Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Should there be a tax on robots?

Started by Anonymous, February 25, 2018, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Zetsu"I might not agree with DD's POV on our police, but he's right that over taxing is no doubt any better than theft, if not worst b/c a thief can be dealt with according to the law, but for taxation, the victim will is punished instead if he tries to evade or refuse paying his/her tax.

And besides that, there is no more room for tax increases or new taxes. In Ontario, where you and I live the top  marginal tax rate is 53.5%. That doesn't include payroll taxes, sin taxes, excise taxes, and government fees. That is outright confiscation. Taxation is the problem, never a solution.

If there are fewer workers paying taxes, where do we get money for health and pensions. Make those that would put everyone out of work pay.

Common IHJ, you're an engineer yet you still seem obsessed with those manual labour intensive jobs that are meant for robots rather than humans.

Old Jock is a locomotive engineer. Basically, a train driver. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a hell of lot of responsibility. Which is why they are paid so good.

Frood

There's not much to driving a train. Accelerate-slow down-stop. I guess we're all walking engineers too.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"There's not much to driving a train. Accelerate-slow down-stop. I guess we're all walking engineers too.

Ya right.  ac_toofunny

How are freight trains governed in "dark" territory?

Bricktop

Don't bother IHJ. Freud is an expert on pretty much everything.

Frood

[/color]
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"There's not much to driving a train. Accelerate-slow down-stop. I guess we're all walking engineers too.

Ya right.  ac_toofunny

I'm just saying it's pretty straight forward. I got behind the controls once, supervised of course.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"[/color]

Ya right.  ac_toofunny

I'm just saying it's pretty straight forward. I got behind the controls once, supervised of course.

Ya sure you did. :roll:

What's the first thing an engineer does upon entering the locomotive.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"[/color]

Ya right.  ac_toofunny

Ya sure you did. :roll:

What's the first thing an engineer does upon entering the locomotive.

I actually had the controls for about 15 minutes or so, until I got bored with it. The two guys would coach me when needed, which was rare since it's a pretty mindless job. Mostly just speed adjustments.

No idea what a train driver (let's not say engineer. That's misleading) is meant to do. It was years back and a one time thing with me.

Look, I'm not bagging your job. We need people to drive trains just like we need semi truck drivers.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Don't bother IHJ. Freud is an expert on pretty much everything.

Is this troll having fun with his bullshit. My Daddy was a division engineer for CN. I realize it's not running trades, but we do know a bit about railways. Aaron knows fuck all.

Frood

Good for your father. Does that mean you've also had a go driving a train?
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I was once handed the controls of an aircraft during a joyflight.

That does not make me a pilot.

Frood

I'm not a train driver either. What I can tell you though is that it's not rocket science on how a vehicle on rails is driven. The bigger job is following the rules, not driving the actual train.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Wow...how do you contain so much knowledge, wisdom and experience in one single head.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

The highlight being allowed to drive a choo choo under strict supervision.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"The highlight being allowed to drive a choo choo under strict supervision.

I've driven or had a go on lots of big contraptions I wasn't trained or licenced for, with and without supervision.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...