The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Another shooting in an American school

Started by Bricktop, February 14, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

realgrimm

Quote from: "Fashionista"Ohio teen who killed himself at school planned mass shooting: police

A seventh-grader who shot and killed himself inside an Ohio middle school restroom last week was planning to shoot others at the school before changing his mind at the last second, a police chief said Thursday.

The 13-year-old boy came out of the bathroom holding a semi-automatic rifle just before classes began and then abruptly went back inside and shot himself in the head, said Jackson Township Police Chief Mark Brink.

Police don't know why the attack wasn't carried out and probably never will, the police chief said. "We should thank God every day, whatever made him change his mind," Brink said.

Investigators found messages on his cellphone that showed the teen had been planning an attack for at least a week at Jackson Middle School, near Massillon. He also showed admiration for the two students who carried out the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado nearly 19 years ago.

"I'd hurt and destroy something bigger but my schools an easy target," Simons wrote in one message found on his phone.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ohio-teen-who-killed-himself-at-school-planned-mass-shooting-police/ar-BBJLXta?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/oh ... ailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ohio-teen-who-killed-himself-at-school-planned-mass-shooting-police/ar-BBJLXta?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

https://78.media.tumblr.com/da4c43c0297adac03ef14d47cd92770e/tumblr_p4z44h48931ris16so1_1280.jpg">

cc

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/stoneman-douglas-students-arrested-for-knives-deputy-suspended-for-sleeping-on-job.html">Stoneman Douglas students arrested for knives,

deputy suspended for sleeping on job - A student reportedly saw the deputy around 5 p.m. and reported him to a sheriff's office sergeant, who knocked on the car window to wake him up, WSVN reported.

brother of killer forbidden to be on grounds got away with being there 3 times already  ... one while deputy slept

The string of incidents came the day after Zachary Cruz — brother of suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz — was arrested for trespassing on Stoneman Douglas property.

Cruz, 18, "unlawfully" skateboarded throughout the campus on Monday. He told officials he wanted to "reflect on the school shooting and to soak it in."

girl pulls knife

and it goes on ... and on ... and on

Broward County can't tie it's shoelaces
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/stoneman-douglas-students-arrested-for-knives-deputy-suspended-for-sleeping-on-job.html">Stoneman Douglas students arrested for knives,

deputy suspended for sleeping on job - A student reportedly saw the deputy around 5 p.m. and reported him to a sheriff's office sergeant, who knocked on the car window to wake him up, WSVN reported.

brother of killer forbidden to be on grounds got away with being there 3 times already  ... one while deputy slept

The string of incidents came the day after Zachary Cruz — brother of suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz — was arrested for trespassing on Stoneman Douglas property.

Cruz, 18, "unlawfully" skateboarded throughout the campus on Monday. He told officials he wanted to "reflect on the school shooting and to soak it in."

girl pulls knife

and it goes on ... and on ... and on

Broward County can't tie it's shoelaces

ac_wot

Wazzzup

A survivor of last month's shooting at a Florida high school that left 17 people dead said he and fellow students must use their "white privilege" to offset the racial disparity in the way news media covers gun violence.

Speaking during a Twitter Q&A livestream Monday with fellow Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students, senior David Hogg said Parkland shooting survivors must use their platform to make sure the stories of other students across the country who experience gun violence are also heard.

"There is a lot of racial disparity in the way that this is covered. If this happened in a place of a lower socio-economic status or a place like a black community, no matter how well those people spoke, I don't think the media would cover it the same," Hogg said. "We have to use our white privilege now to make sure that all of the voices — all of the people that have died as a result of this and haven't been covered the same can now be heard. It's sad, but it's true."

Hogg called the disparity in news coverage the "greatest obstacle" the #NeverAgain movement faces. [/quote]
I guess he doesn't realize that the main people who don't want black crime reported on are black.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
A survivor of last month's shooting at a Florida high school that left 17 people dead said he and fellow students must use their "white privilege" to offset the racial disparity in the way news media covers gun violence.

Speaking during a Twitter Q&A livestream Monday with fellow Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students, senior David Hogg said Parkland shooting survivors must use their platform to make sure the stories of other students across the country who experience gun violence are also heard.

"There is a lot of racial disparity in the way that this is covered. If this happened in a place of a lower socio-economic status or a place like a black community, no matter how well those people spoke, I don't think the media would cover it the same," Hogg said. "We have to use our white privilege now to make sure that all of the voices — all of the people that have died as a result of this and haven't been covered the same can now be heard. It's sad, but it's true."

Hogg called the disparity in news coverage the "greatest obstacle" the #NeverAgain movement faces.
[/quote]
Not to sound crass, but school mass shootings seem more common in schools where Caucasians are the majority.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hogg called the disparity in news coverage the "greatest obstacle" the #NeverAgain movement faces.

Not to sound crass, but school mass shootings seem more common in schools where Caucasians are the majority.[/quote]  I'm sure that's true.  I looked it up and I couldn;t find the race of the victims, but the race of the shooters from 1982 to 2018 have been 56 white, 16 black, 7 Hispanic, 7 Asian, 3 native, 5 other and  unknown.

I suppose the Hoggster is referring to overall gun violence.  overall gun crime blacks are about 10 times more likely to murder than whites.  Often the media does make more of violence in safe neighborhoods because its less common (man bites dog vs  dog bites man) But another force involved is blacks often call up newspapers and complain when crimes committed by blacks make the news.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Not to sound crass, but school mass shootings seem more common in schools where Caucasians are the majority.
 I'm sure that's true.  I looked it up and I couldn;t find the race of the victims, but the race of the shooters from 1982 to 2018 have been 56 white, 16 black, 7 Hispanic, 7 Asian, 3 native, 5 other and  unknown.

I suppose the Hoggster is referring to overall gun violence.  overall gun crime blacks are about 10 times more likely to murder than whites.  Often the media does make more of violence in safe neighborhoods because its less common (man bites dog vs  dog bites man) But another force involved is blacks often call up newspapers and complain when crimes committed by blacks make the news.[/quote]
That surprises me.....I've never heard of an African-American school shooter.

Anonymous

I support reasonable gun controls. But, I can't help wonder who is paying  for teens  to  hold mass demonstrations in Washington. Who is paying for the buses, the audio equipment, the singers like Myley Cyrus and  Ariana Grande. The left can't seem to govern, but they sure can demonstrate.

Bricktop

Why is it "the left" that is accused of inciting these protests?

Is gun control REALLY a Left vs Right issue?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why is it "the left" that is accused of inciting these protests?

Is gun control REALLY a Left vs Right issue?

When Hollyweird and Soros are the sugardaddies, oh fuck yeah.

Bricktop

Then nothing will ever get done to fix the madness. Once politics gets involved, the last thing you will ever achieve is consensus.

Angry White Male

Bricktop, you also have to consider the sheer amount of firearms that are floating around in the US.  Hundreds of millions of them.  Just think about that number for a moment.

Bricktop

Wow. That IS a lot.

Almost as many as the number of times you declare your departure but fail to carry through.

Angry White Male

You're starting to act up again!  Time to wash down some more SSRI's!

Bricktop

You're still here. Time to stick to your word.