The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

When you're 66!!!

Started by Bricktop, November 30, 2017, 06:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Herman"
Your health generally good overall?

It WAS!!!

I have, or have been tested for high blood pressure, prostate cancer (TWICE), bowel cancer, iron deficiency, iron proficiency, alzheimers (I passed), heart murmur, and now I have to be tested for sleep apnea!!!!

Up until the age of 50, I was extremely fit and active!!!

Now I feel old!!!

:ohmy:

Bricktop

Every time I go to the doctor, I get a new test.

No wonder I am a hypochondriac!!!

Odinson

Quote from: "priscilla1961"I am at 56.

Will you be my mommy?

shin

Do you ever wonder about the people who live to be over 100 years old who respond to questions about the secrets to their longevity with "I drink alcohol every day" or "I smoke every day"?

Age is but a number. Old is how external factors make us feel when compared to immaturity.

Preventative medicine can be like digging Schrodinger's grave at times.

Frood

Quote from: "shin"Do you ever wonder about the people who live to be over 100 years old who respond to questions about the secrets to their longevity with "I drink alcohol every day" or "I smoke every day"?

Age is but a number. Old is how external factors make us feel when compared to immaturity.

Or the people who eat special diets and run 5k every day only to be struck down by cancers and buses?

I've always liked the grandfather character in Grumpy Old Men. Bacon and whiskey!  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Aryan

Quote from: "shin"Do you ever wonder about the people who live to be over 100 years old who respond to questions about the secrets to their longevity with "I drink alcohol every day" or "I smoke every day"?

Keeping active is the best way of keeping the grim reaper at bay, aswell as avoiding being lonely.  That's one of the biggest killers, never mind unhealthy eating, smoking etc....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Or the people who eat special diets and run 5k every day only to be struck down by cancers and buses?

I've always liked the grandfather character in Grumpy Old Men. Bacon and whiskey!  ac_biggrin

We knew someone that happened to DD..

From the time he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer to the time he died was less than three months.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Not unusual in Appalachia.

:laugh:

My dad was 7 years older than my mom too.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I have a sixteen year old daughter..

I can't wrap my mind around a child getting  pregnant.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Lol oh I know, and my sister got pregnant at 16 too. For my mom though, it was the 70s and all  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Lol oh I know, and my sister got pregnant at 16 too. For my mom though, it was the 70s and all  :laugh:

And more importantly, it's Appalachia.

Blazor

And more importantly, it's Appalachia.

Yup, the heart of!

Im here in the Blue Ridge mountain range. Beautiful country. And not far from where The Wrong Turn took place jus over the border in West Virginia. Dirty Dancing was also filmed here. The Moonshine capital of the world is less than an hour from me... Franklin County.

shin

Jinkies! It's Dinky! Where have you been hiding?

All things in excessive moderation and plenty of rest, I say.

shin

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

Keeping active is the best way of keeping the grim reaper at bay, aswell as avoiding being lonely.  That's one of the biggest killers, never mind unhealthy eating, smoking etc....

Yes, but how active is too active?

It's certainly a better idea than a sedentary life with no risque behavior, though.

Frood

Quote from: "shin"

Jinkies! It's Dinky! Where have you been hiding?

All things in excessive moderation and plenty of rest, I say.

I dunno.

In some South Australian geezer's wet dreams it seems.

Nice to read you again Shin!
Blahhhhhh...