The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Has anyone ever served in the military?

Started by Gaon, January 01, 2019, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Gaon"I was in the IDF for three years. I was an infantryman. I saw combat in the Second Intifada. And I was in the Battle of Jenin. Thankfully I wasn't injured. But, it's something I will never forget.

Has anyone else served in the military. I think Odinson might have. If you have, please tell us about it.

Only one cousin of my nephew and niece (but not a blood relation to me) served in Iraq, twice... he actually married a Japanese girl after he left the Australian military. Interesting that she went back to Japan to have her baby and didn't have it in Australia.

Australia was part of the coalition of the willing.
The Russian Rock It

cc

I miss not seeing poster heinzy in a while. He was in Germany during the war and experienced it all. We communicated much about the war via pm.

I miss him, one of the very best posters anywhere

As a child during the war he would be older ... maybe no news is not good news  :sad:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "cc"I miss not seeing poster heinzy in a while. He was in Germany during the war and experienced it all. We communicated much about the war via pm.

I miss him, one of the very best posters anywhere

As a child during the war he would be older ... maybe no news is not good news  :sad:

My Mother in Law is 86... I'm not sure how much older her Austrian husband was but say if he lived he would be 88 ish now...

He was 14 when forced into the Hitler youth. All kids had to be in the Hitler Youth... for your friend to be in the miltary back in WW2 he must be over 90 now.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I remember heinzy, a very nice and wise man..

But, he's probably not around anymore.

:sad:

cc

QuoteAll kids had to be in the Hitler Youth

Yes. And dear heinzi was also... although I had thought he had said it was at a much younger age
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

It's too bad Priscilla isn't more comfortable communicating in English..

She's the only person left on these forums who has experienced the horror of living under absolute tyranny..

She was very young at the time too.

Anonymous

I had relatives persecuted by Stalin, which is why we came to Canada. But, I do not have immediate family who served.

Odinson

I´m a jäger sergeant..

Not in active service.

Gaon

Quote from: "Odinson"I´m a jäger sergeant..

Not in active service.

I never heard of them. I looked it up though. So, you served in the World War 1 did you.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gaon"

Not in active service.

I never heard of them. I looked it up though. So, you served in the World War 1 did you.

The only thing Odinson would have served in is McDonalds.

Odinson is a slavic version of Joe.

No representation of truth of fact is intended or implied.

Odinson

Quote from: "Gaon"

Not in active service.

Jäger is a base unit of finnish land forces..

Like rangers are in the US army.

Jäger just specializes more in the all terrain combat and guerrilla tactics.

Americans say that if you can fight in the arctic, you can fight anywhere..

Thats in reference to us.

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"Jarhead?

The fact that we are all jägers comes from the Royal prussian jägerbattalion 27..

It was a finnish unit during WW1.. And they then came back to Finland and served as the base of our new military.

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"

The fact that we are all jägers comes from the Royal prussian jägerbattalion 27..

It was a finnish unit during WW1.. And they then came back to Finland and served as the base of our new military.

Finland lost territory to Russia I recently read.
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Odinson"

Finland lost territory to Russia I recently read.

Yes..