Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

B@stard Factory

Started by Anonymous, May 19, 2018, 12:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Pinochet was as close to a fascist you could get without a swastika.

Angry White Male

They liked Argentina also.  Argentina actually has some lovely clean cities which are essentially all German...

Bricktop

Yes, I saw one in a doco...the intro implied it was a quaint German village, and it appeared to be so.

Then they disclosed it was in Argentina!!! Ach den liber!!!

https://www.learnargentinianspanish.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Bariloche-san-carlos-de-bariloche-750x410.jpg">

Bariloche.

Aryan

Brazil is also choc full with n1ggers and other primitive sub human lifeforms.... those favela's make Semenmajor's neighbourhood look desirable!

Bricktop

So, who are the NATIVE Brazilians?

Aryan

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They liked Argentina also.  Argentina actually has some lovely clean cities which are essentially all German...

My kid brother's old lady is a blue eyed Italian-Argentinian gal born and raised in Buenos Aires.  Argentina is very European. Less so now though with so many Native-Bolivians moving in.

Bricktop

Huh?

I don't Boliv-ya.

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"They liked Argentina also.  Argentina actually has some lovely clean cities which are essentially all German...

My kid brother's old lady is a blue eyed Italian-Argentinian gal born and raised in Buenos Aires.  Argentina is very European. Less so now though with so many Native-Bolivians moving in.

Agentinian Spanish is like Italian.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

We must almost moved to Argentina..

My husband's company got the service contract that was cancelled along with the project itself..

I even studied Spanish for one month.

Bastard Factory

Quote from: "Fashionista"It has been brought to my attention you couldn't access all or certain parts of the board..

I can assure you it wasn't intentional..

Please accept my apologies for the mistake.

Double hugs with a twist of lime...

[size=50](still I.P banned though) [/size]

Quote from: "seoulbro" Who is Bastard Factory?

I am a man of impeccable tastes and style.

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Well this is unexpected...........

Are you positive it's actually him?

Perhaps he will finally give an official explanation as to why he closed our beloved BF.

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I'd like to know that too.

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Well this is unexpected...........

Are you positive it's actually him?

Perhaps he will finally give an official explanation as to why he closed our beloved BF.

Other than the fact that it was dying through infiltration by Kam, Dilf, Gallium, Seamajor and BF's own alters?

Its day was done.

So much to say, so little time to say it.

I do feel you 'Bastards deserve an answer.

Bricktop is part correct. It's day was 'done' because I chose to close. I chose to allow shitposters roll through-out the forums and degrade the overall quality and content. It was a slow change, but it happened. Much like this site, these general message board already have an identity crisis as people don't know what they're about. It's the people that make it something. We're not associated to a particular product or brand, college football team, etc.. So when new blood comes around, let alone a female poster (Intimidated/Harassed). I know this to be true as I've watched the majority of our female posters gradually baiL over the latter years. No, the new blood sees drama that they then choose not to contribute or forever lurk.

At that point, only thing registration breeds is stronger troLLs. Cycle. Pattern, whatever, NEW membership declined.

I didn't ban as I did not want to be a hypocrite due to my own personal online freedoms in which the site was opened to troLL muthFkrs. I've been banned from every board worth visiting for me back to CJ, Freakhole. A lot of them before I could put an avatar up. I required my own 'space'.  

I wanted it both ways.

I am admin first and everything that implies. Bastard Factory IS not a TRF(everyone throwing up on themselves), flame board, troLL board. One dimensional. The Meltdown forum of Bastard Factory IS a celebrated battleground for such combatants. My core mantra when opening Bastard Factory Forums in 2008 was/IS... (This is where I share) "Do whatever it takes to protect your board! It isn't hypocritical to ban, delete, or edit assholes that are just out to be assholes especially when their purpose is to destroy the board." I failed this part.

Around the end of 2013 there was less variety content being put out and more of the same. At this point, honestly, I became disenchanted. Burnt out. There was little wit/creativity. This has to happen, ask reddit. I wasn't done. There I was kicking out content/threads to keep the villagers from eating each other, but it was slowing. Wrong clientele. The few turned off so many. I only need to look back at screenshots of 2009, 2011, 2013, then in 2014/2015 it was apparent.

So quality members declined as did female posters and new members. Again, this was my mistake.

Where Bricktop is incorrect is that my alters would never jeopardize the board as they knew the rules better than anyone. ;)  

Lesson.............. ADmin>TroLLs

Then there's cost to run a resource hog website like Bastard Factory. Shit adds up! 1,000 little slices. Do you think I really know code or own my own server? Not my forte. The plan was always to make BF self sufficient. Donations & Ads. Never looking to make money. It was my choice to open it and thrive, but -- self sufficient. The trick was figuring out how to do that. Money 'out versus in' also played a factor in it's closure. I did have unrealistic offers to acquire Bastard Factory in 2015. I also for warned a handful of a potential demise, but I found myself only 'venting.

Which brings me to the Site Supporters.

Seventy seven hundred members, 660,000 posts over 7 years. Over that period members contributed not only with much quality content, but monetarily. This I thought about some over the last few years. Even the greatest roller coaster rides come to an end.

Lesson...... Pay=PLay

These core member, ELITE Bastards as well as all remaining members of Bastard Factory need to be rewarded.

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I never read BF, but it couldn't be any worse than TRF. But, I'll bet that dunce Kylie's forum is close.

I am here to give you the help that you need.

Angry White Male

Forums are dynamic, and will change even with the best of intentions from Admins.

I still remember when there weren't that many forums around, relatively speaking.  It would take programming skill and some cash to own and operate one.  Then that sort of changed over time, where almost anyone could open their own forum with ease.

So now you have an over-supply of forums, right around the time that social media changed also, with people gravitating towards the FaceBooks, the Twitters, etc.

Bricktop

Welcome aboard...and a small correction...I did not mean to imply that your alters undermined your board. Merely to highlight that other than the inmates that took over, the only reasonable people were few and far between, and some of them were you. That, in my humble opinion, did not help. It created a certain sense of distrust as to who was who. But small potatoes in reality.

I'm sure its nice to catch up with some of your former colleagues here. Except for Scouse. Bad egg, really. He's constantly stalking one of our beloved female members, Renee. Its kind of creepy. Perhaps you could have a word with him and point out that accosting young ladies is bad form.

Anonymous

So, there's the answer. Are Wazzz and Scouse satisfied? Does that fill in the blanks for them. Do they give a shit. Stay tuned.