Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Today was the last day of school.

Started by Berry Sweet, June 28, 2018, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"My daughter has a job at a nearby Dairy Queen. ac_smile

This is good.

My first job (other than delivering newspapers at age 12) was at a pizza joint.  Didn't pay much, but you do learn customer service and how a small business works!

I worked at my parents gas station and c store from elementary school until I graduated from university.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"I worked at my parents gas station and c store from elementary school until I graduated from university.

Non-White families are much more likely to do this...  It is very common for me to see Asian and East Indian small business owners bringing their kids in to work around the business.

I wish more White families did this...  Mine never did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I worked at my parents gas station and c store from elementary school until I graduated from university.

Non-White families are much more likely to do this...  It is very common for me to see Asian and East Indian small business owners bringing their kids in to work around the business.

I wish more White families did this...  Mine never did.

There's not a lot of money in operating c stores. Having the family share the workload is essential for survival.

Angry White Male

I know!  The profit margins are razor thin.

Even with my business, the margins are so slim that one large repair can bring the business into a loss for the tax year...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I know!  The profit margins are razor thin.

You got that right.

Angry White Male

Wal Mart can run at a 2% profit margin, only because of volume.  A small business at 2% is a whole different story!