The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australia explained.

Started by Bricktop, January 04, 2019, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"That would be some Hotel's private beach.

Which is yet another reason I despise and will not patronise "resorts".

Yeah, how dare people capture beaches...

you know one beach in Australia has started charging for parking... OUTRAGEOUS.

Guilderton Western Australia.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

That's TWO then...although the Council that started charging here backed off and stopped it.

They claimed charging was necessary to give everyone a fair chance at getting a park.

A "day at the beach" became 2 hours tops.

Frood

Foreshore parking pretty much anywhere along Port Philip Bay in Melbourne is pay only. Between 8-13 bucks for more than a couple hours from recollection.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

And Bondi. But they are social centres as well.

One council here put up ticket machines at a suburban beach where families tended to go...no pubs, clubs or shops nearby. That sucked.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"That would be some Hotel's private beach.

Which is yet another reason I despise and will not patronise "resorts".

Yeah, how dare people capture beaches...

you know one beach in Australia has started charging for parking... OUTRAGEOUS.

Guilderton Western Australia.

They charge for parking everywhere here caskur..

Even hospitals charge for parking to see a terminally ill loved one.

Bricktop

Same here.

As soon as some western government initiates a scheme to make more money, all the others jump on the bandwagon.

Although you do get two hours free before they start charging.

But by far and away the worst country to exploit parking fees is the UK. You could visit a small remote village in Scotland,and if you parked in a shopping car park or railway station car park you pay.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Isn't that ridiculous.

That beach is in the Cote d'Azur, between Cannes and Nice. A place called Juan-les-Pins.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

The beaches back at home are close to my heart too, of course.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w8f9M5SuzTs/UWJINwuucSI/AAAAAAAACY8/C9Y3S7csMnQ/w1200-h630-p-nu/pearl+farm+beach+resort.png">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

We get on these boats and go for a day of island hopping. The boat will stop at any spot and we jump into the clear turquoise water. That was fun!

http://meanttogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Talicud-Island-Hopping-Boat.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

I was in Palawan and Boroacay. I liked Palawan better.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Same here.

But by far and away the worst country to exploit parking fees is the UK. You could visit a small remote village in Scotland,and if you parked in a shopping car park or railway station car park you pay.

This is why I am appalled because the councillor who got on TV explaining why they're charging was a bloody pom...

Now, if Fed parliament cannot have dual citizenship members, then how come these 3rd rate council pricks from overseas can change our laws?... see why I'm super angry about it?

Guilderton is beautiful but it's way out of the city urban sprawl... it's a bloody country town.

we invite people to come join us, not bloody change us.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I'm making too many typos and I only just got here. I better go back to bed. I've been up ALL night and ALL morning.

The heat turns me into an insomniac.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The beaches back at home are close to my heart too, of course.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w8f9M5SuzTs/UWJINwuucSI/AAAAAAAACY8/C9Y3S7csMnQ/w1200-h630-p-nu/pearl+farm+beach+resort.png">

omg, the only thing missing are the two native attendants filling my nails and toes while I sip some refreshing tall drink.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I'm making too many typos and I only just got here. I better go back to bed. I've been up ALL night and ALL morning.

I can understand that caskur..

Our winters with so less sunlight makes me sleep well.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"I'm making too many typos and I only just got here. I better go back to bed. I've been up ALL night and ALL morning.

Two words for you.

AIR CONDITIONER.