Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Trudeau has no business interfering with the verdict in the Colten Boushie case

Started by Anonymous, February 13, 2018, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Wazzzup"So basically they will give lighter sentences to aboriginal criminals,  which will make for more violent criminals running loose, which will make life worse for everyone (except the criminals).

Essentially.  Canadian justice has, for some time now, been forced to take into account whether an offender is a Native Indian come sentencing time.

What I have found, when reading case law, is that after a few chances with their 'healing circles' and the 'help of their elders,' they just keep doing what they do, and end up in the clink anyhow, since rotten is rotten no matter how many chances it is given.

Of course, the Indians are no different than the Blacks...  They feel that they should be allowed to do what they want, both legal and illegal, and it's only Whities fault that they are hassled when they break the law.

Anonymous

Another high profile case with a verdict that will anger many people.

Jury finds Raymond Cormier not guilty in death of Tina Fontaine

Trial lasted just over 3 weeks, defence did not call any evidence.

A jury has found Raymond Cormier not guilty of second-degree murder in the death of Tina Fontaine.

After the verdict was delivered, people in the crowd burst into tears and gasps of disbelief were heard from members of the teen girl's family and supporters. Her biological mother, Valentina Duck, swore at Cormier before walking out of the courtroom.

Within minutes of the verdict, Indigenous leaders in Manitoba criticized the systems that they say failed.

"This is a very difficult and tremendously sad day for our people," said Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Grand Chief Sheila North, on the steps of the courthouse.

"This is not the outcome anybody wanted. The systems, everything that was involved in Tina's life, failed her. We've all failed her. We as a nation need to do better for our young people.

Southern Chiefs Organization Grand Chief Jerry Daniels called on every member of Canadian society to work together to improve things for Indigenous people.

"Every single member of this country and this province is responsible for what's happening here today, and you have to stand up and take part in making reconciliation a reality. It is about all of us," he said.

Federal Indigenous Relations Minister Carolyn Bennett reacted to news of the verdict in a tweet.

"My thoughts are with Tina Fontaine's family. Tina's is a tragic story that demonstrates the failures of all the systems for Indigenous children and youth on every level. We need to do better — we need to fix this," she wrote.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/raymond-cormier-trial-verdict-tina-fontaine-1.4542319">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4542319">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/raymond-cormier-trial-verdict-tina-fontaine-1.4542319

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"

Shariah is on it's way after Trudeau is reelected.

I dunno about that...he's really pissing a lot of people off...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

He'll win almost every seat in Quebec and the maritimes. It's mathematically impossible for the NDP or Conservatives to beat him.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"

He'll win almost every seat in Quebec and the maritimes. It's mathematically impossible for the NDP or Conservatives to beat him.

A win that big might make him think he can do anything he wants.

Look out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

A win that big might make him think he can do anything he wants.

Look out.

He won 39.5 per cent of the vote and a solid majority in 2015 and he is acting like the people don't matter. Funny, Stephen Harper won 39.6 of the vote in 2011 and he was accused by JT of imposing his will on the nation.

Berry Sweet

We shall see when the time comes what nuckle heads are running....anything is possible.  I want JT out.

Berry Sweet

It's all gone to his head.  Have you seen all the stupid photo ops of him in India?  Just ridiculous!

Anonymous

We shall see when the time comes what nuckle heads are running....anything is possible.  I want JT out.

The leaders of the parties today will lead them into an election next fall. It will be Jagmeet Singh for the dippers, Andrew Scheer for the Conservatives and of course our fearless leader JT.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It's all gone to his head.  Have you seen all the stupid photo ops of him in India?  Just ridiculous!

That doesn't bother me. But the excessive new regulations for reource development and export infrastructure are costing the national economy between $50 and $100 million dollars per day. That's a lot of good paying jobs lost. And then there's the new national carbonehead tax which will rise to $50 per tonne by the end of 2022. He's killing the middle class.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It's all gone to his head.  Have you seen all the stupid photo ops of him in India?  Just ridiculous!

That doesn't bother me. But the excessive new regulations for reource development and export infrastructure are costing the national economy between $50 and $100 million dollars per day. That's a lot of good paying jobs lost. And then there's the new national carbonehead tax which will rise to $50 per tonne by the end of 2022. He's killing the middle class.

SB how much does the carbon tax come out to per family?  Its hard to wrap my head around the $50 tonne figure.

And how is it levied?  through gas taxes, or home heating taxes or income taxes or some other way?

Berry Sweet

It bothers me.  He's Canadian, act like one.  Don't have to dress up as every other culture and kiss ass.

Anonymous

SB how much does the carbon tax come out to per family?  Its hard to wrap my head around the $50 tonne figure.

And how is it levied?  through gas taxes, or home heating taxes or income taxes or some other way?

I don't know about $50 per tonne, but Alberta's carbon tax just increased on Jan 1/2018 to $30 per tonned after being introduced Jan 1/2017 at $20. It has raided the price of gasoline 9 cents per litre, the cost of electricity, the cost of heating homes and businesses and even property taxes because schools require heat and buses.

I read that it could mean the average family four will pay an additional $1600 per year after tax for everything to heat their home, run their appliances and anything that moves by truck, train, plane or ship. Not to mention the deleterious affect on our exports.

Wazzzup

I don't know about $50 per tonne, but Alberta's carbon tax just increased on Jan 1/2018 to $30 per tonned after being introduced Jan 1/2017 at $20. It has raided the price of gasoline 9 cents per litre, the cost of electricity, the cost of heating homes and businesses and even property taxes because schools require heat and buses.

I read that it could mean the average family four will pay an additional $1600 per year after tax for everything to heat their home, run their appliances and anything that moves by truck, train, plane or ship. Not to mention the deleterious affect on our exports.

Wow. yeah $1600 is a serious bite out of the wallet.  if I were his opposition I would run on that.  But I guess in canada everybody in every party is for the carbon tax (correct me if I'm wrong) so that won't happen

Anonymous

Wow. yeah $1600 is a serious bite out of the wallet.  if I were his opposition I would run on that.  But I guess in canada everybody in every party is for the carbon tax (correct me if I'm wrong) so that won't happen

We have a provincial election in June. No  party opposes what the pain Trudeau wants to  inflict on the masses. On the contrary, they are all trying to buy votes with other people's money. Federally, the leader of the Tories, Andrew Scheer has said he would leave it up to the provinces.

Truthfully, there is no fiscally conservative alternative in this country. They are all giddy about a new hidden tax they can raise without people knowing about it, unlike the GST.