Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Annoying accents

Started by Frood, February 06, 2018, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

True. Telus uses Filippines ... As expected one always hears what one wants to hear, but often discounts etc. require call back to "Loyalty Dept" to get enacted for real  :wink:

I love US southern accents ..... especially East side of the country

It's always special to me to deal with Engineers in Tennessee, Mississippi, Carolinas, Georgia etc. .. so courteous and respectful and sweet sounding accent... then they are not country folk even if they started out from the countryside

West except for coast is nice to hear also (Oklahoma etc)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"True. Telus uses Filippines ... As expected one always hears what one wants to hear, but often discounts etc. require call back to "Loyalty Dept" to get enacted for real  :wink:

It's always special to me to deal with Engineers in Tennessee, Mississippi, Carolinas, Georgia etc. .. so courteous and respectful and sweet sounding accent... then they are not country folk even if they started out from the countryside

I don't want to sound elitist, but the educated people from the deep South are not difficult to understand unlike the true rural people..

And African Americans from the East coast  are difficult to understand too if they are uneducated.

cc

Yes, that''s a factor - we get  grad Engineers  and they  treat you like we are the customer instead of the producer. I get "Maam" (meant as respect) , mate get's "Sir" ac_dance

I still like the soft sound and courtesy of East Southern regardless of education

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes, that''s a factor - we get  grad Engineers  and they  treat you like we are the customer instead of the producer. I get "Maam" (meant as respect) , mate get's "Sir" ac_dance

I should say,  I never meant that people who don't attend university are not polite, but I find them a little more difficult to understand.

cc

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"

That be me  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

And African Americans from the East coast  are difficult to understand too if they are uneducated.

Just have to understand the slang  :laugh:

cc

yes, it is it's own.  Frankly, I enjoy the eastern country folk

Anonymous

The accents I do like are Italian and Japanese.

Blazor

Meant to post this the other day lol, such a catchy song, and gotta love the video lol.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Meant to post this the other day lol, such a catchy song, and gotta love the video lol.

">

ac_toofunny

Angry White Male

Accents are strange, but just the way of the world!

I like English and Australian accents (yes, I know England is homeland to English, but you know what I mean)!

However, Native German language does command respect, but I like how native German speakers speak in English...  THAT commands respect also, since they just do it so well.  Think German professor or engineer.  Just commands respect, without being harsh like native German is.

@realAzhyaAryola

This is a racist thread. It points out how some groups of people are "annoying" just because they weren't born or raised in the West. Shame.

If you're educated, the correct spelling for Philippines is P H I L I P P I N E S. It does not start with an "F." I know this. No, it isn't spelled the way it sounds. That's a crap excuse.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't care about accents but if you are in the United States, "SPEAK ENGRISH!"
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"This is a racist thread. It points out how some groups of people are "annoying" just because they weren't born or raised in the West. Shame.

If you're educated, the correct spelling for Philippines is P H I L I P P I N E S. It does not start with an "F." I know this. No, it isn't spelled the way it sounds. That's a crap excuse.

Yet a number of regional accents in the West were outlined in my list so it's actually not racist or xenophobic at all.
Blahhhhhh...