Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

See you....

Started by Bricktop, June 03, 2018, 04:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteSorry all, I never imagined the forum software would have a configuration issue like that !!!

Sorry all, I never imagined anyone would post something like that ANYWHERE

By the way Fash - it's live in this thread where he posted the link  4 posts above - I suggest it be removed as anyone logged in or not can innocently click on it and see it

While its an insult to human intelligence   in an exclusive area, he also posted it in general area via link  4 posts above

Thanks cc, I will do that.

cc

There were more posts since I saw it - it's actually previous page - 4 up from bottom

Edits - looks like you already nipped it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

QuoteSorry all, I never imagined the forum software would have a configuration issue like that !!!

---snip---

(............................................... ad nauseam)

Perhaps you should offer Fash some assistance in writing a new TOS for her forum.

cc

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "original post"

By the way Fash - it's live in this thread where he posted the link 4 posts above - I suggest it be removed as anyone logged in or not can innocently click on it and see it

While its an insult to human intelligence in an exclusive area, he also posted it in general area via link 4 posts above

Perhaps you should offer Fash some assistance in writing a new TOS for her forum.

I'm pleased you think I could help, but ... naw. It's not a frequent problem here.

In general, we are fortunate that most people here  are mature enough to not post crap like that

and especially to not bring if into "general forum" areas as was done above (in contravention of already existing rules)

In fact,  it's so rare that I've never encountered low-level crap like that here until today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

By the way Fash - it's live in this thread where he posted the link 4 posts above - I suggest it be removed as anyone logged in or not can innocently click on it and see it

While its an insult to human intelligence in an exclusive area, he also posted it in general area via link 4 posts above

I'm pleased you think I could help, but ... naw. It's not a frequent problem here.

In general, we are fortunate that most people here  are mature enough to not post crap like that

and especially to not bring if into "general forum" areas as was done above (in contravention of already existing rules)

In fact,  it's so rare that I've never encountered low-level crap like that here until today

I think you've trolled the thing into the ground, and you're pushing your luck now.  I believe I was entitled to the presumption that the forum worked as the admin said it did.  And when it turned out not to, the admin fixed it and stated the issue was fixed.  If you've never before seen someone hotlink a post from a hidden forum into the General, then you need to get out more.  No one is harmed as a result.

Further, I'll advise you that when Fash said she had fixed the problem I took a moment to LOG OUT and refresh the thread, viewing it as a guest, and found the link to be either dead or to yield an error message.  Consequently, when you come back screeching a couple of days later about the link still being "live"  I have to think you're now trolling the administrator, unless you have convincing documentation that it was so.

And further still, in view of the admin's having publicly apologized earlier for the config error, I think any responsible forum member who discovered the problem still existed would have the grace to inform said admin PRIVATELY about it rather than immediately calling the entire internet's attention to it with multiple public posts.  

But maybe that's just me.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"We're in England now. The drive from Edinburgh to Surrey was a nightmare, with motorways blocked with roadworks and accidents. The road system here is utterly inadequate for the mass of traffic demands.

Similar problems here.

Too many fucking people flooding in is the reason why...

Bricktop

I think you've trolled the thing into the ground, and you're pushing your luck now.  I believe I was entitled to the presumption that the forum worked as the admin said it did.  And when it turned out not to, the admin fixed it and stated the issue was fixed.  If you've never before seen someone hotlink a post from a hidden forum into the General, then you need to get out more.  No one is harmed as a result.

Further, I'll advise you that when Fash said she had fixed the problem I took a moment to LOG OUT and refresh the thread, viewing it as a guest, and found the link to be either dead or to yield an error message.  Consequently, when you come back screeching a couple of days later about the link still being "live"  I have to think you're now trolling the administrator, unless you have convincing documentation that it was so.

And further still, in view of the admin's having publicly apologized earlier for the config error, I think any responsible forum member who discovered the problem still existed would have the grace to inform said admin PRIVATELY about it rather than immediately calling the entire internet's attention to it with multiple public posts.  

What a pompous pissant.

WTF did you try to link to that has the folks riled up?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

What a pompous pissant.

I didn't see it, but something that belongs in the Gutter.

Bricktop

Hmmm...that could apply to most of the idiotic crap this nematode contributes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Hmmm...that could apply to most of the idiotic crap this nematode contributes.

It was a disturbing image..

How's your trip going?

You're in England now?

Bricktop

Yes, we're in Surrey, just south of London, doing the visit thing with friends and relations.

Not much going on, tourist wise, although tomorrow we're going to the British Motor Museum at Beaulieu (pronounced "Bew-ly).

Driving around England is madness...especially in Scouse's neck of the woods. The motorways are construction sites.

Weather is cold. Summer does not appear to be interested in making an appearance.

Some good pics to show you when I'm back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes, we're in Surrey, just south of London, doing the visit thing with friends and relations.

Not much going on, tourist wise, although tomorrow we're going to the British Motor Museum at Beaulieu (pronounced "Bew-ly).

Driving around England is madness...especially in Scouse's neck of the woods. The motorways are construction sites.

Weather is cold. Summer does not appear to be interested in making an appearance.

When do you return to Adelaide?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes, we're in Surrey, just south of London, doing the visit thing with friends and relations.

Don't stay there too long or you'll convert to islam.

Anonymous

What a pompous pissant.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to see it.

Anonymous

What a pompous pissant.

I know from experience how hard it is to (1) keep up with all the forum activities when you're on holiday, and (2) maintain control of your holiday thread.  Perhaps you are learning this too, or maybe you already knew it.

I also know, and obviously you don't yet, that when people are laying off of flaming you out of respect for your holiday it's a glaring tactical error to try and flame them while on said holiday.  If time permits, I'll reconsider my earlier act of respect.