a lie over and over for a week .. and then as part of the lie also saying repeatedly that "the security guy's arrival stopped the shooter". The hell it did and they knew it all along .. in the first hour

As to "why" there's one likely and one not so likely motive to me ... and I suppose for a sick thrill is also remotely possible

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Do you think the police are covering up a probable motive cc?

I'll just say that I don't believe a word they are telling us. Did you see the demeaner of the chief a couple of days ago? It was bizarre. Even today he would not look into the camera.

I have no problem with legitimately holding back if putting something out would hurt the investigation.

I do have a problem with deliberately lying for even a moment ... let alone reinforcing a lie over and over for a week .. and then also saying "the security guy's arrival stopped the shooter". The hell it did and they knew it all along .. in the first hour

As to "why" there's one likely and one not so likely motive to me ... and I suppose for a sick thrill is also remotely possible

I agree they would've known that from the beginning of the investigation..

My brother is a policeman and said the same thing.

cc

Yes. It was the guard who triggered the police 6 minutes before the first "outside" shot happened

The thing is that this timing  info could jeopardise nothing in the investigation, yet they lied over and over.

Another REALLY bizarre one is this claimed "waited an hour" before going in "because they figured he stopped shooting after the guard located him". That didn't wash even if the original proclaimed timing was accurate. We know now that story  was pure an d volunteered bullshit

Bullshit. Cops don't do that. They assume nothing except the shooter "could" be about to start shooting again at  many shots per second at any moment and get to him as fast as possible

And why this guy anyhow? This is an FBI case ffs

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"

I'll just say that I don't believe a word they are telling us. Did you see the demeaner of the chief a couple of days ago? It was bizarre. Even today he would not look into the camera.

I do have a problem with deliberately lying for even a moment ... let alone reinforcing a lie over and over for a week .. and then also saying "the security guy's arrival stopped the shooter". The hell it did and they knew it all along .. in the first hour

I agree they would've known that from the beginning of the investigation..

My brother is a policeman and said the same thing.

You never miss an opportunity to remind us your kid brother is a cop.

cc

That's OK ... and especially so when he agrees with us  :wink: