The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Women and the Dollar Store......

Started by Obvious Li, August 06, 2013, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Dollar stories in the US can actually be pretty expensive to shop in. There seems to be less and less merchandise in those places that actually cost a dollar. :lol:

I could imagine the kind of crap they sell. Probably disposable plates and eating utensils. Cheap canned soups, potato chips and very little else I would assume.

Actually some of the larger ones sell similar items as the regular grocery stores, only some things are substantially cheaper. I generally go there to pick up cleaning products, paper towels, soft drinks and snack foods because there is generally a significant cost saving.

Alright, good point Renee. I just recently went into a Walmart and was pleasantly surprised by how clean it was. I really shouldn't judge dollar stores until I have been in one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Dollar stories in the US can actually be pretty expensive to shop in. There seems to be less and less merchandise in those places that actually cost a dollar. :lol:

I could imagine the kind of crap they sell. Probably disposable plates and eating utensils. Cheap canned soups, potato chips and very little else I would assume.

Actually some of the larger ones sell similar items as the regular grocery stores, only some things are substantially cheaper. I generally go there to pick up cleaning products, paper towels, soft drinks and snack foods because there is generally a significant cost saving.

I go to Dollarama too for those items as well as spices, stationery and towels.

cc

spices, stationery, some seasonings  like pepper etc, and great birthday etc. cards for 1.25

Oh, and Uncle Ben's herb seasoned brown rice with wild rice for 1.25 .... not very Asiany I know, but scrumptious to this paleface
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"spices, stationery, some seasonings  like pepper etc, and great birthday etc. cards for 1.25

Oh, and Uncle Ben's herb seasoned brown rice with wild rice for 1.25 .... not very Asiany I know, but scrumptious to this paleface

That's what I meant by spices CC..

I like Uncle Ben's herb seasoned brown rice..

Many of the ladies I work with like to bring it for lunch.

Big Wave Dave

When I think of dollar stores I get sickening images of fat white beasts. Getting out of Canada was the best decision I ever made.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"When I think of dollar stores I get sickening images of fat white beasts. Getting out of Canada was the best decision I ever made.

That is not true of most dollar store shoppers.

cc

It's true of ALL total bullshitter Wave Daves though
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"It's true of ALL total bullshitter Wave Daves though

Mr. Big Wave Dave makes me feel like an unfit mother because I buy some products from Dollarama.

:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Mr. Big Wave Dave makes me feel like an unfit mother because I buy some products from Dollarama.

If Dave thinks he's superior to you, he's as crazy as GH.

Renee

BWD is a troll and not worthy of your attention. His posts shouldn't make you feel anything other than amusement or perhaps some slight pity.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

BWD is a troll and not worthy of your attention. His posts shouldn't make you feel anything other than amusement or perhaps some slight pity.

His posts are for amusement purposes only. Oh well, at least he's not threatening to call the cops because we point out his trolling.

Anonymous

Other people besides Mr. Big Wave Dave have been critical of me shopping at Walmart and Dollarama.

Odinson

No fashie.

Anonymous

BWD is an arrogant yet harmless bag of wind. Laugh at his posts, but don't let em get you down.

Big Wave Dave

I'm a nice guy. What did I do?