Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

OK, Smith & Wesson Model 66...

Started by Angry White Male, December 21, 2017, 10:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I have a collection that I grew up with that I inherited. Spent a lot of hours on the range when I was young. We did all our own loading. Mainly sporting rifles and shotguns. The M1 is the only military weapon I own and I do not have a high capacity magazine like the newer firearms are using. It's been 40 years or more since I actually purchased a firearm.

This may seem like a dumb question, but it seems that firearms last forever without breaking down?

Frood

If they're good quality and regularly cleaned and oiled, Fash.
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"I have a collection that I grew up with that I inherited. Spent a lot of hours on the range when I was young. We did all our own loading. Mainly sporting rifles and shotguns. The M1 is the only military weapon I own and I do not have a high capacity magazine like the newer firearms are using. It's been 40 years or more since I actually purchased a firearm.

This may seem like a dumb question, but it seems that firearms last forever without breaking down?

Yep...I have a few that range 100-150 years old and still function fine.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Odinson

Depends on the use..

The parts do get worn down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

They must be worth a bit?

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

They must be worth a bit?

Not what you would think. Less than a grand apiece. The more modern ones carry a higher value overall.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Odinson

Kiebers has been watching pawnstars..

kiebers

Nah, I have checked pricing off and on over the years.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "kiebers"If it is a true WWII issue/surplus may want to do a little research. Worth a little more than a replica.

Plainfield, so sadly not worth all that much...

Angry White Male

The Carbine had little sentimental value to me, and .30 Carbine rounds aren't exactly cheap for what you get, due to lack of demand.

It's not something I would ever spend much time at the range with, so not sorry I sold it to someone that has a little more interest in that particular type of firearm than I...

I'm more of a .22 semi-auto rifle guy for bush plinking (Marlin Model 60 I use for this), and handgun guy at the range.  Have a 12 Gauge if I ever need heavy hitting power for the bush, but that's not very often.

Angry White Male

I also want a new Colt Model 70 Government, blued (essentially a 1911 that we ALL know, for all intents and purposes).

My store is out of these also, but I'm sure another shipment will arrive.  They have other 'variations' of Colt 1911's in stock, but I want EXACTLY what I want...

https://preview.ibb.co/kT7n0R/Capture.png">

Anonymous

Have they been in your family that long Kiebs?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"Have they been in your family that long Kiebs?

It's clear then that Kiefers owes something BIG TIME to the Negroes.

He must sell them, and give the cash to local Negroes.

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No, my dad got them in the 50's. Couple of muzzle loaders from the mid 1800's and a shot gun from 1875.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No, my dad got them in the 50's. Couple of muzzle loaders from the mid 1800's and a shot gun from 1875.

I don't know much about guns, but I bet they make great convo pieces when you have guests.