Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Ever heard a genuine Newfie speak?

Started by Angry White Male, June 19, 2018, 07:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I have.  Believe it or not, they are considered part of the English speaking world.  I challenge ANYONE to understand what the fuck this guy is saying!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Skip to 45 seconds into this clip, to hear a genuine Newfie...

">

IRISH KAM

Canadian Irish .

I understood every word .
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Angry White Male

I figured you would.  He's very close to one of your own people...

kiebers

Seven feet long and weighing 700 lbs...Based on how it looked next to the guy that was messing with it...no way was that shark 700 lbs. Probably half that or less.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Angry White Male

Didn't look very big.  I think Newfie said it was "eight to six feet" long?  (They even state measurements differently than everyone else...)   :oeudC:

Nonetheless, I don't believe any man has ever truthfully described the actual size of any fish!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have.  Believe it or not, they are considered part of the English speaking world.  I challenge ANYONE to understand what the fuck this guy is saying!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Skip to 45 seconds into this clip, to hear a genuine Newfie...

">

I've worked in the oilpatch for thirty two years, of course I've heard Newfies speak. Lots of of different accents in Newfoundland.

Angry White Male

I'm sure there's enough of 'em on the rigs, as there's not much industry in Newfoundland, other than fishing...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm sure there's enough of 'em on the rigs, as there's not much industry in Newfoundland, other than fishing...

Newfoundland was doing alright a few years ago with new mine openings and offshore oil.

Angry White Male

I don't think they're doing as well now...  Simply not enough mines and fishing boats to employ them all.

I have a step-aunt that lives there.  It's a beautiful place, and cheap to own property there, but no real industry.

A decent place to consider moving to once retired...  It's still pretty fucking White!   :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm sure there's enough of 'em on the rigs, as there's not much industry in Newfoundland, other than fishing...

Newfoundland was doing alright a few years ago with new mine openings and offshore oil.

Their oil business is small potatoes and doesn't employ that many people.

Anonymous

There's an electrician in my husband's shop that hails from Newfoundland..

He has the brogue.

Berry Sweet

We had a dog some years ago who was a newfie...he was strange in his ways but he was a cool dog.

Berry Sweet

He had this thin black moustache across his mouth...I would pit one of those French hats on him and call him Pierre...lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"We had a dog some years ago who was a newfie...he was strange in his ways but he was a cool dog.

They are big fuckers.