The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Vive la France

Started by Bricktop, December 03, 2018, 05:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Rioting in the streets is part of French culture and tradition dating back to the Revolution. To them, it is perfectly reasonable. To the rest of us, criminal and pointless.

There is a happy medium. Israelis would never put up with a pm like Trudeau imposing his unpopular will on the people.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

It bemuses me that such a dolt could even get elected, let alone be a PM. He is way out of his depth.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"It bemuses me that such a dolt could even get elected, let alone be a PM. He is way out of his depth.

I submitted my immigration application near the end of Stephen Harper's term as pm. I never thought Canadians would elect Justin Trudeau.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

And if polls are to be believed...twice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And if polls are to be believed...twice.

It's all but certain that Justin Trudeau will be reelected..

The two main opposition parties have weak leaders.

Bricktop

Or weak policies.

Have these opposition parties committed to reversing any of Trudeau's follies?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Or weak policies.

Andrew Scheer's Conservatives have said they will drop the national carbon tax cash grab and close the loopholes in the Third Party Agreement that allows people to walk across the border where there are no border guards and claim asylum..

I don't know what his party's plans to do about Bills C-49 and C-69 that have destroyed Canada's once prosperous energy sector.

Bricktop

Well, if they are unpopular policies the opposition should reverse them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, if they are unpopular policies the opposition should reverse them.

This is why they are rather weak..

They are not offering a clear alternative.

Bricktop

Then it is not a leadership issue, but a policy issue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Then it is not a leadership issue, but a policy issue.

No, it's leadership..

The leader doesn't know what policies he wants other than repealing Justin Trudeau's carbon tax and closing the loopholes in the Safe Third Party Agreement.

Bricktop

In other words, the opposition is either not heeding the wish of the people...or not enough people are wanting any changes.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"In other words, the opposition is either not heeding the wish of the people...or not enough people are wanting any changes.

The Conservative Party of Andre Scheer is not very conservative at all. This is why the man who lost the leadership race to Andrew Scheer on the twelfth ballot started a real conservative party that will split the vote and guarantee Trudeau another majority.

Is the Conservative Party of Canada conservative enough?

The party won't win the next election, or any others, if it can't connect with voters on the issues that Maxime Bernier is championing

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-view-is-the-conservative-party-of-canada-conservative-enough">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-vie ... ive-enough">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-view-is-the-conservative-party-of-canada-conservative-enough
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Or weak policies.

Andrew Scheer's Conservatives have said they will drop the national carbon tax cash grab and close the loopholes in the Third Party Agreement that allows people to walk across the border where there are no border guards and claim asylum..

I don't know what his party's plans to do about Bills C-49 and C-69 that have destroyed Canada's once prosperous energy sector.

That is not true. The CPC does have party positions on those bills. The problem is that Andrew Scheer is having a hard time getting any attention from the media. People in Ontario don't know who he is. Justine sucks up all the leftist media's oxygen

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"Rising costs...particularly fuel. Macron is trying to get France to comply with the Paris agreement by taxing the hell of of French people.

So prices are rising rapidly and irrationally. The French are volatile at best. It is no coincidence that the first revolution occurred in France.

They almost succeeded in forcing the De Gaulle government out in 1968...De Gaulle had a plane standing by to take him to the UK if the rioters breached the government building.

Well when a country doesnt have abundant sources of oil, gas or hydro power like Canada, it needs to get the money from somewhere to pay for it.

The Brave New World Energy consumption hasn't entirely become a reality yet.

Otherwise the French government wouldn't be taxing the hell out of their own people