The Memo

Started by Wazzzup, February 02, 2018, 02:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have a question for those of you who have been following  these events; how will this end?

Will this ever end?

No, it will not end. Obviously, there will be no collusion charges. But, the Dems' media stooges will spin it another way in the court of public opinion for years to come.

So, it won't end anytime soon for political reasons.....I'm not surprised.

Not just political reasons but a massive fundamental philosophical divide that's been festering for well over a century and which really started picking up pace in the 1960's and boils down to how people see the ever encroaching authority of the State and whether we Western people are for Republics or Democracies.

I'm not really for either but if I had to choose one it would be a Republic as originally intended by the instigators against King George in the American colonies but as we've seen in our own lifetimes, it's on paper only these days.

King George didn't fade away. He played the long game through his disciples and what happens in America now becomes the impetus to follow suit throughout any Commonwealth nation.

It's evil and I want completely off this spinning rock.

I don't see this.  What I see is a huge divide between left and right that has been growing since the 60s and trumps election exposed it.  the encroaching authority of the state is part of that, but only part.  there are a wide range of issues involved.

Frood

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have a question for those of you who have been following  these events; how will this end?

Will this ever end?

No, it will not end. Obviously, there will be no collusion charges. But, the Dems' media stooges will spin it another way in the court of public opinion for years to come.

Not just political reasons but a massive fundamental philosophical divide that's been festering for well over a century and which really started picking up pace in the 1960's and boils down to how people see the ever encroaching authority of the State and whether we Western people are for Republics or Democracies.

I'm not really for either but if I had to choose one it would be a Republic as originally intended by the instigators against King George in the American colonies but as we've seen in our own lifetimes, it's on paper only these days.

King George didn't fade away. He played the long game through his disciples and what happens in America now becomes the impetus to follow suit throughout any Commonwealth nation.

I don't see this.  What I see is a huge divide between left and right that has been growing since the 60s and trumps election exposed it.  the encroaching authority of the state is part of that, but only part.  there are a wide range of issues involved.

So you parrot back what I said then offer a generic watering down?  ac_dunno
Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Will this ever end?

So you parrot back what I said then offer a generic watering down?  ac_dunno

If that's what I did my apologies.  I just couldn't tell that what you said was a divide between left and right, it looked like a lot of other stuff.

Cronus

Did the GOP originally fund the Steele dossier to get shit on Trump?
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Cronus"Did the GOP originally fund the Steele dossier to get shit on Trump?

With all the corruption I've seen in the DOJ, the FBI and Wasserman-Schultz, I wouldn't be surprised. I believe Romney, the Bush and the rest of the chamber of commerce GOP would have preferred Hillary win.

Cronus

As I understand it we are only seeing 2 pages of a huge memo. Who the hell knows. I don't trust any of them.
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Cronus"As I understand it we are only seeing 2 pages of a huge memo. Who the hell knows. I don't trust any of them.

I think it's four pages.

Some key points of the memo include:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/03/what-is-nunes-fisa-memo-6-things-to-know-about-secret-document.html">http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... ument.html">http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/03/what-is-nunes-fisa-memo-6-things-to-know-about-secret-document.html

Christopher Steele, who compiled the controversial dossier containing colorful but unverifiable claims about Trump, confirmed to former associate deputy attorney general Bruce Ohr that he "was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president."

The dossier was key to the FBI's FISA warrant in its surveillance of members of Trump's team.

The FBI and DOJ obtained an initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to Trump.

The surveillance warrants and renewals did not mention that the dossier was paid for, at least in part, by the Democratic National Committee and the campaign for Hillary Clinton. The memo says the DOJ was aware at the time of the initial FISA application that "political actors were involved with the Steele dossier."

While Ohr met with Steele, Ohr's wife was employed by Fusion GPS, the firm contracted to produce the dossier, and was assisting in opposition research on Trump, according to the memo. This information was also not included in the warrant.

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe told the House Intelligence Committee in December 2017 that a surveillance warrant would not have been sought without the dossier and what it purportedly revealed.

Anonymous

I saw an interview with Trey Gowdy. He admits the Steele dossier was not vetted and even without the Dems  paying for it, it should not have been enough to get a warrant. However, he wants the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election to continue.

Anonymous

The arguments against releasing the memo are a joke.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Always entertains me when people that do NOT live in the US, care more about the US than the state of their own affairs...

Freud is American.

cc

So much for that theory.

I had thought his  attitude problems stemmed from being upsidedown all his life
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

No. His attitude problems stem from a streak of insecurity and low self esteem you could drive a truck on.

His constant demand for attention at any cost to his dignity and personal pride is legendary.

Frood

Who are you old hens clucking about?
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop