The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Re: Model 66 Combat Magnum...

Started by Berry Sweet, March 04, 2018, 05:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Who may carry handguns in Canada?

Under the Criminal Code, handguns require an "authorization to carry."

The number of "authorizations to carry" issued averages 8,169 per year.

Most authorizations go to armoured car guards and people working in remote wilderness areas.

There are just two categories of individuals who are allowed an authorization to carry:

- those who require one because of their occupations

- and those who need one for the "protection of life." They need to get an authorization from the chief firearms officer for their province or territory.

Very few authorizations are made under the protection of life category. These would mostly include cases where there is an active police file and a verifiable threat as well as police confirmation that they cannot provide adequate protection for that person.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-may-carry-handguns-in-canada-1.1135084">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-may-c ... -1.1135084">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-may-carry-handguns-in-canada-1.1135084
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

QuoteEveryone knows the answer to both questions.

Except, it seems, Mel.

This clown shouldn't be anywhere near lethal firearms and weaponry. He is a classic sociopath.

He represents a danger to himself and others.

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

Bricktop

Not remotely, clown.

You have stated, MANY times, that you are affected by alcohol on frequent enough occasions as to be categorised as an alcoholic.

You have also stated quite clearly that you believe you have a mental illness. I'm sure the authorities would find your posts most disturbing, in the light of you possessing a firearm. Canadian or not.

cc

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "cc"On a separate avenue, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one had to have approval through a very intensive process to have a handgun ... something about proving that one needs protection?

I will correct you.  You are wrong.

ummmm .. fraid not

Quote from: "cc"

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Frankly, if I lived in Canada, I'd be referring this matter to the RCMP, inviting them to review his posts and threads here over the past two years.

They'd tell you to stop wasting their time.

Er, no, they wouldn't.

Ex cop, baby.

They'd listen.

Bricktop

Yes, I do.

More importantly, as a police officer, I recognise when a person is unfit to carry or possess a firearm. This would NOT be ignored by the RCMP.

Cops are cops all over the western world, sunshine.

cc

Quote from: "cc"ummmm .. fraid not

You have absolutely no clue about handgun ownership in Canada, so don't even bother trying to argue with someone who does.  It just makes you look dumb.

Quote from: "CBC"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
QuoteEveryone knows the answer to both questions.

Except, it seems, Mel.

This clown shouldn't be anywhere near lethal firearms and weaponry. He is a classic sociopath.

He represents a danger to himself and others.

He knows he is a drunk, just like I know I am. He knows he is disturbed too.

cc

QuoteCC, I can explain how handgun ownership works here ....
No you can't. I already own long guns and know the law on long and short guns

and just explained it to you re: handguns

You do not qualify to carry one nor do you qualify to " explain how handgun ownership works here"

cc

Chickenshit Lowlife Ad Homer

bullshit you do .. not "legally"

I do get what you are getting at re drunkard. I have always figured you prolly were faking that as a "persona" to give you the excuse to be what you actually are

cc

Do I have to post the law yet again? It's getting tiresome (see above)

Long guns are easy here, but you do NOT own short guns [size=150]legally[/size]

cc

Quote from: "Bullshitter"Yes, I do own handguns legally. Are you out of your fucking mind? Why can't you comprehend this?
Quote from: "CBC"

Which of the ONLY 2 categories are you in?  :wink: ... I'm referring to the above 2, not to the obvious categories