The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

BitCoin has now crested $12,000 USD.

Started by Angry White Male, December 06, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Bitcoin is broken. Its current Core Dev Team are broken. Its Blockchain is old and broken. The BTC and hard fork communities are broken.

Short while you can and hope that you're not sleeping the day BTC kicks the bucket. It's the crypto sacrificial lamb in the making.

I don't think you understand what Bitcoin has become.  It has become NOT a vehicle to buy pizza's with, or illegal guns and drugs on Silk Road.

Listen, short stuff. When you've been involved with cryptos longer than the duration of a new relationship, you can offer me your opinion.

BTC is a pinata.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Maybe you should be employed at J.P. Morgan Chase!

Why aren't you, then?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

That's great then.

I am an investor, and I do not buy crypto to buy a fucking pizza.

You sold at $100.  Wouldn't matter if it went higher...  You would have sold at $1,000.

Do NOT talk to me about investing, or what Crypto's "Should Be"...

Anonymous

Did Bitcoin and other cryptos take a spanking this week.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"Did Bitcoin and other cryptos take a spanking this week.

Huge dip.

40%.

Does this make you nervous?

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"Did Bitcoin and other cryptos take a spanking this week.

Yes, cryptos as well as Mel Units.  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Odinson"Major fluctuations were to be expected... Thats what happens when the thing is not tied into anything solid.

People are gonna buy bitcoin again and the price is gonna skyrocket again.

Correct.  You have a solid understanding of this...

Well its really simple..

Now that every1 knows about it, I dont think its gonna completely crash ever..

Angry White Male

In the spring of 2013, price of bitcoin falls from $233 to $67—overnight! That's a 71% drop.

February 2014, the price fell from $867 to $439 (a 49% drop).

June 2017, the currency nudged $3,000—but then lurched back all of a sudden, falling 36% to $1,869 by mid-July.

Climbed close to $5,000 at the start of September 2017 before plunging 37% by September 15.

cc

Coincheck: World's biggest ever digital currency 'theft'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42845505">//http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42845505

One of Japan's largest digital currency exchanges says it has lost some $534m (£380m) worth of virtual assets in a hacking attack on its network.

Coincheck froze deposits and withdrawals for all crypto-currencies except Bitcoin as it assessed its losses in NEM, a lesser-known currency.

It may be unable to reimburse the funds lost on Friday, a representative told Japanese media.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

I generally invest long-term, and this means to Hold for months, if not years...

Crypto is somewhat different than your 'standard' bank investments (which I hold also), in the fact that it's your job, and only your job to protect your crypto assets.  There is no 'babysitter' here...

I pulled my crypto out of my exchange a month ago or whenever it was, and transferred it to my desktop wallet (which is also encrypted).  Now, I own it.  This can only be done by downloading the entire blockchain, and thus is really only suitable for desktops and laptops, since it's a HUGE amount of data to download, but it's the only way.

I also have two different physical 'backup' sources located in my condo, should, say, my hard drive fail, and I would have to download the chain again...  You can ONLY back this shit up, after downloading the entire chain...

The way blockchain works, is not something for the average investor, unless you are willing to learn.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I generally invest long-term, and this means to Hold for months, if not years...

Crypto is somewhat different than your 'standard' bank investments (which I hold also), in the fact that it's your job, and only your job to protect your crypto assets.

I pulled my crypto out of my exchange a month ago or whenever it was, and transferred it to my desktop wallet (which is also encrypted).  Now, I own it.  This can only be done by downloading the entire blockchain, and thus is really only suitable for desktops and laptops, since it's a HUGE amount of data to download, but it's the only way.

I also have two different physical 'backup' sources located in my condo, should, say, my hard drive fail...  You can ONLY back this shit up, after downloading the entire chain...

The way blockchain works, is not something for the average investor, unless you are willing to learn.

:001_rolleyes:

Nobody dl's the block. That's pointless.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
 :001_rolleyes:

Nobody dl's the block. That's pointless.

I do.

Angry White Male

How else are you going to get the back-up keys, without the block, Dinky?

Through a 'Third Party?'

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"How else are you going to get the back-up keys, without the block, Dinky?

Through a 'Third Party?'

ac_toofunny

And you invested a sizeable amount in cryptos!
Blahhhhhh...