The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What I like about living in a Christian country

Started by Gaon, December 21, 2018, 05:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Although I am not religious, I would like to have Pesach, Sukkot and Chanukah off too.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

It's not an expensive wine I'm drinking, but I like it.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I am now on holidays until January 2. ac_dance

It must be nice. The trains run everyday of the year except Christmas. If you want time off, you have to use  your annual vacation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"This is Gaon's thread and if he believes that Canada is Christian then I am only one of the many who agree with him.

Thanks to my city, it is celebrating a Christian holiday because my major stores are closed on Christmas day which is the birthday of CHRIST and CHRIST is in CHRISTmas and CHRISTianity.

Thank you! Come again.

Which many people do not believe in or subscribe to. In fact, the majority do not believe in CHRIST or Christianity.

That governments still endorse Christian holidays does not make a country Christian. Most rational nations strictly forbid religious interference in Government. Only basket cases like Iran and Arab muslim nations allow religion to control people.

No religion is supported by factual, empirical evidence...in fact, most evidence denies the origins of every religion.

So, to believe your country is ruled by adherents to fairy tales is somewhat worrisome...which of course, is the case in America where piety and politics are yin and yang.

I wish Israel would officially become a secular republic. Let the haredim get jobs and do their mandatory military service like I had to.

It wouldn't be Israel if it wasn't the Jewish state.

Just curious, what will you Christmas eve and Christmas day?

Gaon

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"This is Gaon's thread and if he believes that Canada is Christian then I am only one of the many who agree with him.

Thanks to my city, it is celebrating a Christian holiday because my major stores are closed on Christmas day which is the birthday of CHRIST and CHRIST is in CHRISTmas and CHRISTianity.

Thank you! Come again.

Which many people do not believe in or subscribe to. In fact, the majority do not believe in CHRIST or Christianity.

That governments still endorse Christian holidays does not make a country Christian. Most rational nations strictly forbid religious interference in Government. Only basket cases like Iran and Arab muslim nations allow religion to control people.

No religion is supported by factual, empirical evidence...in fact, most evidence denies the origins of every religion.

So, to believe your country is ruled by adherents to fairy tales is somewhat worrisome...which of course, is the case in America where piety and politics are yin and yang.

I wish Israel would officially become a secular republic. Let the haredim get jobs and do their mandatory military service like I had to.

It wouldn't be Israel if it wasn't the Jewish state.

Just curious, what will you Christmas eve and Christmas day?

The Haredim are supposed to reach 1.1 million people in 2019. They are freeloaders who have big families. The Arab population is 1.8 million people. That is nearly three million people who don't serve in the army, and don't pull their own weight and breed like rabbits.

We need to become a secular state with an Israeli identity. We also need to do a land swap with the Palestinians. The Northern District is already 55% Muslim.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

My wife is supposed to work overtime on Christmas day. I will be at home with my daughter. We will probably watch kids movies.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"My wife is supposed to work overtime on Christmas day. I will be at home with my daughter. We will probably watch kids movies.

I've seen you post about that land swap thing. What's to stop the Arabs from just moving out of the area if that land was about to be handed over to the Palestinian Authority? Who the hell would prefer to live in Palestinian controlled territory over advanced Israel.

Gaon

Quote from: "Gaon"My wife is supposed to work overtime on Christmas day. I will be at home with my daughter. We will probably watch kids movies.

I've seen you post about that land swap thing. What's to stop the Arabs from just moving out of the area if that land was about to be handed over to the Palestinian Authority? Who the hell would prefer to live in Palestinian controlled territory over advanced Israel.

It makes no sense to create a Palestinian state that has no Jewish people while Israel is turned into a dual-population state with more than 20% of minorities.

The Arab population only currently living in the Triangle would lose their Israeli citizenship. The Druze community, whose leaders are mainly pro-Israel, would remain part of Israel. All remaining citizens, whether Jews or Arabs would have to pledge an oath of allegiance to the state in order to keep their Israeli citizenship.

The plan would reduce both the Arab population of Israel and the Jewish population of the West Bank, creating more ethnically homogeneous states without anyone moving.[
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

It makes no sense to create a Palestinian state that has no Jewish people while Israel is turned into a dual-population state with more than 20% of minorities.

The Arab population only currently living in the Triangle would lose their Israeli citizenship. The Druze community, whose leaders are mainly pro-Israel, would remain part of Israel. All remaining citizens, whether Jews or Arabs would have to pledge an oath of allegiance to the state in order to keep their Israeli citizenship.

The plan would reduce both the Arab population of Israel and the Jewish population of the West Bank, creating more ethnically homogeneous states without anyone moving.[

Is this really possible?

Anonymous

I am home for a few days. I drove all night to get here. I think I deserve a jug or two of barrel wash.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I am home for a few days. I drove all night to get here. I think I deserve a jug or two of barrel wash.

It's nice to be home for Christmas..

I took a big meal to the people working in my husband's shop yesterday.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I am home for a few days. I drove all night to get here. I think I deserve a jug or two of barrel wash.

It's nice to be home for Christmas..

I took a big meal to the people working in my husband's shop yesterday.

Aint you just the sweetest thang.

Zetsu

Holidays are always the best  ac_cool

Things I like about Christian countries would be people in general are always nice and friendly compared to HK, when you're in trouble or need aid, people would not hesitate to rush to help you unlike most Chinese ppl, White people themselves prefer to keep the public toilets clean unlike Chinese ppl expect it's the janitor's duty to clean up their littering, people of different races gets treated equality when it comes to a individuals unlike Chinese treat darker skinned races like inferior class citizens or freaks due to skin colour.  People are honest here while Americans have an honour system they uphold very well, etc.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Holidays are always the best  ac_cool

Things I like about Christian countries would be people in general are always nice and friendly compared to HK, when you're in trouble or need aid, people would not hesitate to rush to help you unlike most Chinese ppl, White people themselves prefer to keep the public toilets clean unlike Chinese ppl expect it's the janitor's duty to clean up their littering, people of different races gets treated equality when it comes to a individuals unlike Chinese treat darker skinned races like inferior class citizens or freaks due to skin colour.  People are honest here while Americans have an honour system they uphold very well, etc.

North Americans are very charitable compared to Asia or Europe.

Gaon

Quote from: "Zetsu"Holidays are always the best  ac_cool

I have never been to Hong Kong, but I always thought it was a civilized place. It's Asia, so they don't do multiculturalism like Europe, North America and Australia and New Zealand. The advanced places in Asia try to be fair or so I've heard.
The Russian Rock It