The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

The obesity epidemic, BMI, and physical fitness

Started by shin, October 28, 2017, 08:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

It was normal some years ago...today the charts are waaay off.  it concerns me most for young girls who are looking at this and think they are fat and they are not.

The chart is showing that I am overweight.  I went on the  weight watchers bmi standards to see what they were showing and the results said I was obese...I laughed at that one!  Im no where near overweight.  

Fuck the bmi charts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It was normal some years ago...today the charts are waaay off.  it concerns me most for young girls who are looking at this and think they are fat and they are not.

The chart is showing that I am overweight.  I went on the  weight watchers bmi standards to see what they were showing and the results said I was obese...I laughed at that one!  Im no where near overweight.  

Fuck the bmi charts.

I have seen your picture. I wish more gals were fat like you.

Blazor

I too have a job that requires me to sit the majority of the shift, plus drive a 2 hour round trip drive time. I hate it. I do try and stay active though. I also exercise 3 times a week for about 30 minutes. It involves stretches, exercise and weights. Im currently 5'9" and 155lbs. Im totally fine with how I am right now. I've always been slim too, came out of high school at 140.

When I went to school, gym class was everyday. These days the kids are lucky to get any gym at all. I think that is one cause. Also back in the day, cartoons only came on on Saturday mornings. We were forced to get creative outdoors. Now kids have 100s of shows to watch 24/7. Then throw in game systems, smartphones and tablets, social media and game apps, and its no wonder they stay inside. Young adults and adults are guilty of this too. They've all gotten lazy to a degree.

I try to eat right for the most part, but I still treat myself. Just ate 3 leftover brownie bites and pizza from the party lol. I try to stay active though. Love doing things outdoors. I think taking karate for 8 years also helped me out. And if a jam comes, Im the first to start dancing  ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I find most people, but especially males are a lot bigger today.I am older than most of you, so I have seen the size increase over the past 40 years.

Anonymous

If I gain weight, it goes straight to my ASS!!

Angry White Male

Fucking fat people brought down a commercial jet.  No joke.  Many people were killed.

The plane was too heavy, due to the airline using average body weights from the 1940's...

They have since updated those weight lists.

shin

I didn't know they changed the BMI standards over the years. I don't think much good can come from it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I didn't know they changed the BMI standards over the years. I don't think much good can come from it.

I've heard more people are overweight today..

Not just these unrealistic standards, but actually obese..

But, I see so many people that are buff, both men and ladies.

Wazzzup

IMO Modern "obesity" is a side effect of evolution.

Peoples bodies were not made to live in times where food is always easily available.  Peoples bodies are made to binge and pack on fat when food is plentiful so when the starvation periods occur they can survive them.  But when food is plentiful all the time, there are no starvation periods, that of course leads to people packing on fat all the time and the result--obesity.

Odinson

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Have you seen the BMI chart for modern day???  Good grief!  Its an anorexic chart!  Its unrealistic.

I thought so too, according to it I'm a stone overweight, and I'm pretty trim.  ac_wot

I'm the the slimmest I have been in three years and I know I would still be considered overweight.

Berry is right, it's an anorexic chart.

It does seem a tad off......

If you have muscle, you are overweight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"IMO Modern "obesity" is a side effect of evolution.

Peoples bodies were not made to live in times where food is always easily available.  Peoples bodies are made to binge and pack on fat when food is plentiful so when the starvation periods occur they can survive them.  But when food is plentiful all the time, there are no starvation periods, that of course leads to people packing on fat all the time and the result--obesity.

Our bodies have evolved to handle the changes in food availability.

Aryan

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Have you seen the BMI chart for modern day???  Good grief!  Its an anorexic chart!  Its unrealistic.

I thought so too, according to it I'm a stone overweight, and I'm pretty trim.  ac_wot

I'm the the slimmest I have been in three years and I know I would still be considered overweight.

Shut up fatty!

Aryan

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"IMO Modern "obesity" is a side effect of evolution.

Our bodies have evolved to handle the changes in food availability.

That ass of yours must weigh at least 3 stone...  ac_biggrin

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"

Shut up fatty!

I´m just saying that if you have muscle, you are fat according to that chart..

You have to look like a concentration camp client in order to be normal weight.

shin

I had to look this up just to make sure.

Underweight = <18.5

Normal weight = 18.5–24.9

Overweight = 25–29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I would have to lose almost half of my body weight to be considered a normal weight according to this

This particular calculator ask if I'm Asian.

http://www.smartbmicalculator.com/">http://www.smartbmicalculator.com/