The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Man NEVER went to the moon.

Started by Bricktop, September 23, 2018, 02:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Meanwhile, in Australia, ONE State out of 8 has a cash for trash system in place.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Meanwhile, in Australia, ONE State out of 8 has a cash for trash system in place.

And that is what we should do too.

What irks me is there is a fine for littering but does anyone ever get bloody fined?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Meanwhile, in Australia, ONE State out of 8 has a cash for trash system in place.

What irks me is there is a fine for littering but does anyone ever get bloody fined?

They do here caskur..

A young electrician who works with my husband got a substantial fine for throwing a cigarette butt out of the window of his truck.

Bricktop

It amazes me that we've had this for decades now...and it WORKS. All reviews and studies have clearly established that much of our drink container waste is recycle. But other States just ignore it. Too hard. Too expensive. Manufacturers will cry.

Bollocks.

Too LAZY. Yet they'll ban plastic shopping bags that at least can be re-used.

Idiots.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"

They do here caskur..

A young electrician who works with my husband got a substantial fine for throwing a cigarette butt out of the window of his truck.

That's a different level of littering. You'd get fined thousands here.

caskur

Yeah but NOBODY gets caught to fine... It's only a threat. It cannot be policed.

Know what I mean?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Yeah but NOBODY gets caught to fine... It's only a threat. It cannot be policed.

Know what I mean?

There's a belief Calgary police are on quota..

If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me they are writing tickets for littering.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"Yeah but NOBODY gets caught to fine... It's only a threat. It cannot be policed.

Know what I mean?

During bushfire season, extra patrols are deployed in known danger zones. If they see a butt being flicked, the offender is going to pay BIG.