The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

BitCoin investing for Fash.

Started by Angry White Male, December 02, 2017, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

Since she had mentioned some interest previously, I will make a relatively simple guide for her, as to what worked best for me.

After registering at three different BitCoin exchanges, I found http://www.coinsquare.io">www.coinsquare.io to be the easiest to register for, and use.  I was trading within minutes.  It's based in Toronto, and I didn't even have to go through the BS of sending them copies of my personal documents.  Their trading rates seem relatively fair.  They claim to have never had a security breach, nor have ever lost a coin.

Online banking is really a requirement to transfer funds easily, without any hold back.  I used Interac Online feature to transfer funds immediately.  Minimum transfer is $100.00 CDN.

Now, one could keep their coins (or fractions of) in the Coinsquare database, but for ultimate safety and security you will want to download the blockchain, called a decentralized wallet, so you can get the keys.  With the keys, you have access to your holdings, no matter what.  I used BitCoin Core.  Keep in mind this is a huge amount of data to download (around 150 gigs), so it will take time.

The keys can be backed up in various ways, and should be done so when you get them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Since she had mentioned some interest previously, I will make a relatively simple guide for her, as to what worked best for me.

After registering at three different BitCoin exchanges, I found http://www.coinsquare.io">http://www.coinsquare.io to be the easiest to register for, and use.  I was trading within minutes.  It's based in Toronto, and I didn't even have to go through the BS of sending them copies of my personal documents.  Their trading rates seem relatively fair.  They claim to have never had a security breach, nor have ever lost a coin.

Online banking is really a requirement to transfer funds easily, without any hold back.  I used Interac Online feature to transfer funds immediately.  Minimum transfer is $100.00 CDN.

Now, one could keep their coins (or fractions of) in the Coinsquare database, but for ultimate safety and security you will want to download the blockchain, called a decentralized wallet, so you can get the keys.  With the keys, you have access to your holdings, no matter what.  I used BitCoin Core.  Keep in mind this is a huge amount of data to download (around 150 gigs), so it will take time.

The keys can be backed up in various ways, and should be done so when you get them.

Thank you

Angry White Male

No problem.  I should add that coinsquare offers trading of all common crypto-currencies, and oddly enough in silver and gold too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"No problem.  I should add that coinsquare offers trading of all common crypto-currencies, and oddly enough in silver and gold too.

I'll read about it when I have time.

Angry White Male

BitCoin Core fucked with some things it shouldn't have fucked with, namely Windows Updates and Microsoft Defender.  Running Windows 7 PC here.

I cannot think of anything else that could have caused me these issues.  Stay the FUCK away from BitCoin Core.

I will now have to spend some time fixing these issues.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"BitCoin Core fucked with some things it shouldn't have fucked with, namely Windows Updates and Microsoft Defender.  Running Windows 7 PC here.

I cannot think of anything else that could have caused me these issues.  Stay the FUCK away from BitCoin Core.

I will now have to spend some time fixing these issues.

Okay, thanks for that.

Angry White Male

Something corrupted my system, and the only thing new is Bitcoin Core.

NOTHING has EVER corrupted ANY of my systems, EVER.

I'm now faced with a fresh install, which I do NOT want to do.

Stay the fuck away.

Angry White Male

Fresh Install makes me fucking angry.  I am fucking pissed off.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I can feel my blood pressure rising.

I am somewhat obsessive compulsive, so it takes me like a FUCKING WEEK to tune my shit proper.

I am NOT FUCKING IMPRESSED.

Wipe my fucking system, and then download the entire blockchain again?

NO FUCKING WONDER people have a hard time with this fucking crypto-investment.

I'M FUCKING NOT HAPPY.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna":001_rolleyes:

You mentioned another wallet.  I should have listened.

Angry White Male

However, my 'puter is now running nice and fast, without any security safeguards in place at all now, other than the Firewall!

Frood

Had you used a wallet like Coinomi or Jaxx, you wouldn't have to download the entire ledger to see your public and private keys or export them for backup. Such wallets also offer onboard trading-conversion and mnenomic phrase backup.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I wanted to download the entire chain.  Why the FUCK Bitcoin Core corrupted my PC to the point of fresh install...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...