The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Caskur will be unbearable this week...

Started by Bricktop, September 22, 2018, 08:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Her football team made the Grand Final (Our version of your Superbowl).

West Coast Eagles.

Didn't see THAT coming...and as the red hot favourites were astonishingly beaten the night before, they are a big chance to win the flag (its actually a trophy...but we call it a "flag" for some reason).

Brace yourselves for "We're the best football city in the world" and other braggadocios.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Her football team made the Grand Final (Our version of your Superbowl).

West Coast Eagles.

Didn't see THAT coming...and as the red hot favourites were astonishingly beaten the night before, they are a big chance to win the flag (its actually a trophy...but we call it a "flag" for some reason).

Brace yourselves for "We're the best football city in the world" and other braggadocios.

Is it the biggest sports crown in Australia?

Bricktop

Yes.

100,000 fans will be at the ground. Its the biggest team sporting event in Oz.

$350 a ticket and both sides have massive supporter bases.

Melbourne will be crammed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

Every bar will be showing the game I would imagine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Her football team made the Grand Final (Our version of your Superbowl).

West Coast Eagles.

I don't understand Aussie rules football. But, I don't understand American NFL or Canadian CFL either.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

Every bar will be showing the game I would imagine.

EVERY bar. EVERY where.

My team isn't playing, so zero fux given.

ac_dunno

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

West Coast Eagles.

I don't understand Aussie rules football. But, I don't understand American NFL or Canadian CFL either.

It's easy. Two teams, 18 a side on the field at any one time, and 4 on the bench. A goal is scored when the ball is kicked between the two large white upright goalposts. A goal is worth 6 points. A kick that goes between one white upright and the smaller red upright is a single point. If you catch a ball from a kick further than 15 metres its a mark, and you get to kick the ball unhindered as if it were a free kick.

Throws are not allowed. The ball must be passed by hand using a fist hitting the ball from the flat of your palm.

Tackling cannot be above the head, or below the knees. If you are tackled before disposing of the ball when you could have disposed of it, the tackler gets a free kick.

You can run with the ball, but it must touch the ground before you exceed 15 metres. That can be done either by bounce, or touch.

Simple.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

West Coast Eagles.

It's easy. Two teams, 18 a side on the field at any one time, and 4 on the bench. A goal is scored when the ball is kicked between the two large white upright goalposts. A goal is worth 6 points. A kick that goes between one white upright and the smaller red upright is a single point. If you catch a ball from a kick further than 15 metres its a mark, and you get to kick the ball unhindered as if it were a free kick.

Throws are not allowed. The ball must be passed by hand using a fist hitting the ball from the flat of your palm.

Tackling cannot be above the head, or below the knees. If you are tackled before disposing of the ball when you could have disposed of it, the tackler gets a free kick.

You can run with the ball, but it must touch the ground before you exceed 15 metres. That can be done either by bounce, or touch.

Simple.

I am ready to make a large wager. :laugh3:

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Great. I'll take your money!!!

And take it you would if I made a bet.

Bricktop

Hey, there's only two teams.

You've got a 50-50 chance!!!

Frood

Fcking AFL fans. It's more disruptive than Christmas or Australia Day.
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

The sport generates money but I find it boring.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Fcking AFL fans. It's more disruptive than Christmas or Australia Day.

What's YOUR sport, sparky?

Darts, perhaps. No, what am I thinking...too dangerous...

Lawn bowls!!! Yep. You'd be safe there.

Frood

Neither. I don't have a sport. I engage in some sports but I never follow others engaging in sport.
Blahhhhhh...