Started by Bricktop, July 09, 2018, 02:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Good news.

8 to go.

ac_smile

Angry White Male

They brought in White expert divers, so of course the mission will be a success!

Berry Sweet

I heard about this but didn't pay much attention until today...the hell were those leaders thinking??!!

Angry White Male

They weren't thinking how fast water fills in holes...

Berry Sweet

No shit...and leaving all their back packs at the entrance and walking in at least 6 miles?  Morons.

Frood

4 k's, and I believe they retreated to the 4k mark after flood waters kept pushing them deeper in.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

For instance, when I traveled through the Mohave Desert, there were some warning signs to stay out of certain areas when it rains.  Rain is so uncommon there that it's not an issue generally, but when it does come?  You can get swept away to your death if you're chilling in the wrong place, and fast...

Bricktop

I saw a flash flood in our desert once. You hear about them, but you can't quite believe it until you witness it.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"I saw a flash flood in our desert once. You hear about them, but you can't quite believe it until you witness it.

They rarely happen, but when they do, and if you're in the wrong place, you're FUCKED!  It comes so quick...

Frood

I remember living near a river and watching torrential rains fill the meadows so quick that ankle deep water would drag you off your feet along the edges. A 50 metre wide river turned into a 1k wide floodplain just like that.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Water is the most destructive natural source that this Earth can ever see, short of an Asteroid colliding with us...

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No shit...and leaving all their back packs at the entrance and walking in at least 6 miles?  Morons.

It wasn't 6 miles but I agree... I don't blame the kids though, I blame the coach 100% and I hope he gets punished for it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Every rescue type situation like this spins my head. I'm sick with worry for everyone, the boys, the brave volunteers... and thankful to the kind hearts on the edges donating food and comfort to brave volunteers.

I won't be happy until they are all out... They were lucky to be found in the first place... Very very lucky indeed.

The soccer coach should be flogged.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

4 more out now - 8 out in all

4 boys and coach remain behind
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell