The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Mighty Casio F-91W!

Started by Angry White Male, March 25, 2018, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

It was 10 bar but I never had a problem in saltwater or diving 20 feet until the battery and seal were replaced. I was told upfront that they offered no guarantee for WR.

Took a few months but the seal did eventually pack up like they said it would in water, especially saltwater.

My daily watch is a solar charged Citizen. 11 years and still going strong no matter what gets thrown at it.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I have several watches made in the Soviet Union.

Not exactly state of the art, but still tells the time.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Never too late to switch to the Shocks!!!

A nice Mudman to get started. Or just your basic blue camo...

https://cdn7.bigcommerce.com/s-z74psfow/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/4291/24645/Gshock_GA_100CB_1A_main__56853.1457655734.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on&imbypass=on">

$119 USD!!! Bargain.

https://www.watches.com/g-shock-ga-100cb-1a/">//https://www.watches.com/g-shock-ga-100cb-1a/

I gotta hand it to you Brick for understanding my taste in tea when it comes to watches  ac_cool , and have to admit it's pretty darn tempting, lol.  Can never understand why but I really like the old school, Casio or Seiko over the new smartwatches... I guess having to charge it every few days is really one of the major turn offs, not to mention most smartwatch these days they all seem to look the same.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"My husband likes cheap watches like Kodiak for work because he often bumps his wrist against hard surfaces.

Then he needs the mighty Casio F-91!

We'll see..

I expect him to get a few more months out of watch before he breaks it.

Bricktop

I have an Apple watch, and charging it every day is a real nuisance. When travelling these days, you will likely have your iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. You're constantly charging. Painful.

That's why I like manual/self-winding watches.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"My husband likes cheap watches like Kodiak for work because he often bumps his wrist against hard surfaces.

We'll see..

If he can destroy a G Shock, he must be doing something incredibly vigorous.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

We'll see..

If he can destroy a G Shock, he must be doing something incredibly vigorous.

">

He's never owned one..

But, in the long run, it's cheaper than buying two cheap Kodiaks every year.

Bricktop

It will last for MANY years. Solar charging is best if the watch is worn every day.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"I have an Apple watch, and charging it every day is a real nuisance. When travelling these days, you will likely have your iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. You're constantly charging. Painful.

I concur completely about the charging, before I thought about getting a smartwatch, but with so many devices and having to upgrade every few years is sometimes a hassle for me, I mean we have laptops, smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, camera equipment to choose from, now I'm seriously considering about ditching my tablet and refrain from buying smartwatches and mainly just stick to upgrading my notebook, smartphone to save a bit of money, and maybe buy a new dslr Nikon dx body every 5-6 years.  Lol I just wonder how long could I last doing this, it might not save more money than I hope, but I still guess it's ok if I want to get the best bang for my buck, or maybe just feel more efficient.  ac_unsure

Bricktop

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Get a Nikon D7100!!!

That's what most people tell me to get too, currently have a D5300 atm, I like the minature body but the auto focus just isnt' fast enough to snap pictures of my birds and fish, lol hence why a lot of my pics always turns out blurry.  Maybe it is really time to consider about getting the 7100.  BTW Brick which body do you currently use to take your pics?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I have an Apple watch, and charging it every day is a real nuisance. When travelling these days, you will likely have your iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. You're constantly charging. Painful.

I concur completely about the charging, before I thought about getting a smartwatch, but with so many devices and having to upgrade every few years is sometimes a hassle for me, I mean we have laptops, smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, camera equipment to choose from, now I'm seriously considering about ditching my tablet and refrain from buying smartwatches and mainly just stick to upgrading my notebook, smartphone to save a bit of money, and maybe buy a new dslr Nikon dx body every 5-6 years.  Lol I just wonder how long could I last doing this, it might not save more money than I hope, but I still guess it's ok if I want to get the best bang for my buck, or maybe just feel more efficient.  ac_unsure

The last thing my husband wants is a smartwatch.

Zetsu

The last thing my husband wants is a smartwatch.

I'm having the same feeling too, unless the watch was on a huge sale or all of a sudden I have a huge urge to exercise and keep track of my health and fitness records, I feel more content using those old school watches while my smartphone can offer and bridge the features of teh smartwatch and my tablet at the same time.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Get a Nikon D7100!!!

That's what most people tell me to get too, currently have a D5300 atm, I like the minature body but the auto focus just isnt' fast enough to snap pictures of my birds and fish, lol hence why a lot of my pics always turns out blurry.  Maybe it is really time to consider about getting the 7100.  BTW Brick which body do you currently use to take your pics?

I use the D7100. The only cameras that may encourage me to upgrade are $4000 and up. The 7100 is one of the best, most reliable "pro-am" cameras ever made. Just a few years before it was released, pros would salivate at its specs. Of course, the pro cameras that were released were magnificent machines, but much of their technology trickled down to the 7100 at 1/4 the cost. And in a metal body. I shall never part with it.

I also have a Nikon 1 V2.

Anonymous

I wear cheap watches too. I don't know and don't care about the brand.