Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

happy Thanksgiving to our American friends

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2017, 06:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I hope your four day weekend brings joy to your hearts and you are surrounded by family and friends.

http://www.sonomamag.com/biteclub/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/turkeydinner.jpg">

Anonymous

Have a good long weekend Americans. ac_drinks

kiebers

Thank you. Turkey is smoked, pies are made and the rest is being prepared. Should be a great dinner.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Thank you. Turkey is smoked, pies are made and the rest is being prepared. Should be a great dinner.

Smoked turkey is fantastic. How do you do the stuffing if you smoke the turkey?

@realAzhyaAryola

Thank you!

ac_drinks

[size=200]Make America Great Again![/size]
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"Thank you. Turkey is smoked, pies are made and the rest is being prepared. Should be a great dinner.

Just make it in a pan as we have always done. We never actually "stuff" the turkey with anything even when cooking it in the oven. Normally too many people eating and the turkey would not hold enough. Not saying it has never happened but very seldom.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Aryan

Merry Yank day. Has Trump built that wall to keep out those pesky taco-n1ggers yet?

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

Just make it in a pan as we have always done. We never actually "stuff" the turkey with anything even when cooking it in the oven. Normally too many people eating and the turkey would not hold enough. Not saying it has never happened but very seldom.

You smoke it and then roast it in the oven? For how long?

Wazzzup

Thank you Fash, Herman and Scouse.  

happy thanksgiving to my fellow 'Muricans Kiebers, Azhya and Blazor

kiebers

Just to rewarm it is all since we did the smoking yesterday. We did it at 250F for a little over 4 hours. Going to be tasting it in a few minutes. Table is being filled up as I type.  ac_biggrin

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Thank you!

ac_drinks

It's Your 'Civic Duty' to Ruin Thanksgiving for Your Trump-Supporting Family Members

QuoteA piece in GQ Magazine calls on readers to make Thanksgiving Day "hell" for any relatives who support President Donald Trump.

"It's time to ruin your Trump-supporting family's Thanksgiving—for America!" Joe Berkowitz wrote.

"If you're headed home to a household that still thinks a sex-offending game show host in rapid cognitive decline was the best choice for a president, it is your civic duty to filibuster Thanksgiving," he argued.

He offered several suggestions for how to ruin Thanksgiving dinner, including not showing up, showing up and being a jerk and going "scorched earth."

Liberal tolerance on full display  ac_wub

https://img1.etsystatic.com/105/0/5302982/il_340x270.1076730569_nyth.jpg">

BTW fash and keibers if you don't want politics in this thread please move elsewehere.

Anonymous

I never read GQ and I will purposely not read it in the future.

Anonymous

Just to rewarm it is all since we did the smoking yesterday. We did it at 250F for a little over 4 hours. Going to be tasting it in a few minutes. Table is being filled up as I type.  ac_biggrin

I love smoked turkey..

I wonder how that would  affect the taste of the stuffing if the turkey was stuffed for the four hours in the oven.

kiebers

I imagine it would have a smokey taste. We did it on the grill using the same technique that we do with the briskets. Pan of water underneath. Also used the brisket rub on it. It was quite tasty.

I am stuffed. Turkey, dressing, candied yams, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and mince meat pie. Good stuff. Hot Apple pie and ice cream in a few hours. I do enjoy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I imagine it would have a smokey taste. We did it on the grill using the same technique that we do with the briskets. Pan of water underneath. Also used the brisket rub on it. It was quite tasty.

I am stuffed. Turkey, dressing, candied yams, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and mince meat pie. Good stuff. Hot Apple pie and ice cream in a few hours. I do enjoy Thanksgiving.

It took four hours to smoke the turkey?

I thought it would take longer.